Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That Cadell guy is painful. He reeks of smug and general unpleasantness.

I believe he is (or was) the music director on Today FM so it’s somewhat ironic that he feels the need to be so smug about other people’s music tastes, given the dirge that Today FM have on a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Tork

JoeA3 wrote: »

I believe he is (or was) the music director on Today FM so it’s somewhat ironic that he feels the need to be so smug about other people’s music tastes, given the dirge that Today FM have on a loop.

I'm not sure why they need a music director at all, seeing as the one playlist works for 95% of the shows and is lifted straight from Spotify.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Tork wrote: »
    I didn't hear it and was about to ask what he said. He's always cranky. He used to be quite rude to the lady who was on with him at the start. I can't remember her name but she used to present a music show on the station.

Nadine Reagan and yeah he was pretty rude to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

His whole shtick seems to be the cantakerous one who dislikes anything and everything made after 1989. Until he suddenly announces Niall Horan/Rita Ora to be a musical genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Nadine Reagan and yeah he was pretty rude to her.

Yea his behavior towards her was disgraceful, Matt will have people on talking about equality yet he will entertain an ape like cadell bully women, Nadine o regal got a bad deal off today fm in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭MattressRick

The snugness is bad enough but he comes back time after time to ram the same point down their faces when everyone else has moved on, put Nadine o Reagan in an awkward spot a few times. When you consider it's just a chat about music and not the abortion referendum, his carry on is an embarrassment.

The snugness is bad enough but he comes back time after time to ram the same point down their faces when everyone else has moved on, put Nadine o Reagan in an awkward spot a few times. When you consider it's just a chat about music and not the abortion referendum, his carry on is an embarrassment.

He reminds me of comic book guy from the simpsons

Nadine O'Regan's music show on Today FM got axed didn't it? I wonder who made that decision? Caddell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I don't think Caddell was music director when Nadine got axed. He tried to start some music blog that was crap and then suddenly he was announced as music director of Today FM. I'd say he bullied his way to that job with a bit of neck.

He's the worst type of music snob, actually aggressive in his opinions. Most people like that (maybe including myself!) grew out of that past 21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Listened back there and its not Nadine Regan, it's someone called Dee Reddy(?)... I don't think Nadine has appeared on the station at all since her own show was canned.

• Advertisement

Listened back there and its not Nadine Regan, it's someone called Dee Reddy(?)... I don't think Nadine has appeared on the station at all since her own show was canned.
    No, Nadine stopped doing the music slot when her show was axed. It has been Larissa Nolan or Dee Reddy since. He was never as horrible to them as he was to Nadine.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

Today FM's Music Director just left recently, guy called Brian Adams, was on Hotpress.

Not sure Caddel was ever in that role, he was on Phantom, and TXFM, was possibly in charge their and I think is still employed by Today FM in some role, not sure what though.

KReid wrote: »
    Today FM's Music Director just left recently, guy called Brian Adams, was on Hotpress.

Not sure Caddel was ever in that role, he was on Phantom, and TXFM, was possibly in charge their and I think is still employed by Today FM in some role, not sure what though.

Those were the best days of his life

According to his Twitter account, he is Assistant Programme & Content Director @Todayfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

I always think of John Cadell when I hear Mario doing Johnny Sexton on Gift Grub, he's such a moany teenager... "get with the programme Matt"

I don't mind him - I like that he slags Matt and vice-versa, better than always fawning all over his contributors.

I am kind of getting tired of the Culture Club on a Wednesday - maybe its cos that is where Matt does fawn all over them and they whole "inducting them into the culture club hall"...like its any great feat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

According to his Twitter account, he is Assistant Programme & Content Director @Todayfm.

So he is to blame...

We have gone two weeks without talking about wham bars

Did you ever hear such a made up title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I was wondering what the heck does that involve agree a fairly fancy job title alright. .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

In fairness to Cadell, he is smart enough to play the game.

A couple of weeks ago they spent a few minutes bashing the new Green Day record. Both contributors did.

Next up was the review of the album by Sam Smith. Both of them were scared to criticise it in case they were accused of something so they just stayed quiet and moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    In fairness to Cadell, he is smart enough to play the game.

A couple of weeks ago they spent a few minutes bashing the new Green Day record. Both contributors did.

Next up was the review of the album by Sam Smith. Both of them were scared to criticise it in case they were accused of something so they just stayed quiet and moved on.

FFS. :rolleyes:

People can't criticise something even if they feel it's shoyte as they're too afraid the "insert random card" will be played?

I couldn't care less if Sam Smyth is "whatever". I think he has an absolutely amazing voice, but I only like one of his songs. I particularly dislike his cover of "I Feel Love" as that is one of my all time favorite tracks and I don't think anyone can better Moroder's synths or Donna Summer's vocals. I'm probably homophobic now. I'll go to the naughty corner and read the collective works of Woke McDermott and Jennifer Gannon to enlighten my thinking.

• Advertisement

Remember matty used sit on a bouncy ball and one day he farted on air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is Nick Ferrari still appearing on the last word.

Is Nick Ferrari still appearing on the last word.
    Oh he hasn't been on in ages - I kinda miss him. He is good.

robo wrote: »
    Oh he hasn't been on in ages - I kinda miss him. He is good.

Didn’t matt and him have a falling out?
    Remember he used to have that broken record kimmage on Monday doing sport what the eff was that all about?

Remember he used to have that broken record kimmage on Monday doing sport what the eff was that all about?

What did Matt have a falling out with Nick over - please remind me?

Oh Kimmage is taking a stand in solidarity with the Irish Times journos that DO'B won't allow on Newstalk & TodayFM - so he's not going on either station until the ban is lifted.
    Wonder if the presenters on TLW and OTB miss him much :rolleyes:

Initially I did like Kimmage - he was interesting & then he just became a parody of Mario Rosenstock's character of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Oh Kimmage is taking a stand in solidarity with the Irish Times journos that DO'B won't allow on Newstalk & TodayFM - so he's not going on either station until the ban is lifted.

Initially I did like Kimmage - he was interesting & then he just became a parody of Mario Rosenstock's character of him!

DOB has banned a number of journalists from his media outlets over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Ferrari was on yesterday evening speaking about brexit

Maybe they are mates again but I believe matty took umbrage to something nick said about his wife in jest

Kimmage is a broken record a real hateful individual out to stir trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Maybe they are mates again but I believe matty took umbrage to something nick said about his wife in jest

Kimmage is a broken record a real hateful individual out to stir trouble

I like Kimmage, but that other dose that used to be on, can't think of his name, lives in Brazil. A real pain in the hole/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cadell not doing music review this week.

Advertisement