Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker - CW (** Spoilers **)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Noooo! Not the hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts January 21st on the CW has any channel over here got it?

Mitch Pileggi is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just think Sam out hunting on his own, hard to see Jared in a different role

Never watched the original but will check this out for a bit anyway.

Nothing to do with Lindsey Morgan being in it. :pac:

• Advertisement

Matt Barr has joined as recurring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Matt Barr has joined as recurring
    Wonder what this means for Blood and Treasure season 2. They were halfway into production when they had to shut down due to Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Gave this a shot purely because of Jared but my god can they have background music any louder so you cannot hear what anyone is saying apart from that very meh, soap operay (actually I think the dialogue audio overall is terrible and as soon as someone starts speaking cue loud stupid background music - was the original show like that, too long ago for me to remember?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It wasn't bad. A bit tame maybe. I'll give it a few more.
    Noticed the sound mix a couple of times alright - the music was definitely too loud in some places.

Pretty weak pilot episode.

Disappointed there was no roundhouse kick to a bad guys head.

I probably put the sound issues down to remote working.

Never watched the original.
    This seemed like Ramirez, Texas Ranger featuring Walker's personal life.

Very strange idea to put drugs in items on sale in a shop where anyone could pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I gave the first episode a go,meh after 10 mins, I've got plenty other things to watch

Endured the second episode for 30 minutes and gave up

This is not an action series - it's full on family/blah drama

And the sound issues continue - the background foreground music is ever present. Stops and starts at weird intersections could be just a few seconds and a new track starts. It's really jarring trying to watch the show

Whoever is in charge of it should be fired along with the writers as well - this is a complete and utter mess

I'm not really sure of the point of the show - jumps all over the place, one scene find an horse, next scene horse riding down a runway and jumping into a car, next scene they're all in a bar (all happens in a few minutes) WTF??? Was there an actually storyline here - if so I missed it

Please just bring back Supernatural!

No offence to Lindsey or her character, but I doubt she could knock 3 men out that easily.
    And the guy could shoot out a tire but not a horse? Or at least scare it.

I'll give it 1 or 2 more episodes now that the mopey Walker bits are hopefully over.
    It felt like the first episode was filmed a while before the second and they got a negative reaction to the wife mystery, so decided to resolve the eye and poker chip mystery quickly so they could move on. I'm sure they'll still come up with a storyline of it being something bigger at some point.

Ok this is awful family melodrama not Walker Texas Ranger but hopefully that will be out on the back burner now after the ending this week.

I will give it one more episode and if there isn't a roundhouse kick to a bad guys head or at least some action I'm done.

I also can't take Sam seriously as a father of teens.

At least Dean moved on to The Boys where he will be a prefect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the second episode. I want to like this, but Jesus it's boring.
    Dropping it for now but I'll keep an eye here to see if it picks up.

Hope Jensen Ackles has better luck in The Boys.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tried it the weekend. I’ll stick with it for a few more, Mr PC7 gave up in middle of second one. Reckoned no Dad could be that stupid or selfish and thinking about himself so much and not a thought for the kids.
    I keep expecting Dean to ride in and it’s that Sam is under a spell, maybe too soon after Supernatural. I’ll stick with it for a few more episodes.

It's been renewed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really want to like this, really trying bit jesus it's tough to like, couple of more episodes. I don't know if Walker is supposed to be a tough guy or a softie

And I'm out.

Clareman wrote: »
    I really want to like this, really trying bit jesus it's tough to like, couple of more episodes. I don't know if Walker is supposed to be a tough guy or a softie

Good luck - be sure to report back because I can't take it anymore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They seem to be throwing everything at this, friend from wrong side of the tracks, emotional history, family bonding, etc. etc. etc.

This is going to be 1 to put at the bottom of the priority list and maybe watch when there's nothing else available.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Watching latest episode, it’s bad, can’t see me sticking with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Its not good
    And I cant really remember much from the original Walker but i don't remember him being so dumb.
    It needs way more roundhouse kicks or at least some action of some kind.

That said I don't hate it and I will give it some more time ,more as a gesture of good Faith to Big Sam than any love for this show or the original

You're a martyr to the cause

Tried it again today, this time I really can’t stick it :) so bad

Matt Barr cast in Walker: Independence pilot at CW

• Advertisement

Advertisement