Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash gift for Nephews

Options
  • 27-11-2020 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭

How much is the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would say somewhere between €20 and €50 depending on how many you have and what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I give mine €30

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

I only have 3, all siblings. I give them 20 each. That way there are no arguments.

The eldest babysits the odd time so I'll give her something extra then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Usually get my sister to get them both stuff to around the €30/35 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

30 for them, 50 for godchildren, but i tend to guve them one for all cards instead if cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Iodine1

screamer wrote: »
    30 for them, 50 for godchildren, but i tend to guve them one for all cards instead if cash.

Whatever you give, go cash. One for all pain in the hole. Can't spend in most local shops. Bike shop wanted to charge €10 to take €100 card! And by the time you find someone to take it....they are taking a fee every month of the unused balance. Give them cash they can save some and spend some anywhere they wish.

Advertisement