Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Morzadec wrote: »
    for example Vardy tends to often overperform his xG (so a low xG maybe should be taken with a pinch of salt). Whereas let's say Firmino and Jesus have underperformed quite badly the last 3 seasons so a high xG for them shouldn't neccessarily have us rushing to get them

Vardy = Good striker
    Firmino/Jesus (especially the latter) = Bad strikers.

For me I find shot to goal ratio important, shot location important, touches in the opponent’s box important and also passes to teammates in the opponent’s box.

All of the above are important for Fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Anyone thinking of triple captaining Vardy this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

1 week punt before WC.

Podence > Mahrez

or

Kane > Jesus?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This will be an interesting week for a Captain Thread. No outstanding candidate (at least among the highly owned players)

Vardy, DCL and Salah will be the standout captains I'm sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

eurokev wrote: »

I'll save that for a sure fire Salah/ Son / Kane Fulham game I think.

Vardy is a great captain choice but it has the potential to backfire moreso than other option over the season. I'd hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

eurokev wrote: »

Warning: triple captaining a player who is expected to score at least a goal or two .... sometimes doesn't work !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've 3 options for this week
    1 Salah capt , foden , rashford and bank transfer
    2 Salah capt, Jota, rashford would be selling foden for Jota.
    3 salah, foden and sterling capt would be selling rashford for sterling.
    I'm. 1 short on rashford to Kdb.
    Any opinions.

I think you have to expect Foden to be benched at this stage despite his good champions league form. Jota is an upgrade anyway even if he does start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Crap. Does seem like Zaha still unavailable :(

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1331954078348419074

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Crap. Does seem like Zaha still unavailable :(

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1331954078348419074

I've posted this in the dedicated injuries and suspensions thread already. Try and keep injury and suspension related news for there in future man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Digne out means nkounkou is a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I've posted this in the dedicated injuries and suspensions thread already. Try and keep injury and suspension related news for there in future man.

No harm it being in this thread as could affect transfers. Glad it was put in here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Digne out means nkounkou is a punt?

Mitchell been sat on my bench could be a nice route to replace him especially with Everton's next 2 games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Torn on what to do myself. Might take a -4 hit and do a double swap.

Option 1
    Take a -4 hit and bring in Bamford for Kane, and Sterling/KDB for Saint Maxim. I'd bring in Salah, but am .2 short

Option 2
    No -4 hit, leave Kane in and bring in Jota for Saint Maxim

Not sure i see Kane scoring many in the next few weeks, but he's usually good for assists. So might be worth holding him, and maybe swap him out for Salah next week. Already have Vardy and DCL, so should be sorted up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Crunch time.

Son to KDB (and captain KDB or Bruno) (Could end up captaining KDB 2 games in a row, vs Burnley and then Fulham. Rumour has it Pope is injured so KDB appeal rises....)

or

Kane to Vardy (and captain Vardy or Bruno)

or

Zaha to Ziyech, then next GW get in KDB for Bruno and captain KDB v Fulham?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was sick of overthinking it so went with the below for a minus 4

Dallas to cancelo
    Hamez to Kdb
    Kane to Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Vardy's xG isnt actually that bad at the moment, even excluding penalties.

Bamford remains the stand out in xG though he has a huge number of shots generally compared to everyone else.

Firmino is unusually high for him at the moment too.

Kane's has plummeted when you exclude penalties. Him and Son both. Could be because of a more defensive approach from Mourinho.

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Was sick of overthinking it so went with the below for a minus 4

Dallas to cancelo
    Hamez to Kdb
    Kane to Watkins

I'm looking to bring in Dallas on a WC. Why are you binning him?

I appreciated it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I'm looking to bring in Dallas on a WC. Why are you binning him?

No specific reason tbh. I wanted a city defender for their run and it was a choice between Dallas and KWP. I think KWP is good for some more clean sheets and bonus points than Dallas.
    Although Dallas can be played out of position in midfield and get some attacking returns I don’t think they will be significant. I’m happy to just have Bamford from Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

dsmythy wrote: »
    Vardy's xG isnt actually that bad at the moment, even excluding penalties.

Bamford remains the stand out in xG though he has a huge number of shots generally compared to everyone else.

Firmino is unusually high for him at the moment too.

Kane's has plummeted when you exclude penalties. Him and Son both. Could be because of a more defensive approach from Mourinho.

I'd imagine Bamford consistently underperformed on XG most years, he's always seemed to miss a huge number of chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

siblers wrote: »
    Bit surprised by this. Mahrez has been awful. He has blanked every gw apart from gw2. Although he didn't play in 3 gws to be fair

You could make exactly the same argument against getting Sterling or KDB.

Who knows whether City will do anything? Maybe their assets will continue to be worthless and Mahrez owners will just have wasted 3m less learning that

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

ok so doing woeful in league and need to catch up on points, using free hit,, and suggestions from the below

Guaita (New Castle)

Berlini (v Wolves)
    Furlong (v Sheffield U)
    Kyle Walker (v Burnely)

Bruno Fer. (South Ham)
    Jota (v Brighton)
    Kdb (burnley)
    ziyech (tottenham)

Richardson (leeds)
    DCL (leeds)
    Vardy (c) (fulham)

any suggestions please shout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have gone with Werner to Vardy. Tempted to go Fernandes to Sterling for hit but could wait another week

Panic purchased.... Kane to vardy for a hit....I still have Jorginho and zaha in my team which doesn’t inspire confidence in hitting decent points (I think zaha might feature on Friday)

Panic purchased.... Kane to vardy for a hit....I still have Jorginho and zaha in my team which doesn’t inspire confidence in hitting decent points (I think zaha might feature on Friday)

Zaha is definitely out on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,913 ✭✭✭✭CSF

laurah591 wrote: »
    ok so doing woeful in league and need to catch up on points, using free hit,, and suggestions from the below

Guaita (New Castle)

Berlini (v Wolves)
    Furlong (v Sheffield U)
    Kyle Walker (v Burnely)

Bruno Fer. (South Ham)
    Jota (v Brighton)
    Kdb (burnley)
    ziyech (tottenham)

Richardson (leeds)
    DCL (leeds)
    Vardy (c) (fulham)

any suggestions please shout
    I think you could look at upgrading Ziyech to Sterling with the fixture that is in it, and you on the Free Hit. Looking at the team you have there it feels like there would be more money left in the bank or on the bench and the likes of Bellerin or Richarlison could be downgraded to cheaper options to make up whatever else you need.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Zaha is definitely out on Friday.

Yeah, he won't be tested again until Saturday, he sits on the bench and I hope he doesn't drop further in value, my make or break game is Chelsea/spurs ... I sold Kane for vardy and have 2 Chelsea defenders ... So that game will decide if I do well this week or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kane to Vardy (to cover it) Vardy on pens has hatrick potential and don't want to get left behind

Might try bring in Foden-4 too for Kliich

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy (to cover it) Vardy on pens has hatrick potential and don't want to get left behind

Might try bring in Foden-4 too for Kliich

I've already done Son & Zaha >> KDB & Jota

Have serious Vardy fear and contemplating another -4 to get Kane out. Think I'll hold, seems too kneejerky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I won't be ripping my team up for it, but Vardy as a captain on a Monday Night Football against the worst defence in the league is definitely attractive

Advertisement