Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

muletide wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Dean Rock to score 9 or more at 3-1. Think he will be good for at least one goal and combine this with a high number of freesia I think Cavan will have to foul a lot.

Seems good value

Powers line is 7.5, and evens over +7.5. So 3/1 for another point seems decent. Cavan didn't give up that many frees in scorable positions against Donegal. Branigan reffing so more used to Northern tackling - more lenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

muletide wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Dean Rock to score 9 or more at 3-1. Think he will be good for at least one goal and combine this with a high number of freesia I think Cavan will have to foul a lot.

Seems good value

Who's that with ?

Boyles have money back on a losing pregame singles up to €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

yabadabado wrote: »
    Who's that with ?

Boyles have money back on a losing pregame singles up to €10.

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Lads I counted Rock 6 pts and Callaghan 4 - am I right in saying they had a combined score of 10 pts? Or did I get the count wrong? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Handicap has dropped to -13 after being -14 after the Ulster final. I've had my first decent cut off it at 10/11 and I'd expect it to be closer to -15 or -16 as we get closer to the game.

This is no disrespect to Cavan for any of their fans reading this thread. This is purely what I think will happen in reality. I'd be as happy as the next man to see Cavan win after the year they've had so far, even if it cost me a few bob.

Happy with that bet. Talked myself out of going in again and glad I did cos they had to work harder than I expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings Selections 5/12/2020:

Cavan to score a goal (Dublin vs Cavan)
    3pts 6-5 Boylesports -3

Ciaran Kilkenny Footballer of the Year (All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2020)
    5pts 2-1 Paddy Power

-3 Today.

Jennings Selections 6/12/2020

Mayo -4 (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    4pts 10-11 general

Mayo over 1.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    3pts 6-4 Boylesports, Paddy Power

Mayo over 2.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    1pt 9-2 Boylesports, Paddy Power

Mayo over 3.5 goals (Mayo vs Tipperary)
    1pt 14-1 Boylesports

Updated Profit Loss for Racing Post Tipsters (Excluding Outright Selections in Post #266 & Post #557):

Jennings Total Points Staked: 207.5
    Jennings Profit/Loss: -14.45
    Jennings Total Selections: 93
    Jennings Total Winners: 32
    %: 34.41%

Boylan Total Points Staked: 116
    Boylan Profit/Loss: -13.68
    Boylan Total Selections: 67
    Boylan Total Winners: 22
    %: 32.84%

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Mayo vs Tipperary All-Ireland football Semi-Final 3:30

Anybody got any thoughts on how the Baltic conditions will affect the points scored total today?

Latest report from Dublin airport at 12 noon is 0 degrees Celsius. While this should lift a little before throw-in at 3:30pm, this is likely to be the coldest conditions for a championship game in living memory.

These are national league conditions, where total points average around 30 points.

The fog has been very slow to lift, that usually leaves a slippery mist on the ground. All of this, I think, would suggest a lower scoring game than you would expect at this stage of the championship.

Mayo games have not produced more that 32 points so far in this championship, averaging, exactly 30 points per game.
    Tipperary games have averaged 32 points.

Boyles have a take-your pick on the cut-off handicap.

I'm taking Under 36.5 Total points at 4/6.

I would be very surprised and a little bit poorer if 36 points is breached.

Edit: A low scoring game makes Tipperary -5 at 10/11 (Boyles) very tasty indeed.

One further tip.

Mayo have played three games so far in the championship and one of those games has produced no goals. 33.3%

Tipperary have played three games so far in the championship and one of those games has produced no goals. 33.3%

One would imagine the odds on no goals today would be slightly less than 3/1 to give the bookie the edge.

Boyle have marked this up at a mouth-watering 13/2.

This gives the punter the edge.

No goals at 13/2 on Boyle. Worth a small flutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

One further tip.

Mayo have played three games so far in the championship and one of those games has produced no goals. 33.3%

Tipperary have played three games so far in the championship and one of those games has produced no goals. 33.3%

One would imagine the odds on no goals today would be slightly less than 3/1 to give the bookie the edge.

33% is 2/1 not 3/1.

2/1 + 2/1 = 8/1

And the most obvious caveat, games against other opposition completely irrelevant. Croke Park a big factor as well.

13/2 looks pretty spot on to me. As you say worth a small flutter, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Going against this with the mayo forward line of coc conroy doc I can see them with getting at least 1 goal.galway reverted back to the blanket which was near impossible to get a goal tip dont seem to do this so there is chances there today.
    Also the high ball in to oshea anything could happen he usually has two on him so there will be free me.now I better find my mayo jersey

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    33% is 2/1 not 3/1.

