Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW i3 REX - NOx?

Options
  • 25-10-2020 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I am looking at bringing in a 2015 BMW i3 60Ah REx from the UK.

To calculate the VRT I need to establish the NOx figure for this type. I have found references in board posts and in articles to figures in the range 0.7 to 2 mg/km for the i3 REx, but I am struggling to find anything definitive from BMW on it.

Using the revenue VRT calculator, this NOx range would give me a total VRT fee of €290, which is not too much of a pill to swallow, but can anyone on here confirm the official NOx figure for the 60Ah Rex?

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

I was planning on re-exporting my 2015 i3 REX back to the UK so had to look into this last month. The figure I was given (even though the actual figure is lower I believe) is 2.000 g/km.

see here: https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/search-new-or-used-cars.aspx?vid=821865

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kevin Forde

I could not find definitive NOx info for the BMW i3 REX anywhere online so I got a Certificate of Conformity from BMW eventually.

The CoC states 0.8 mg/km NOx for mine, a 2017 94Ah (33kWh) i3 REX, but I think the REX element is unchanged since 2014.

Not sure if this info will be useful to anyone, as the window for importing these from the UK at any reasonable cost seems to be closing with Brexit.

Note - the online VRT calculator does not calculate NOx part of the VRT charge correctly below 1 mg/kg NOx - it defaults to the maximum (= €600) as opposed to the charge for 1 mg/km (= €5). Big difference & be ready to challenge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I completely misinterpreted the title of this thread and thought you were trying to boost the power of the REX using Nitrous Oxide, fast & furious style :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I completely misinterpreted the title of this thread and thought you were trying to boost the power of the REX using Nitrous Oxide, fast & furious style :D

The wee REX cannae take the strain I fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

Hi Kevin, did you ever get an answer on this. I'm looking at doing the same at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yes, BMS Cert of Conformity indicates 0.8 mg/km NOx for a 2017 94Ah (33kWh) i3 REX

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cowicklow

Hi, by any chance would you be able to share that CoC with me. Importing a 94aH REX myself right now. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Where would one get a CoC cheap or free?

My last car I told the VRT woman that it was ''already on the system, why would I need it'', luckily the revenue guys were gone home around 3.30 pm on a Friday and she was not able to confirm with them and she said she was taken a chance.

PM me if you don't want to divulge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

2 years later and I fell for the same joke and thought someone was boosting an i3 with nitrous oxide 😂

I knew this thread was ringing a bell

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement