Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Echo the above. A terrible shame to see him a shadow of the player he was. He was the most naturally gifted played I’ve seen, so effortless as his best. Thought him and MVG were going to have a massive rivalry for 20 years but it hasn’t panned out that way at all.

Hard to see him coming back to his former glory but I’ll always live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

He was beaten by Gabriel Clemens in the first round of PC#19 yesterday
    Looked like a decent game, both averaging 97

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heard Justin Pipe has qualified

Christ imagine him in an empty arena

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Here are the current standings in the race to qualify for the Worlds.

https://www.dartsrankings.com/wch

There's a few big players in there that currently are not qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Heard Justin Pipe has qualified

Christ imagine him in an empty arena

At least we’ll hear him coughing...:)

TbL

• Advertisement

Less than a month away from the start of this

Reckon there still deciding on dates and venue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Less than a month away from the start of this

Reckon there still deciding on dates and venue

Well, the dates are decided as it stands. Starting 18th Dec, ending 4th Jan.

Hard to see them moving it. If they do they need to act very soon you would think. From a selfish perspective if they could move it and have a crowd it'd probably be good from the viewpoint of a TV viewer.

Degag wrote: »
    Well, the dates are decided as it stands. Starting 18th Dec, ending 4th Jan.

Hard to see them moving it. If they do they need to act very soon you would think. From a selfish perspective if they could move it and have a crowd it'd probably be good from the viewpoint of a TV viewer.

ill be an avid viewer no matter where its on. Its not christmas without the darts :D:D

More than likely it will be an empty Ally Pally, the amount of hassle with travel could be a factor if it was moved too Germany or somewhere. Players potentially rushing home on christmas eve and then returning for the 27th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I assume it'll be played on the same dates but with no crowd. Can't see them using Ally pally, probably Milton Keynes or wherever they had the matchplay

Supposedly an announcement tomorrow on the Worlds this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

El Sueño wrote: »
    I assume it'll be played on the same dates but with no crowd. Can't see them using Ally pally, probably Milton Keynes or wherever they had the matchplay

The PDC chairman Matt Porter said a few weeks ago it will be at ally pally with or without the crowds. I can't see how they would create a covid free bubble at ally pally though.

Supposedly an announcement tomorrow on the Worlds this year.

Any word on this ?

Wrong thread, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

mdwexford wrote: »
    Echo the above. A terrible shame to see him a shadow of the player he was. He was the most naturally gifted played I’ve seen, so effortless as his best. Thought him and MVG were going to have a massive rivalry for 20 years but it hasn’t panned out that way at all.

Hard to see him coming back to his former glory but I’ll always live in hope.[/QUOTE

He was somewhat fortunate in that he avoided Taylor in 2011/12.

I heard from a friend who attended one of his exhibitions that he could barely stand up from so much booze.

He enjoyed himself a bit too much I'd say and relied on his talent more so than any hard work.

He's had nearly 15 years at the top though. Long term careers in darts are much shorter than what they once were. Even MVG is slowing down after just over a decade or so.

There is a huge change from pre-2000. So much money, tournaments and yoof players (tm Rod Harrington). There won't be as many veterans playing for 20+ years a la Lowe, Bristow, Taylor, Beaton, Barney, Adams in the years ahead.

15th December to 3rd January have been confirmed as the dates

It'll be in Alexandra Palace and they're exploring the possibility of having some fans in attendance

El Sueño wrote: »
    15th December to 3rd January have been confirmed as the dates

It'll be in Alexandra Palace and they're exploring the possibility of having some fans in attendance

Did they mention something on the GSOD coverage about it? Can't see anything online about it yet - i.e. dates still the 18th - 4th.

Strange to see it start on a Tuesday although the final on a Sunday night vs a Monday is better.

Did they mention something on the GSOD coverage about it? Can't see anything online about it yet - i.e. dates still the 18th - 4th.

Strange to see it start on a Tuesday although the final on a Sunday night vs a Monday is better.

Yup they had it on the coverage there about 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/11/23/202021-william-hill-world-championship-dates-confirmed

Christmas will officially begin on the 15th December

Looking forward to this

What can the Ally Pally hold? I have it in my head it's about 4000 but maybe it's only half that.

Looking at the UK's "Tier" System it could hold a max of 2000 people or 50% of capacity in Tier 1 or 1000 people or 50% of capacity in Tier 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

What can the Ally Pally hold? I have it in my head it's about 4000 but maybe it's only half that.

Looking at the UK's "Tier" System it could hold a max of 2000 people or 50% of capacity in Tier 1 or 1000 people or 50% of capacity in Tier 2.

over 10 thousand.

bassy wrote: »
    over 10 thousand.

Is it? Didn't realise it was that many.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

over 10 thousand.

That's the bigger hall where all the food trucks/bar etc is for the darts.

The darts hall holds around 2,500.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's the bigger hall where all the food trucks/bar etc is for the darts.

The darts hall holds around 2,500.

my mistake so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Draw is on Thursday. Not sure what time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tickets on sale in the morning. 1000 fans per session is half capacity . Probably be a lot of restrictions like no beer or no chanting ?

US2 wrote: »
    Tickets on sale in the morning. 1000 fans per session is half capacity . Probably be a lot of restrictions like no beer or no chanting ?

why no chanting??.

oh i bet the will sell drink as the will make money from that.

• Advertisement

why no chanting??.

oh i bet the will sell drink as the will make money from that.

Same reason you can't have the volume up on a TV or live music in a pub. Shouting spreads covid I think

Advertisement