Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hennessy Brandy

Options
  • 08-12-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey folks, I’ve a few unopened bottles of Henessey Brandy that I’ve got as gifts through the years, does anyone know where I could sell them or some way of donating to a charity shop where they could be sold for charity?

I don’t know anyone who drinks the stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Charity shops won't touch them. Aside from the minor issue of needing an intoxicating liquor (off) licence, they wouldn't want to get the name of being a source of cheap booze. Their shops are staffed by volunteers who wouldn't be able to handle a constant stream of winos looking to see if they'd had any recent donations.

I'm sure I would find a lovely home for them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,873 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you have a local sports club running a fund raising raffle, I expect they would like to have them as consolation prizes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Your local pub might swap them for bottles of something else if you know them and they trust you. Or as odyssey06 says, find somewhere doing a raffle.

or as the dunne said....give them to him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

irish_goat wrote: »
    Your local pub might swap them for bottles of something else if you know them and they trust you. Or as odyssey06 says, find somewhere doing a raffle.

Pubs might have swapped them,say 10 years ago.But not anymore with the tight Revenue rules.Too easy to be accused of illicit trading by Revenue when stocks are audited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

If,you were lucky enough to find a shop receipt for Hennessey you could bring a bottle to the shop and try for a swap/refund.Otherwise donate to a local raffle.They would be delighted.Or,bake an xmas pud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

do you drink Baileys? Brandy and baileys is a nice drink, especially around Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Stick a post up on FB, no doubt some of your friends will be interested. Sell them half price. They will be gone in no time. Tis the season.

Or raffle them on FB among your mates, seems popular now. 2.50 a ticket. Use the lotto bonus ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

do you drink Baileys? Brandy and baileys is a nice drink, especially around Christmas

A cracking mix. Must get some in for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

A cracking mix. Must get some in for the season.

I heard Smurts has some going cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Effects wrote: »
    I heard Smurts has some going cheap!

So he does. Myself and dunne will fight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Will trade ye for whiskey or stout!!

Thanks for the suggestions folks ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

So he does. Myself and dunne will fight for it.

We can just take one each.

I'm a lover, not a fighter

Advertisement