Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Cartoon Ever

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Between Looney tunes and a stupid mouldy sea rock I can only assume the membership of boards are seriously boring people

Different strokes for different folks hamster, get over it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Omackeral wrote: »
    South Park took an astounding 4-0 lead
    via nothing, Zookey123, Sawduck, Also Starring LeVar Burton.

Looney Tunes clawed back to 4-1
    via Kadence Dry Rain

South Park to went to 6-1 then
    via Acheron and Akrasia

Looney Tunes then mounted a comeback and took the lead 6-7
    via SineadSpears, Purgative, Purple Tin, cdeb, Mustang Shelly, Psycho Pete

South Park went back in front 8-7
    via Necro and Breezy1985

Looney Tunes pegged it back yet again to 8-8
    via Girl Gal

At the very last minute, literally, Reberetta cast a deciding vote for....

Looney-Tunes.jpg

giphy.gif

This is not something I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My vote was for Looney Tunes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Thanks for all the work Mack.

Very enjoyable - apart from Scooby Doo loosin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I'd totally forgotten about the final tonight, just noticed a post about it at about 9.10, thought it was all over, before realising voting was still taking place, had to check who made the final and just managed to get my vote in for Looney Tunes, so delighted it won, I would have voted for Tom & Gerry in the semi final, not sure it would have made any difference. I think Looney Tunes is a worthy winner.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Between Looney tunes and a stupid mouldy sea rock I can only assume the membership of boards are seriously boring people

th?id=OIP.UViLHwtQq1g7x7-_5wmZvAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,086 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    th?id=OIP.UViLHwtQq1g7x7-_5wmZvAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bingeclock.com%2Fmemes%2Fsouth-park___should_have_respected_my_authoritay.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Great tournie Omackeral as usual

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My vote was for Looney Tunes ;)

Where would the game be without you Liz! We'd have prob ended up with Bean as the winner :(

Edit: oops sorry I thought you said your Nom was for looney tunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Great final 2 and a very worthy winner, fair play Mack on running another great tournament

So after all your hard work omackeral I think you deserve a vote too.
    What would you have wanted to win the greatest cartoon title? Would it be a cartoon that wasn't even in the tournament? A golden oldie? One of the newer 'adult cartoon's'? Or maybe even one of those ugly claymation cartoons if that's what tickles your fancy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So after all your hard work omackeral I think you deserve a vote too.
    What would you have wanted to win the greatest cartoon title? Would it be a cartoon that wasn't even in the tournament? A golden oldie? One of the newer 'adult cartoon's'? Or maybe even one of those ugly claymation cartoons if that's what tickles your fancy?

I think the Simpsons is (well was) the greatest show on TV. Not just cartoon but show in general. I've a gra for it as I grew up with it and can quote most episodes pre season 10 word for word. Recent stuff is like a completely different show.

Today my favourite animated show is South Park. It's so on the nose. I consistently laugh at it and I honestly think it's a hidden gem to some degree as many write it off as toilet humour.

It's hard to know how I'd have voted if Simpsons met South Park

Growing up I also really liked the Turtles, Hey Arnold and Doug but for me Pro Wrestling was always my favourite thing on telly.

I don't think I've ever watched an episode or show whatever its called, of wrestling. Wouldnt be my cup of tea. Think I'm too serious for it :pac:

Advertisement