Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whiskey Miniatures

• 28-11-2020 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

So I'm doing up a Whiskey Hamper for the Father-in-Law and want to but so miniatures for it.

The plan is as part of it to have 10 different whiskey for him to try, I've tried off licences, Tesco etc but cant find anywhere selling miniatures, I have found a site in Spain that will do them but I'd prefer to shop Irish.

Any help please

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,194 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's a few miniature sets you can pick up that contain different varities from the same company

* Midleton pot still set containing Barry Crockett (rrp €250), Red Breast, Powers John Lane and one of the Spots
    * Celtic Whiskey Shop have a miniature set for Knappogue Castle of their 12, 14, 16 year old
    * Teelings do a 'Trinity' set with 3 of their whiskies
    * There is a Cooley \ Kilbeggan set with basic Kilbeggan, Tyrconnel, Kilbeggan single Grain and Connemara
    * I have seen a Bushmills set in Dunnes with Bushmills white and Black Bush
    * There's a Jameson set knocking around with 4 different varities in it
    * Supervalu and other offies should sell 'baby' Powers but they won't be on the shelves, usually behind the shelf or under the counter of the manned service \ offie desk

Dunnes and Supervalu stock the Midleton set, have seen the Cooley set in ALDI and offies, and Teelings set in offies.

Via Drops from the Sky or Dick Macks website you can order 50 ml miniatures from the whiskies they stocked in their bars pre-lockdown, but they don't come in branded bottles.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,194 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The James Fox website have a range of miniatures and most of the sets I have listed above for sale.

Additionally, they have sets for Fercullen (Powerscourt), West Cork Distillers and Writers Tears.

https://jamesfox.ie/whiskey/irish-whiskey.html?product_list_order=price

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Celtic Whiskey Shop used to have a wall full of miniatures. Not sure if it's still there though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    Celtic Whiskey Shop used to have a wall full of miniatures. Not sure if it's still there though.
    It is.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

irish_goat wrote: »

It is. I was in there the other day.

You can also do as I've done for my wedding. Ordered 36 50ml bottles and out together a selection of the nicer whiskeys I own for friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,158 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bradley's in Cork have loads of miniatures.
    I'd say most good offies do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

thanks folks few options there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The Whiskey Exchange have loads on their website.

Advertisement