Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The range cancelled my christmas tree pathfinder order for collection. But there's 5 in stock on the website so I ordered again. We'll see lol
    Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I had a book I had ordered from Easons cancelled but it showed available online, ordered again but alas it was cancelled again.
    Ugh, that's frustrating. I hope you get it this time, mirrorwall!

I ordered two items from Amazon late on Sunday evening, and they both arrived Tuesday afternoon.
    I have a BT click-and-collect item from the same day still 'awaiting pick' after 3 days, and my Arnotts click-and-collect a fortnight ago took a week and a half to be ready.

I'm all for supporting Irish retail, but they are really going to lose out when the likes of Amazon Prime can get the delivery to my house/workplace within 48 hours from ordering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I had a book I had ordered from Easons cancelled but it showed available online, ordered again but alas it was cancelled again.

Yeah it probably will. But in protest at the crapness of this I’m going to order one a day until the 5 they say are in stock are gone... lol

Got my first tastes of Christmas today. Put up fairy lights in the back garden on the fence for the first time. The indoor set I planned on using got robbed by the kiddos for their lair under the stairs at the back of my cupboard!’

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We’re into the Twenties!!

I'm seriously freaked out here!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah it probably will. But in protest at the crapness of this I’m going to order one a day until the 5 they say are in stock are gone... lol

Got my first tastes of Christmas today. Put up fairy lights in the back garden on the fence for the first time. The indoor set I planned on using got robbed by the kiddos for their lair under the stairs at the back of my cupboard!’

I have no idea why but that picture of the garden fence/back garden stuck a chord made me homesick. It's weird as it nothing like my home back garden, though its similar to my cousins in Maynooth.

I went for a run last night and there are some serious outdoor light displays in my neighborhood. I will go for a walk and take some snaps some evening.

We are taking out all the decorations tonight and having a pal over. Then tomorrow we are having a kind of thanks giving, a Christmas dry run with turkey and ham etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

How did that even happen??! I think I love the run up more, and start to panic a little the closer it gets in case it all passes me by!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    I'm seriously freaked out here!! :eek:

Christmas needs to 'slow its roll', as my nephew would say.

Sometimes I feel well organised and others like I have tons to do and time is running out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Christmas magazine in today's Irish Times. Just spotted it on Twitter, I'm still in bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Caranica wrote: »
    I'm still in bed :D

Stay there, it's freezing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

I bought the Christmas special of Ireland's Own for my Mam yesterday. She gets it every year.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have a problem with this thread on the touch site? Showing new posts but the last one on touch is an hour ago. If I go into full site I can see the new posts but it's fiddly, still take a few more posts until the new page shows up for me on touch.

Happens with one other megathread too. Posted about it in help desk before but no fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

DenMan wrote: »
    I bought the Christmas special of Ireland's Own for my Mam yesterday. She gets it every year.

I didn't realise that was out already. My parents get it every year too, so I must get it for them during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone see any websites doing personalised Christmas stockings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Lashes28 wrote: »

Happened to see this - I don't know anything about company
    https://www.yoursurprise.ie/textile-photo-gifts/christmas-stocking?artikelcode=156002

and another
    https://www.christmasstockings.ie/christmas-stockings-and-santa-sacks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lashes28 wrote: »

Wowwee.ie
    Do lovely personalised stockings

When are the shops opening as normal is it the 1st or 2nd?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it's the 2nd but I could be very wrong. It's hard to keep track of all these lockdown and rules.

Loughc wrote: »
    I think it's the 2nd but I could be very wrong. It's hard to keep track of all these lockdown and rules.

I do as well but I’ve seen shops advertise both days. It can be a tad confusing.

I've got salon appointments for the 1st so I'm hoping it's the first

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I was told in work that our shop would be opening Wednesday 2nd. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Does anyone know if the cancer society does cards in store or even tshirts? Can't see them online

My family isn't doing presents this year we're just gonna do charity

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Does anyone know if the cancer society does cards in store or even tshirts? Can't see them online

Have seen pre packed ones in Dunnes...plus some other charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

https://www.charitycardsireland.ie/charity/Irish-16.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have no idea why but that picture of the garden fence/back garden stuck a chord made me homesick. It's weird as it nothing like my home back garden, though its similar to my cousins in Maynooth.

I went for a run last night and there are some serious outdoor light displays in my neighborhood. I will go for a walk and take some snaps some evening.

We are taking out all the decorations tonight and having a pal over. Then tomorrow we are having a kind of thanks giving, a Christmas dry run with turkey and ham etc.

Sorry I made you homesick. Funnily enough I’m north Kildare too though not Maynooth. Went to college there so many happy memories of their estates

Fili 'Merry Christmas' prosecco! Kd1ydKg.png?1

20181204_111818.jpg?w=176&zoom=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Posy wrote: »
    Fili 'Merry Christmas' prosecco! Kd1ydKg.png?1

20181204_111818.jpg?w=176&zoom=2

What shop is this in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

What shop is this in? :)

Looks like dunnes