Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Anne's Park Par 3

Options
  • 29-11-2020 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hope this is the right place, but has anyone any info on the golf course in st Anne's Park? Ive seen it referred to as both a par 3 course and as a pitch and putt course? Is it just a standard enough p&p course that has holes less than 70m or are there a few longer holes? Anyone that has any info would be great, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭willabur

Hi,
    Hope this is the right place, but has anyone any info on the golf course in st Anne's Park? Ive seen it referred to as both a par 3 course and as a pitch and putt course? Is it just a standard enough p&p course that has holes less than 70m or are there a few longer holes? Anyone that has any info would be great, thanks
    It's a par three. Made mistake of only bringing a 56 degree wedge. Only a handful of holes need more than that to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

willabur wrote: »
    It's a par three. Made mistake of only bringing a 56 degree wedge. Only a handful of holes need more than that to be fair

thanks for that, i'll have to bring another wedge or iron to keep me covered so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭willabur

that's a different course though i think? the last post on their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/stannesparkgolf/posts/158375762442534 says they should be open after lockdown ends

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is a lovely set up - but the last few times I was there , the condition was not the best. This was even before Covid. Grass was too long, greens had seen better days.

I'm not sure who is running it, I think Dublin City Council parks. But over the last 20 - 30 years or so - public operation of golfing facilities has slowly been withdrawn.

But is still there I guess. I can understand it not being maintained too well - there is just so much to do in St Anne's park from a maintenance perspective.

• Advertisement

Yes this is a different spot - but is the sort of example where there has been a general degrading of pitch and putt and par 3 in the city. Imagine Deer Park probably another one on way out or gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Green keeper from tolka valley is moving up there this week, he is a lovely dedicated man so should see a big improvement in the coming weeks.

Council look after the course, target golf based in manyooth look after the club house and rentals etc sound bunch of lads.

Hoping to play as much as i can over the x-mas

Green keeper from tolka valley is moving up there this week, he is a lovely dedicated man so should see a big improvement in the coming weeks.

Council look after the course, target golf based in manyooth look after the club house and rentals etc sound bunch of lads.

Hoping to play as much as i can over the x-mas

Would be a fantastic facility and busy - if a bit of effort put in. There is not that many options around.

Good to hear.

Thanks for the help, ended up playing a round at a full course when I was around over Christmas, might play the par 3 in either st.Anne's or malahide if we ever get back to some bit of normality

Advertisement