Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dividend Tax In Ireland (Help)

• 06-12-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone!

I want to invest in US stocks
    I want to create a portfolio-based by dividend growth.
    I am very confused about the dividend tax in Ireland, how much should I pay tax for dividends to Revenue??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Hi, moneyguide ireland's guide to taxation is a good start...

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/tax-on-selling-shares-in-ireland.html

Ix

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OneTrueLove

Ixlandia wrote: »
    Hi, moneyguide ireland's guide to taxation is a good start...

Ix

Ok but there it’s nothing about dividend taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Dividend taxes are treated under your regular income tax bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OneTrueLove

Saudades wrote: »
    Dividend taxes are treated under your regular income tax bracket.

Thanks!

What broker did you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hello everyone!

I want to invest in US stocks
    I want to create a portfolio-based by dividend growth.
    I am very confused about the dividend tax in Ireland, how much should I pay tax for dividends to Revenue??

Thanks!

It's just regular income, so depends on what you're earning in your day job.Say you get a dividend for €500, you go to Revenue online service, and declare it. If you're earning more than €35k you'll likely be paying 40% on the dividend (so €200 tax).

I find most of the time when I log it, they just tell me they'll deduct if from next year's tax bill (reduces your credits next year.

I have one dividend stock, which generates 2 dividends a year, I log it as I recieve it, so I have the cash in case the taxman wants it immediately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement