Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

-8 (could become a -12)

Semedo, Podence and Jimenez out
    I was looking at Podence out before tonight, but hes actually been Wolve's only bright spark and Arsenal are in poor form.

CSF wrote: »
    I was looking at Podence out before tonight, but hes actually been Wolve's only bright spark and Arsenal are in poor form.

For my moves I’m 0.1m short.

I’ll have 5.4m left so I have to sell him.

I wouldn’t be mad keen on keeping him but would have kept him it it wasn’t for the 0.1m I need.

It means my final spot goes to the best 5.4m midfielder who is Soucek at 4.9m.

Going to be a long long season.

Not enjoying it remotely as just don’t have the time to play it as I usually do. I knew I should have taken a break this season like km79 did. I’d say he’s delighted to be away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wouldn’t be mad keen on keeping him but would have kept him it it wasn’t for the 0.1m I need.

Not enjoying it remotely as just don’t have the time to play it as I usually do. I knew I should have taken a break this season like km79 did. I’d say he’s delighted to be away from it.
    I won't lie to you, I couldn't imagine ever taking a break. I'm a fullon addict, but haven't really been one that allowed the game dictate my emotions like in the past.

Probably around lockdown was the point where that stopped being the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm hating all the games being on at different times. It's headwrecking all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Zaha news the latest setback.

One long game of whack a mole this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Wildcard has been a complete disaster!!!

Mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

-8 (could become a -12)

Semedo, Podence and Jimenez out

Might join you in taking hits - at least be some fun in getting above the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I don’t like posting a team and asking opinions but I’ve two frees and no strong ideas what to do!

0.4 in the bank

I have 0.1 left if I do:
    Kane to Watkins
    Hamez to Kdb
    Dallas to cancelo/Dias

I’m happy to get rid of hamez and Dallas. Kane obviously not but I think Watkins should do well with the good fixtures and pens. Then there’s the question are man city going to kick into gear anytime soon!

Anyone think I’m missing any other obvious moves?

Martinez, 4.0

Robertson, chilwell, KWP, Dallas, 3.9

Salah, Bruno, Grealish, hamez, Soucek

Kane, dcl, Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I don’t like posting a team and asking opinions but I’ve two frees and no strong ideas what to do!

0.4 in the bank

I have 0.1 left if I do:
    Kane to Watkins
    Hamez to Kdb
    Dallas to cancelo/Dias

I’m happy to get rid of hamez and Dallas. Kane obviously not but I think Watkins should do well with the good fixtures and pens. Then there’s the question are man city going to kick into gear anytime soon!

Anyone think I’m missing any other obvious moves?

Martinez, 4.0

Robertson, chilwell, KWP, Dallas, 3.9

Salah, Bruno, Grealish, hamez, Soucek

Kane, dcl, Bamford

Kane has returned in every game this season except for GW1. Madness to sell imo.

Perhaps Hamez to Jota and use funds left over to upgrade your 3.9m defenders to someone that plays - maybe Kilman?
    Walcott has returned in his last 3 games if you want to be punty

Could do Bamford to Abraham if funds available from Hamez downgrade - he seems to be finding the net more than Werner.

Granted i'm having a mare of a season, but my captain choices and reluctance to get in Bruno playing a big part in that ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I dunno whether to get Jota or not. He's such a great enabler at his price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Zaha to Jota seems painfully obvious. I had been planning to hold a free transfer and use the two to get Salah in next week. Its giving me a headache now as I don't want both Jota and Salah. I suppose it isnt the worst combo in the world but when you have grealish, zaha and ziyech I'm not sure where theres value at 8.2 mill.

I could probably go Zaha to Jota this week, then Jota to salah and vardy to bamford next week for a 4 point hit. Jota even coming off the bench Liverpool is a nice option but Brighton are not mugs.

Barnes not an option, double Leicester with vardy then! Although they do play Fulham! :O my head is fried.

What is everyone basing the fact the KdB is not in form on?

I think now is prime time to be going after City assets. They are being questioned, their character, ability & even whether they are challengers this season!

I fully expect a response from them coming, might even be an emphatic one.

I’m leaning towards Bruno to Sterling instead of Werner to Vardy.

Werner in the last 4-5 GW’s has been so close to hauling massively! I think the Spurs game could be the one.

Werner has similar numbers to Kane over the last few GW’s too & everyne saying Kane is essential. I don’t know, Werner looks well settled & will start hitting numbers so on that basis Bruno to Sterling for me (waiting til after CL games)

Werner assist was immense at weekend, the pace he cut through the defence from nothing.

I've watched KDB a few times now, he is still an incredible talent but something is not clicking. With a bit of luck tho he would have scored against spurs only Jesus was on the ground and blocked his shot, it was in the net otherwise. He creates but city don't seem to have that spark at the moment. Lots and lots of possession and crosses but no cutting edge. I'm sure it will come but like many others I don't think it's coming just yet. Are they missing a David Silva figure to complement KDB? I'm not sure what's happened.

I still think the next few weeks are going to be more unpredictable than people think. Covid events like Zaha are going to hammer teams over Christmas.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kane has returned in every game this season except for GW1. Madness to sell imo.

Perhaps Hamez to Jota and use funds left over to upgrade your 3.9m defenders to someone that plays - maybe Kilman?
    Walcott has returned in his last 3 games if you want to be punty

Could do Bamford to Abraham if funds available from Hamez downgrade - he seems to be finding the net more than Werner.

Granted i'm having a mare of a season, but my captain choices and reluctance to get in Bruno playing a big part in that ha.

I know, selling Kane just feels wrong. I sold son last week which I regret.. but at least it was for my man Bruno ha! Having Watkins will mean triple villa which isn’t ideal.

I like the jota shout. He’s playing so well Klopp has to keep giving him minutes. Also just noticed Liverpool’s fixtures look decent up to mid Jan. They aren’t getting much of a mention.

I'm hating all the games being on at different times. It's headwrecking all weekend.

I miss the days where you know you had a good or bad game week over the course of a Saturday afternoon.
    Having a bad gw dragged out From Friday to Monday can be a b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m going to hang onto to the 2 spurs lads for another week and assess how City get on against Burnley. I’ll wait a week to get the city lads in against Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I'm the same, having such a bad season I feel silly giving advice to strangers on a forum. I don't think I should be following my own intuition anymore, let alone dishing it out

Want to wait to get Jota in in case of injury but also don't want to miss his price rises during the week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Not sure if posted already - Zaha could be back for this Friday vs Newcastle.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-coronavirus-test-roy-hodgson-b77671.html

"We've known about it for a few days," said Hodgson. "We didn't want to go out and broadcast it to the world because we rather hoped a second test would free him to play.

If Salah anything to go by - the minute you return negative test you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Not sure if posted already - Zaha could be back for this Friday vs Newcastle.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-coronavirus-test-roy-hodgson-b77671.html

"We've known about it for a few days," said Hodgson. "We didn't want to go out and broadcast it to the world because we rather hoped a second test would free him to play.

If Salah anything to go by - the minute you return negative test you are good to go.

On Salah returning, Havertz tested positive on the 4th Nov and is still yet to return. However for Havertz it sounds like he had slightly more symptoms than Salah. At least tomorrow’s champions league game should hopefully give us a clue for Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any suggestions for aJorginiho replacement? He doesn't seem to be playing. Have 5.5 to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Tusky wrote: »
    Any suggestions for aJorginiho replacement? He doesn't seem to be playing. Have 5.5 to spend.

Whats rest of your team? There's not many good options in tha price range, I'd be looking at a hit to get in Jota or Bamford instead.

Any enlightenment as to why Salah has 112000 transfers out already? Surely he's back this weekend? Keeps his price down nicely to bring him back in tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Any enlightenment as to why Salah has 112000 transfers out already? Surely he's back this weekend? Keeps his price down nicely to bring him back in tho.
    YOu need to look at who he's being sold for to get the answer...

FantasyFootballFix tells me the majority of those went to:
    KDB (32%) - people jumping for the favourable fixtures.
    Bruno (28%) - constant returns.
    Jota (18%) - presumably freeing up money for other transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

I would guess it's a mix of, a lot of folks simply see the red flag and immediately getting rid, folks hearing he has Covid and presume not playing next week and some just getting rid.

Out of the 7.5 million FPL players, I've learned that the majority are just not as heavily invested as the majority of this sub would be and make quick reactive decisions. That said, lots will inevitably be doing better than myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

thunderdog wrote: »
    On Salah returning, Havertz tested positive on the 4th Nov and is still yet to return. However for Havertz it sounds like he had slightly more symptoms than Salah. At least tomorrow’s champions league game should hopefully give us a clue for Salah

"Mo trained and looked really good and he gave a negative test like the rest. He is available [for selection] and we will have to see what we can do with that," Klopp said.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12140911/mohamed-salah-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-could-recall-forward-for-champions-league-visit-of-atalanta

More or less confirms the theory of negative covid test = play.

And boy do Palace need Zaha to play... Just a matter of negative Zaha test now, although the way they keep to themselves up to a day before the game might just take the 25% chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bruno to Sterling... no brainer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Maybe hold off until City play in the CL?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,432 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is it?!

I’m so tempting but feel like its too risky

Werner to Vardy instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Went for similar.... salah to sterking, having second thoughts now, so if salah is rested or benched midweek and goes on for a run about I might get him back in.

Advertisement