Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Back Better

Options
  • 24-11-2020 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

What do people think about more and more world leaders using the slogan 'Build Back Better'? Johnson, Biden, Trudeau, the Head of WHO, to name but a few. No sooner had the pandemic been declared than did almost every world leader start talking about a "new normal". And now they're going to build back better it seems. Do you think it's just a coincidence that they're (once again) all saying the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Fodla wrote: »
    What do people think about more and more world leaders using the slogan 'Build Back Better'? Johnson, Biden, Trudeau, the Head of WHO, to name but a few. No sooner had the pandemic been declared than did almost every world leader start talking about a "new normal". And now they're going to build back better it seems. Do you think it's just a coincidence that they're (once again) all saying the same thing?
    Yes. It's a catchy alliterative slogan that states the obvious fact that there needs to be recovery from the effects of the pandemic with vague promises of improvement.
    I think conspiracy theorists like to take phrases like this and twist them and add sinister connotations to them that they can't really explain or substantiate.

It is most likely a coincidence.
    What other explanation is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

King Mob wrote: »
    Yes. It's a catchy alliterative slogan that states the obvious fact that there needs to be recovery from the effects of the pandemic with vague promises of improvement.
    I think conspiracy theorists like to take phrases like this and twist them and add sinister connotations to them that they can't really explain or substantiate.

It is most likely a coincidence.
    What other explanation is there?

The other explanation that has been put forward (see recent articles about Trudeau calling for a "reset") is that they're following a script.

The other explanation that has been put forward (see recent articles about Trudeau calling for a "reset") is that they're following a script.
    Ok.
    That's a bit silly.
    What evidence is there for this "script"?
    Who exactly wrote it and why would all these disperate world leaders follow it?

Why is that more likely than the obvious, simple non-conspiracy explanation?

Do you also subscribe to the notion of a "New World Order" which is based on pretty much the same logic?

Ok.
    That's a bit silly.
    What evidence is there for this "script"?
    Who exactly wrote it and why would all these disperate world leaders follow it?

Why is that more likely than the obvious, simple non-conspiracy explanation?

Do you also subscribe to the notion of a "New World Order" which is based on pretty much the same logic?

I agree that it's a bit silly, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that they're following a script. "New normal", "dark winter" and now "build back better". The evidence is that it's not just "build back better" that they're saying. If it was just that I could dismiss it as a coincidence. But the use of "new normal", "dark winter", and "build back better" suggests that they're following a script.

Who wrote it? It could be suggested, quite reasonably, in my opinion, considering how prominent they have been throughout all of this, that the WEF and Klaus Schwab wrote the script.

I believe that the purpose of the Great Reset is to overthrow democracy and national governments and replace them with a global government. So I guess that'd be the New World Order conspiracy theory come to pass.

I agree that it's a bit silly, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that they're following a script. "New normal", "dark winter" and now "build back better". The evidence is that it's not just "build back better" that they're saying. If it was just that I could dismiss it as a coincidence. But the use of "new normal", "dark winter", and "build back better" suggests that they're following a script.
    But these are obvious common phrases. There's nothing at all to suggest they're part of a script.
    It's a silly conclusion to reach based on that alone.

And as you've agreed you've no evidence beyond the fact they used some of the same phrases.

It's coincidence. Conspiracy theorists however have a habit of taking coincidence and dreaming up mad plots and scenarios based on pretty much nothing to explain them.
    Who wrote it? It could be suggested, quite reasonably, in my opinion, considering how prominent they have been throughout all of this, that the WEF and Klaus Schwab wrote the script.
    That is not a reasonable conclusion. It's a very wild and bizarre conclusion with no basis in fact.

Have you a copy of the script written by this Klaus fellow? Did he give it to everyone? Or did he just tell them to use certain phrases?
    I believe that the purpose of the Great Reset is to overthrow democracy and national governments and replace them with a global government. So I guess that'd be the New World Order conspiracy theory come to pass.
    Again, this is a bizarre and frankly paranoid conclusion to jump to based on a coincidence.

If the options are
    A) Politicians used catchy stock phrases in generic speeches
    or
    B) It's part of a giant global decades long conspiracy that was only found out because they used these phrases...

Which is more likely.

Rational people would pretty quickly agree it's A.

• Advertisement

It would have to be very, very coincidental that they're all calling for a 'reset', referring to the pandemic as a "window of opportunity", all using the Build Back Better slogan, and all meeting in January once again to discuss it with Klaus Schwab (unelected "mastermind" of this 'Great Reset'/4th Industrial Revolution nonsense, who also constantly uses the phrases mentioned above).

