Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Marathon Location on East Coast?

Options
  • 11-12-2020 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance for anyone who is fed up the virtual running trend

I had planned Manchester last April - postponed, Seville on Feb 14th - never opened, Castellon on Feb 28th - entered but now postponed so am getting fed up with being in marathon shape with nothing to show for it.
    I'll be venturing over to the swimbikerun dark side in the summer so a decent run in the Autumn isn't on the cards.

I'm planning on doing the Castellon run virtually but am looking for a half decent route. Anything flat-ish over 5km loops will do so I can rope in a support crew.
    The goal is sub 3 so my usual long run course of north or south bound on the N11 won't do it.

I'm not up on the Dublin parks so am hoping someone might give me a recommendation I can recce in advance once I'm allowed leave Wicklow. I'm not adverse to venturing to other counties either of course.
    Anyone in a similar boat is welcome to join me on Feb 28th, give or take a day or two depending on weather etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Apologies in advance for anyone who is fed up the virtual running trend

I had planned Manchester last April - postponed, Seville on Feb 14th - never opened, Castellon on Feb 28th - entered but now postponed so am getting fed up with being in marathon shape with nothing to show for it.
    I'll be venturing over to the swimbikerun dark side in the summer so a decent run in the Autumn isn't on the cards.

I'm planning on doing the Castellon run virtually but am looking for a half decent route. Anything flat-ish over 5km loops will do so I can rope in a support crew.
    The goal is sub 3 so my usual long run course of north or south bound on the N11 won't do it.

I'm not up on the Dublin parks so am hoping someone might give me a recommendation I can recce in advance once I'm allowed leave Wicklow. I'm not adverse to venturing to other counties either of course.
    Anyone in a similar boat is welcome to join me on Feb 28th, give or take a day or two depending on weather etc.

N11 by Jack Whites is pretty flat. Run there in the summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

N11 by Jack Whites is pretty flat. Run there in the summer .

I'm heading that way on Sunday's long run. I'm going to take the sea road from Arklow and turn up to Jack White's. From there it is a race pace 8km to home. I'll check out the elevation properly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I'm heading that way on Sunday's long run. I'm going to take the sea road from Arklow and turn up to Jack White's. From there it is a race pace 8km to home. I'll check out the elevation properly then.

Sometimes I run from jack white towards Doyle's pub or other times Jack white towards arklow, but after first roundabout u have hills. Also wind might play apart.

Coast road was ok

Advertisement