2/1 + 2/1 = 8/1

And the most obvious caveat, games against other opposition completely irrelevant. Croke Park a big factor as well.

13/2 looks pretty spot on to me. As you say worth a small flutter, best of luck.
    Yeah, my bad, 33.3% is actually 2/1.

Just on the 2/1 + 2/1 = 8/1

If you put 10 euro down on a double, both on odds of 2/1, don't you win 60 Euro? Would this make it 6/1?

If so, the bookie is making it still giving away a very small advantage to the punter, which, as you've pointed out could easily be negated by the wide open spaces and good surface (usually) in Croker.

I find the statistics part of the game really intriguing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Anybody got any thoughts on how the Baltic conditions will affect the points scored total today?

Latest report from Dublin airport at 12 noon is 0 degrees Celsius. While this should lift a little before throw-in at 3:30pm, this is likely to be the coldest conditions for a championship game in living memory.

These are national league conditions, where total points average around 30 points.

The fog has been very slow to lift, that usually leaves a slippery mist on the ground. All of this, I think, would suggest a lower scoring game than you would expect at this stage of the championship.

Mayo games have not produced more that 32 points so far in this championship, averaging, exactly 30 points per game.

Edit: A low scoring game makes Tipperary -5 at 10/11 (Boyles) very tasty indeed.

I like your thinking and will follow

Yeah, my bad, 33.3% is actually 2/1.

Just on the 2/1 + 2/1 = 8/1

If you put 10 euro down on a double, both on odds of 2/1, don't you win 60 Euro? Would this make it 6/1?

If so, the bookie is making it still giving away a very small advantage to the punter, which, as you've pointed out could easily be negated by the wide open spaces and good surface (usually) in Croker.

I find the statistics part of the game really intriguing.....

If you put €10 @2/1 = €30. €30 @ 2/1 = €90, so €90 return from €10 bet = 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Under 35.5 Tipp v Mayo. Think the fog could make it tricky, saw a lot of lads slipping in Croker last weekend.

Both provincial finals were under that line, unless there's a few goals think it should be good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

32 first half points, some shooting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Under 35.5 Tipp v Mayo. Think the fog could make it tricky, saw a lot of lads slipping in Croker last weekend.

Both provincial finals were under that line, unless there's a few goals think it should be good.

I'll stick to the hurling

Tipperary???

Anyone got the lend of a fiver? :eek::eek::rolleyes:

I'll stick to the hurling

Caught too.

Tipperary team should have stayed on the bus.

One further tip.

Only five goals in the first half.:eek::eek::eek:
    What a strange game this is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

naughto wrote: »
    Going against this with the mayo forward line of coc conroy doc I can see them with getting at least 1 goal.galway reverted back to the blanket which was near impossible to get a goal tip dont seem to do this so there is chances there today.
    Also the high ball in to oshea anything could happen he usually has two on him so there will be free me.now I better find my mayo jersey

I was expecting goals but not this many

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

game could get abandoned yet and save us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

naughto wrote: »
    I was expecting goals but not this many

What happens a bet on Mayo over 3.5 goals if the match is abandoned because of fog - followed the tipster posted above - thanks

Danick wrote: »
    What happens a bet on Mayo over 3.5 goals if the match is abandoned because of fog - followed the tipster posted above - thanks

Should be settled already no? Winner anyway

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Should be settled already no? Winner anyway
    I think Tipp would concede if fog stopped play.

For any of us that lost money today because of Tipperary's no-show at least Mayo should ask some questions of Dublin in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

they'll lose by a point like they always do. at least they'll have more of a rest than last year when they played too many weeks in a row and had nothing left for the second half - that should ensure they don't take a drubbing

For any of us that lost money today because of Tipperary's no-show at least Mayo should ask some questions of Dublin in the final.

But it's a winner. Should be settled inplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Some nice handicap opportunities towards the end of the game, always a good chance Tipp would hold the gap or reduce it. Had a small nibble myself, Tipp +18 with only about 15 mins left was in and around Evens.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Some nice handicap opportunities towards the end of the game, always a good chance Tipp would hold the gap or reduce it. Had a small nibble myself, Tipp +18 with only about 15 mins left was in and around Evens.

Always money to be made in-play but got totally burnt today so stayed away.

That was like seeing a game of football from 1981. 8 goals scored and as many goal chances spurned. I'm still trying to process what I just witnessed.

The only question that Mayo will ask Dublin is 'please stop we are already dead'!

They conceded 3-13 against Tipp and it could have very easily been 6 or 7 goals, Dublin will absolutely tear them apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

Handicap -6 for the final? Seems like a gift

Advertisement