Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepaths POLL

• 26-11-2020 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

So with the LONG awaited Cyberpunk 2077 around the corner, what are you going to choose as your Lifepath for your playthrough. The Lifepath you pick will alter and does affect how your Cyberpunk story will progress.

For anyone not familiar with the Lifepaths available, here is a youtube video to help you (no spoilers in the video)

I am leaning towards Street Kid myself. Cant wait for this game now, we need something nextgenish and fresh.

Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepath 53 votes

Corporate
    79% 42 votes
    Nomad
    9% 5 votes
    Street Kid
    11% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Leaning towards Nomad, so that I'll be experiencing Night City in the same way as my character - a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The amount of games I've played where you're a young kid starting out on the street ... such a nice change to start as a corprorate character. Thats the route I'm going for... (for the first play through!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah leaning on corporate and hoping it plays out like a 80s esque wall street kind of movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reading comments online, the majority are going for nomad but i love the sound of the Street Kid path of boosting cars and street races so that's what I'll be going with first. I think corporate will be least popular but could be the most interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Corporate sleazebag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Corpo or Nomad seem most interesting to me, but jesus this game can't arrive quickly enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I had this week booked off to play it...I painted the house instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Depending on how long the prologue is. Could play all 3 and decide which character you like best at that point maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think the prologue is 5-6 hours believe it or not. It is going to be a MONSTROUS game. Id say most playthroughs will be 100+ hours.
    And if I am honest, I cant see myself playing through it again at that length. It will take a long time to complete and by the time I am done there will likely be some other games I want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dunno. I took my time with my first playthrough of Witcher 3 and after all expansions, had clocked up (IIRC) 140 hours. I started a second playthrough immediately just to try a completely different build with different choices and clocked around 60 hours (no expansions), took a gaming hiatus and then finished the expansions a year after.

The above scenario would likely only happen with me if this is as good a game as W3, which is a big assumption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ZiabR wrote: »
    I think the prologue is 5-6 hours believe it or not. It is going to be a MONSTROUS game. Id say most playthroughs will be 100+ hours.
    And if I am honest, I cant see myself playing through it again at that length. It will take a long time to complete and by the time I am done there will likely be some other games I want to play.

I could replay 5-6 hours a few times tbf. I'd be the same, wouldn't replay the full game again though as easily. Might be worth doing multiple prologues and then seeing which character you like best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Corporate, bit of a Deus ex vibe from it and general fan of sci fi mega corp stuff in films like Tyrell in Blade runner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Apart from the e3 reveal with Keanu, I've watched nothing on this game. Going in blind and will pick a path at random. A game this size i won't be doing multiple play throughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Corporate huh?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Corporate seems the least interesting one to me, tbh. Feels like nomad and street kid would add excitement and curiosity to the gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

When I think of corporate, I think of Monty Burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nomad feels the least cringey to me, the voice acting seems a step up from the others just going on those intros mind .. and I prefer that kind of vibe in general

Advertisement