Would be naive to think they're not all going off the same script. Trudeau, for example, is obviously a very weak politician. I think even most Canadians are aware at this stage that he's a complete puppet.

The question is what what will materialize from this upcoming Great Reset/Davos meeting. The Great Reset has been a dream of Schwab's for years. He wrote a s*tty book on it before the pandemic. He seems to particularly admire the Chinese system of governance; which, of course, is something we should be 100% avoiding here in the West.

Search it up on other forums, YouTube, Twitter etc. Everyone is unanimously suspicious and against the notion of The Great Reset. You'll probably get one or two on here telling you it's nothing, but they'd be in the minority. Research and make up your own mind.

25310006_b2625e9b26e9e512c5d776dc55d9dbe4_1280re0.jpg

Biden-WEF-KLaus.jpg?resize=690%2C460

1280px-Flickr_-_World_Economic_Forum_-_Wen_Jiabao%2C_Klaus_Schwab_-_Annual_Meeting_of_the_New_Champions_Tianjin_2008_(1).jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,068 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Apophenia

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Apophenia

Lol, yeah, sure. It's all just extremely coincidental :pac:

You can imagine them all meeting up: "You guys were using the exact same slogan and phrases as us?! No way!" :pac:

Search it up on other forums, YouTube, Twitter etc. Everyone is unanimously suspicious and against the notion of The Great Reset. You'll probably get one or two on here telling you it's nothing, but they'd be in the minority. Research and make up your own mind.
    No. It's not unanimously suspicious, it's only suspicious to those who are they types who'd buy into ridiculous conspiracy theories and those who sell stuff to them.

People shouldn't do research on youtube and twitter. They should do actual research.
    Especially if they aren't great on the old critical thinking.

Lol, yeah, sure. It's all just extremely coincidental :pac:

Not at all.

Everyone from governments, global business's, national business, communities, social groups, households and individuals are considering how to better themselves after this covid crisis, and how to come out of the crisis into a better world.

Its the conspiracy theory headballs that think there is some kind of master scripted plan behind all this.

That's pure apophenia.

You're appointing a singular phantasmic reason behind a series of normal events

• Advertisement

this.
    That's pure apophenia.

You're appointing a singular phantasmic reason behind a series of normal events

You'd be in the minority of anybody who's researched it to think it's just coincidental and not connected.

But fair enough, we'll see how it plays out next year. For what it's worth, I obviously hope you're right and nothing much comes of it.

Everyone from governments, global business's, national business, communities, social groups, households and individuals are considering how to better themselves after this covid crisis, and how to come out of the crisis into a better world.

We won't be deciding anything, though. It will be done on our behalf by governments and unelected folk such as Klaus Schwab.

Just like the despicable idea of requiring everyone to sign up to annual vaccinations, digital vax passports etc to travel, attend concerts etc. People will have to step up and not consent to such fascism. I'm sure you can agree with that.

You'd be in the minority of anybody who's researched it to think it's just coincidental and not connected.

But fair enough, we'll see how it plays out next year. For what it's worth, I obviously hope you're right and nothing much comes of it.

I certainly don't want to see "nothing much come of it".

I want to see a concerted effort to come out of this intro a changed better world. I want governments to reassess population policy to funnel people into very high density urban cities rather than a more planned dispersal across nations.

I want to see policy regarding energy usage really driven home as we can see the environmental and financial benefits from lower energy usage.

I don't want to see more of the same that existed beforehand. That would be a huge opportunity lost

But I'm going to bet that when the year has passed and none of the vague stuff you've claimed has happened or gotten closer, you'll still weasel out of admitting you've gotten things wrong.

It's why you guys don't want to make an definitive statements or give a solid time frame. That just makes it more obvious when the predictions fail.

Though more likely, it's not something you're doing, it's something being done by the youtube bull**** artists you follow. They're smart and know how to draw something out and hedge their bets.

I certainly don't want to see "nothing much come of it".

I want to see a concerted effort to come out of this intro a changed better world. I want governments to reassess population policy to funnel people into very high density urban cities rather than a more planned dispersal across nations.

I want to see policy regarding energy usage really driven home as we can see the environmental and financial benefits from lower energy usage.

I don't want to see more of the same that existed beforehand. That would be a huge opportunity lost

Fair points. I'd be suspicious of government leaders and billionaires preaching down about "climate change" to the masses, though. They're the very people who leave huge carbon footprints themselves. It's an easy way to further tax the average citizen, whilst they continue flying around in their jets. I don't think a lot of these people will be giving up their own lifestyles.

