Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Christmas Lights (mistake)

Options
  • 29-11-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've just realised I made a big mistake when putting away my decorations after last Christmas. I have several sets of lights that I hang indoors and outdoors. I usually wrap them around a thick piece of cardboard and write whether they're internal or external on the card. Last year, I changed all of the cardboard but somehow neglected to write the type down.

So now I have 6 sets of lights and no idea if they're safe for outdoor use. Is it possible to tell from the set whether they're suitable for external use or not? I really don't want to blow a fuse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

corblimey wrote: »
    I've just realised I made a big mistake when putting away my decorations after last Christmas. I have several sets of lights that I hang indoors and outdoors. I usually wrap them around a thick piece of cardboard and write whether they're internal or external on the card. Last year, I changed all of the cardboard but somehow neglected to write the type down.

So now I have 6 sets of lights and no idea if they're safe for outdoor use. Is it possible to tell from the set whether they're suitable for external use or not? I really don't want to blow a fuse.

Do they not have a label on the cord near the plug stating if they are indoor or outdoor use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Do they not have a label on the cord near the plug stating if they are indoor or outdoor use?

Thankyou! Never even occurred to me check the label -- none of them have plugs as it's detachable on all sets, but enough of them have labels stating outdoor and indoor use that I think I can make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,221 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

corblimey wrote: »
    Thankyou! Never even occurred to me check the label -- none of them have plugs as it's detachable on all sets, but enough of them have labels stating outdoor and indoor use that I think I can make it work.

Lots of lights now are suitable for both but that probably doesn't help.

Advertisement