Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol Expiry Date

• 08-12-2020 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Ok so I have an unopened bottle of vodka about 7 years now. I don't drink vodka so just never used it and the seal is still in tact.

Would it still be alright to drink does anyone know. Christmas fast approaching I reckon I can give it to someone that might use it, once I know it's ok to consume.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

taylor3 wrote: »
    Ok so I have an unopened bottle of vodka about 7 years now. I don't drink vodka so just never used it and the seal is still in tact.

Would it still be alright to drink does anyone know. Christmas fast approaching I reckon I can give it to someone that might use it, once I know it's ok to consume.

Does it even have a best before date on it? Unopened it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If it was 30 years old, then it may be a little different, but 7-10 years and it will be near perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

It's basically water and alcohol, so don't see why it would even need a expiry date.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

irish_goat wrote: »
    Does it even have a best before date on it? Unopened it will be fine.

No doesn't actually have an expiry date but just wasn't sure tbh if it would still be ok to drink. As per other poster says looks like it should be good to drink. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

it will be fine
    It's basically water and alcohol, so don't see why it would even need a expiry date.
    some manufacturers put expiry dates on stuff simply to stop old packaging still appearing on shelves years later, and forcing stock turnover (retailers might have to sell it off cheap and get in more). In the 80's you would not see dates on canned food, which is effectively sterilized and will last pretty much indefinitely.

The likes of smirnoff would not like to see old logos/labels on sun faded old paper labels so I am surprised spirit companies have not started doing it too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement