Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitwala looking for tax information?

Options
  • 19-11-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for a cheaper bank account and I first setup Revolut, then N26 as the fees seem even cheaper and there 3 ATM withdrawals per month free should I need them, and then I set up Bitwala which I think has unlimited withdrawls - and offer high interest on BTC through the Celcius Network.

Bitwala are now looking for my tax information which they have told me is only for money laundering and counter terrorist use but that if any legislation was brought in regarding tax they would have to abide by it.

Unfortunately I do not have a mass of cryptocurrency so I am not worried right now but would any of you consider it a red flag for the future?

Crypto can be stored on the Celcius Network for the same interest - and the same risks - and they also offer some much higher for many alt coins, if that is your thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

It's only a red flag if you evade tax, as long as you do everything above board then it's a non-issue.

Advertisement