Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something funny happened WLR this morning

Options
  • 07-12-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

So a person was asked in a quiz which is the area of the city that has roof over it, the options Damien Tiernan provided were the " Red Market, The Apple Market, or the Cherry Market" the person was flummoxed by the question. Totally taken off guard. They then asked for a hint, Damien said it's a new roof built about 3 years ago in the city centre, still not an iota, asked for ANOTHER hint and Damien said he can't give anymore. The person then settled on the Cherry Market.

I dunno were they trying to pull his leg or what but it was absolutely hilarious to listen to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

They could have been from the west of the county and not be that familiar with the city. Or just have recently moved to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You probably think Mrs Browns Boys is hilarious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On/to/in/with?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

So a person was asked in a quiz which is the area of the city that has roof over it, the options Damien Tiernan provided were the " Red Market, The Apple Market, or the Cherry Market" the person was flummoxed by the question. Totally taken off guard. They then asked for a hint, Damien said it's a new roof built about 3 years ago in the city centre, still not an iota, asked for ANOTHER hint and Damien said he can't give anymore. The person then settled on the Cherry Market.

I dunno were they trying to pull his leg or what but it was absolutely hilarious to listen to.

It was like watching 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' last night!

The contestant left with nothing! Delighted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

lertsnim wrote: »

They were living in the city, and didn't know what apple market was. How is that NOT funny? and then asked for two hints?

• Advertisement

BBM77 wrote: »
    They could have been from the west of the county and not be that familiar with the city. Or just have recently moved to Waterford.

Had a fairly strong waterford accent and were living in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Larry Gogan's Hour phone in quiz has a long history of such moments - the answer is obvious and the person probably knows it and yet they suffer stage fright and a brain freeze.

lertsnim wrote: »

Humour is subjective, and I don't find Mrs Browns boys funny. Great smart comment from you though. Got to be the arsehole on boards making the quicky, pithy remark eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Humour is subjective, and I don't find Mrs Browns boys funny. Great smart comment from you though. Got to be the arsehole on boards making the quicky, pithy remark eh?

It was a joke, calm down. Don't let it upset you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That wan done my ****ing head in :mad::rolleyes: sounded like she was on something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Larry Gogan's Hour phone in quiz has a long history of such moments - the answer is obvious and the person probably knows it and yet they suffer stage fright and a brain freeze.

Yeah, that's what I thought.....'they didn't suit you' was the usual comforting line. Funny story from OP to be fair, pity missed it. Possibly go down as Damien's 'it was chaos billy' moment, billy had lots of those types of complaints from listeners, is it the same on DT?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That wan done my ****ing head in :mad::rolleyes: sounded like she was on something

I think that poor woman was a little bit "special". DT handled it professionally I must say. Set him up brilliantly for asking that John Hearne a few awkward questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I have WLR on in work all day, that same woman rang back on the Geoff Harris show which is on after Damien, was practically given the answer and finally got it.

Total fix id say

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

BazBox wrote: »
    I have WLR on in work all day, that same woman rang back on the Geoff Harris show which is on after Damien, was practically given the answer and finally got it.

Total fix id say

On WLR? A fix? Never!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Not being funny but I've only been to Waterford City a handful of times in my life. Cork City is a lot handier for those of us in the West.

Advertisement