Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present idea - budget €100

Options
  • 08-12-2020 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I have an old friend that I used to buy a bottle of booze for every xmas. I am going to start again this year, and want to get him something interesting. He is a proper food, wine and drink expert, and I am not, but I try and get something he might not otherwise have, and maybe something christmassy.

10 years ago I got a Flor de Cana 18 or 21 year old from Celtic Whiskey Shop, and the next year got him Green Spot whiskey from Mitchells. Another year I got Lustau something (not sherry, it might have been a port or brandy or something which used Lustau barrels), again from Mitchells. A few years ago I got him a Pineau de Charentes, on the basis that I was broke, and it was still the kind of thing he wouldn't buy himself. A couple of years I got different ports. All went down well (I helped him with the rum).

Any ideas? Budget approx €100, and will be shopping in Dublin city centre. I'd prefer one decent bottle, but might consider a tasting pack of some kind, and would tend towards the classic rather than the willfully obscure.

Comments

Advertisement