Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Setting solus inverter

Options
  • 19-11-2020 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Anyone give me a talk through on how to set my inverter to charge batttery at night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DeclanD54 wrote: »
    Anyone give me a talk through on how to set my inverter to charge batttery at night?

533984.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

DrPhilG wrote: »
    533984.jpg

Cheers Phil. I was in it the other day but didn't want to change anything unless I was sure I knew what I was doing.

Thats for 2 batteries, so would I half the amperage

OK so just did a trial run now for a hour, and is charging at 1.18kw so working perfectly.

How many hours will I set it for over night?
    It will be topped in 2 hours but will I just set it to say midnight to 6am?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

OK so just did a trial run now for a hour, and is charging at 1.18kw so working perfectly.

How many hours will I set it for over night?
    It will be topped in 2 hours but will I just set it to say midnight to 6am?

Problem is that if you only charge it midnight til 6am, it will then start discharging from 6. You want to avoid discharging it on the night rate.

I believe that if you set it to charge up until the beginning of day rate, it will not discharge until then. Because obviously if it discharged during the charge time it would then be trying to charge and discharge at the same time.

Well I set the discharge to off so it won't discharge the battery. So it will start using the battery as normal from 6am.

What time does night rate finish?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Well I set the discharge to off so it won't discharge the battery. So it will start using the battery as normal from 6am.

What time does night rate finish?
    Currently it's 11pm to 8 am

When the clocks change its 12-9

OK so il set the charge time to match that?
    Cheers for help lads..

OK just an update on this. I set it up last week all running well.

Then I had a light buld moment yesterday!
    I have the old type analogue meter so my supplier would not know the difference between night and day metering lol..
    So in short pointless 😂😂

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

OK just an update on this. I set it up last week all running well.

Then I had a light buld moment yesterday!
    I have the old type analogue meter so my supplier would not know the difference between night and day metering lol..
    So in short pointless ����

Well there was night rate on the old meters too but you would need a special one to do it,

Your meter should go backwards when your exporting,... dont give that up unless
    A) they come and change it themselves
    or
    B) you get an EV

Oh I won't be looking to change it and EV not on the cards as we have a 192 Chr.
    But just found it funny I never thought of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement