Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Olight i1R 2 EOS

• 24-11-2020 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Share via Facebook or email and a free i1R 2 keychain light will be added to your basket when the sale starts (20:00 25/11 - 23:59 30/11)

Shipping is £4.95 if I remember from the last time this offer was on.

https://www.olightstore.uk/sharegift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kil

SEORG wrote: »
    Share via Facebook or email and a free i1R 2 keychain light will be added to your basket when the sale starts (20:00 25/11 - 23:59 30/11)

Shipping is £4.95 if I remember from the last time this offer was on.

https://www.olightstore.uk/sharegift

I was only looking at the one I got last year when sitting in the car this evening and thinking it was great to have and solidly made. Would recommend these 100%, really handy and sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Already have 2, will be ordering another tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Definitely take advantage of this offer. I did the last time and one of the best bargains I found on here. Sturdy, serious light from it and a long lasting battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Share what exactly?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sneachta wrote: »
    Share what exactly?

Click the link in the OP and have a read.

I also 100% endorse this product.
    I have one in my key ring and it's incredibly useful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

You don't have to actually share anything. Just click on the email button and wait a few seconds.

They are great lights though so do spread the word :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Another satisfied customer here...brilliant handy little torch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got my first Olight from a BA here.
    Now have about 6!

Use them for work and find them invaluable.

I'll get my 2nd for my house keys. Will be handy if I drop my car keys (which have an olight on them) :D

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SEORG

This has gone live early, my shopping basket had the light in there today and I was able to complete the order.

Received a confirmation text from DPD also.

• Advertisement

SEORG wrote: »
    This has gone live early, my shopping basket had the light in there today and I was able to complete the order.

Received a confirmation text from DPD also.

Silver & above customers get early access from 10pm on the 22nd according to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SEORG

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Silver & above customers get early access from 10pm on the 22nd according to the website.

I registered a new account to check & both have been processed now. I've never actually purchased anything from their site.

I tried with my existing account & it said it would be added to my cart tonight at 8pm.

I can wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Excellent, I love the one I got last time!
    And you aren't even really spamming your friends by sharing because this is genuinely a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we get to play the 'what colour did you get?' game again

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

FOr new users just log in via incognito mode or a different browser after registering and it will add it to the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm not on Facebook so will that stop me getting it?

muffler wrote: »
    I'm not on Facebook so will that stop me getting it?

No, Just click the email button, wait a few seconds and it will tell the light will be in your basket at 8pm. You don't have to actually send an email.

I just went into my account now and it was in my basket. Paid the £4.95 and have the confirmation email.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Skerries wrote: »
    we get to play the 'what colour did you get?' game again
    I did this about 10 days ago.... and received a black one!

An upgrade on my green from last time. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Any suggestions for a torch from them that is similar to the i1r 2 and doesn't use batteries, their website is not great to navigate. I have the i1r 2 but it only lasts about 30 mins at full brightness, which is great but I use mine walking the dogs late in the woods so something that is a next step up would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

30 minutes is good as I think it is only rated for 15
    another size up would be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

stesaurus wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a torch from them that is similar to the i1r 2 and doesn't use batteries, their website is not great to navigate. I have the i1r 2 but it only lasts about 30 mins at full brightness, which is great but I use mine walking the dogs late in the woods so something that is a next step up would be ideal.

I carry one as back up but it's not good enough as a main torch. I use an older version of an Olight S2 walking our dog for about an hour mostly in darkness. Will do 19 hrs on medium which is bright enough most of the time and 4 on high.

The newest S2R version is rechargeable. On sale this evening for £39 It's pricey but walking on country roads I want a reliable bright torch with good runtime. You can get cheaper 18650 torches but the cheapest ones need a separate charger. This one on amazon isn't bad for a budget brand. Won't be as well made or finished as the Olight but still ok.

Personally I'm tempted to upgrade and get one of their 21700 lights. The S2 has very good wide flood beam but doesn't throw very far. Would like a light that is a bit more a combination of both.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I got this pair of torches on Amazon for dog walking at night.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QBNKMPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Seem to last pretty long on one charge.

Says they're not available, but I know there's very similar specced torches that are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Tandey

stesaurus wrote: »

How long are your walks? Get another one if it’s 1hr walks 2 more if it’s 1:30 etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So its £5 for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    So its £5 for delivery?

Was thinking the same, id say the torch is really only worth €5, no way its worth 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone not have it added? I actually shared it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone not have it added? I actually shared it too!
    Shared too, not added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same, id say the torch is really only worth €5, no way its worth 20 euro.

Don’t confuse this torch with €5 dealz torches or any over the counter torch from
    Your local shops here. They really are on another level.

And I know that sounds silly for a torch.

I use mine checking vertical concrete shafts on building sites. The smallest torch is brighter than most of the builders torches that walk around with me.

Advertisement