Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 13 Captains pick

• 13-12-2020 9:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround.

Leaving it on Vardy v EVE.

GW 13 Captain pick 119 votes

Werner(wol)
    57% 69 votes
    KdB(WBA)
    0% 0 votes
    Mahrez(WBA)
    20% 24 votes
    Ings(ars)
    0% 1 vote
    Wilson(lee)
    0% 0 votes
    Vardy(EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    DCL(lei)
    2% 3 votes
    Salah(TOT)
    0% 0 votes
    Son(liv)
    4% 5 votes
    Kane(liv)
    0% 0 votes
    Zaha(whu)
    0% 0 votes
    Grealish(BUR)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes(shu)
    0% 1 vote
    Other, mention in thread
    13% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

KDB (C), Vardy (VC)

I don't think Sheffield United will be as poor v United and concede many goals.

Hoping City will romp home v WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Captain bruno. United love being away from home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I want to put it on Bruno but Utd look very tired. I'm worried about KDB game time too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Bruno(c) Jack the lad (vc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

F1ngers wrote: »
    Quick turnaround.

Leaving it on Vardy v EVE.

I wouldn't be expecting much out of Vardy. The Everton defence has improved with the injuries to the full backs. They're very tight and compact now and the full backs don't venture up the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be expecting much out of Vardy. The Everton defence has improved with the injuries to the full backs. They're very tight and compact now and the full backs don't venture up the pitch.

Still have Pickford in goals, and he was saved by the post in the last game from a freekick, instead of staying his side, and letting the wall cover the other - he took a step or two to his right, and was no where near a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Still have Pickford in goals, and he was saved by the post in the last game from a freekick, instead of staying his side, and letting the wall cover the other - he took a step or two to his right, and was no where near a free.

Yea that was awful. He's capable of howlers in every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Bruno. Sheffield Utd are relegated already and playing like it. Could easily see him notch a hat trick and a couple of assists.

Having said that given my luck recently he will be rested.

touts wrote: »
    Bruno. Sheffield Utd are relegated already and playing like it. Could easily see him notch a hat trick and a couple of assists.

Having said that given my luck recently he will be rested.

I'm hoping that Ole can't afford to rest him as they are useless without him. It's more Bruno himself, he's not really had a rest since the season started apart from the first half of the West Ham game and his performances could start to flag. He was largely anonymous against City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Tempted to go with a Chelsea defender, maybe Zouma, I think they will keep a clean sheet and a defender might be picking up assist or goal points ....and bps.

Also tempted with grealish...or stick with the safe option of Vardy, hope the party continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 machomac

So every lad in my league has Bruno. I suspect most will captain him. In the hope of catching a few of them on the hop I'm considering Grealish (which most of them have also) or go stone mad and go with Zaha (which none of them have). Tis a bit of a gamble....Zaha with West Ham away isn't an easy fixture. Grealish with Burnley at home. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Watkins. Due a haul

machomac wrote: »
    So every lad in my league has Bruno. I suspect most will captain him. In the hope of catching a few of them on the hop I'm considering Grealish (which most of them have also) or go stone mad and go with Zaha (which none of them have). Tis a bit of a gamble....Zaha with West Ham away isn't an easy fixture. Grealish with Burnley at home. Any thoughts?

I like the idea of grealish this week, but United are away to sheff utd, who are struggling in a big way, Bruno on pens .

machomac wrote: »

Should Bruno start, he could get a monster score against the worst team in the league. Can't see Villa putting many past Burnley.

Feic knows with Zaha. I think it's enough of a gamble by owning him, never mind captaining him

Can you realistically see Zaha outscore Bruno?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I like the idea of grealish this week, but United are away to sheff utd, who are struggling in a big way, Bruno on pens .

The thing with Burnley and Sheff United though is that they’re defensively minded first and foremost whereas I’m not sure West Brom are to quite the same extent.

Not sure that West Brom are equipped to sit back and frustrate City in spite of the fact that it’ll be their only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 machomac

siblers wrote: »
    Should Bruno start, he could get a monster score against the worst team in the league. Can't see Villa putting many past Burnley.

Feic knows with Zaha. I think it's enough of a gamble by owning him, never mind captaining him

Can you realistically see Zaha outscore Bruno?

Ahhh who knows. Zaha and Bruno more or less neck and neck on total points and points per game. Bruno with easier opposition, zaha perhaps fresher after a two game break. Can guarantee Zaha playing 90 mins. Grealish also guaranteed to play a full game. Sometimes you need a little risk to get the award. Anyways....ill ponder it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Watkins. Due a haul

Hmm, food for thought.
    Its either him or Vardy for me.
    Notice Ollie didn't take the peno last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Liverpool v spurs has a couple of strong captain options, its a big game with sides not known to concede much but in these games some big names can come through to score big in FPL.
    And surprisingly I am more so leaned toward the spurs attacking duo this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Liverpool v spurs has a couple of strong captain options, its a big game with sides not known to concede much but in these games some big names can come through to score big in FPL.
    And surprisingly I am more so leaned toward the spurs attacking duo this time around
    Mourinho has a tendency to not let his attacking players venture beyond the halfway line in these kinds of games away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Punt on Sterling, Salah VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

stuck between Mahrez or Sterling, have Mahrez could afford Sterling:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

siblers wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Ole can't afford to rest him as they are useless without him. It's more Bruno himself, he's not really had a rest since the season started apart from the first half of the West Ham game and his performances could start to flag. He was largely anonymous against City

If he doesn't start you'd have to think he's unlikely to play, at least. So you should at least have a VC to fall back on, rather than a sickening 5 minutes off the bench for a 1 pointer.

Whatever about United without Bruno, Sheffield United are terrible. If he doesn't start you'd expect they're unlikely to need to spring him like in the West Ham game.

I think I left my captaincy on chilwell ....eeek

Advertisement