We won't be deciding anything, though. It will be done on our behalf by governments and unelected folk such as Klaus Schwab.

Just like the despicable idea of requiring everyone to sign up to annual vaccinations, digital vax passports etc to travel, attend concerts etc. People will have to step up and not consent to such fascism. I'm sure you can agree with that.

Governments make decisions on our behalf every single day, that's literally their raison d'être.

As for Schwab and his great reset, he's a commentator and in a great position of power to influence policy makers. He's referring to exactly what I'm referring to previously..... A way to use this crisis as an opportunity to make the world better.

Its still up to the policy makers and elected governments to digest and contextualise the WEF comments.

Fear of change is not a healthy position to hold

Fear of change is not a healthy position to hold

Agreed, generally speaking. But suspicion/awareness of potential negative change is indeed healthy. See previously mentioned 'digital vax passports or have your freedoms restricted' as an example of this.

Fair points. I'd be suspicious of government leaders and billionaires preaching down about "climate change" to the masses, though. They're the very people who leave huge carbon footprints themselves. It's an easy way to further tax the average citizen, whilst they continue flying around in their jets. I don't think a lot of these people will be giving up their own lifestyles.

Ah that's just a weak and ludite argument to be honest. There's more communication occurring digitally today than in any other time in human history.
    Innovation is moving towards greener living every single day, and hopefully by 2050 dirty fuel will be a thing for the history books

Ah that's just a weak and ludite argument to be honest. There's more communication occurring digitally today than in any other time in human history.
    Innovation is moving towards greener living every single day, and hopefully by 2050 dirty fuel will be a thing for the history books

It's not really, though. They've been going on about this a few years at least, yet:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30960186.html

Now expand that out internationally. We'll see if these guys practice what they preach.

It's the same with the current restrictions, social distancing etc. They seem content enough to break those rules themselves. Hence people stop listening.

It's not really, though. They've been going on about this a few years at least, yet:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30960186.html

Now expand that out internationally. We'll see if these guys practice what they preach.

It's the same with the current restrictions, social distancing etc. They seem content enough to break those rules themselves. Hence people stop listening.

100% agreed with you here.
    Golfgate was a significant point in the government losing the people.

Though I feel we've gone far off the track of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Research and make up your own mind.

I have. It seems like the perfect time to implement some much needed change. Its a great idea.

The Nal wrote: »
    I have. It seems like the perfect time to implement some much needed change. Its a great idea.

Which changes are you referring to?

As above, let's see if international leaders are better than our own in adhering to new rules themselves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Oh God! Now there's a website!
    There'll be no vaccine injected in my veins in the hope that the world can recover!
    I don't have veins, my blood is Bluetooth so I'll be safe anyway...
    Is it time for full tinfoil suits yet lads? And is there a recommended brand? :pac:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1331071296235507713?s=19

Which changes are you referring to?

As above, let's see if international leaders are better than our own in adhering to new rules themselves ;)

The fact that they couldn't be bothered to follow their own rules suggests that the rules are about controlling people.

The propagandists at RTÉ, Newsom, Murphy in NJ. Their behaviour suggests that they all know it's a load of nonsense. But they've succeeded in creating a society of snitches, and terrified people into submission, so I guess they can do what they like.

banie01 wrote: »
    Oh God! Now there's a website!
    There'll be no vaccine injected in my veins in the hope that the world can recover!
    I don't have veins, my blood is Bluetooth so I'll be safe anyway...
    Is it time for full tinfoil suits yet lads? And is there a recommended brand? :pac:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1331071296235507713?s=19

I doubt Joe himself is aware of the website or that tweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What's the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    What's the conspiracy?

Alliteration apparently. They're taking over the world with alliteration.......run for your lives!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Build back better is just a catchy phrase, if you take anything more out of it then there is something wrong with you.

Anyway the New World Order can be any worse than the Old World Order, all that changes is who you pay your taxes to.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Alliteration apparently. They're taking over the world with alliteration.......run for your lives!!!
    I'm sure there was some who believed Obama's "Yes We Can!" was code also.

I also get the feeling that if you told these guys about all the racist stuff Trump has said or implied, they'd be telling us it would be just snowflakes overreacting and reading too much into stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I'm sure there was some who believed Obama's "Yes We Can!" was code also.

We had multiple threads about Obama being the "anti-christ" in here. Conspiracy theorists never change, only the subject matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement