Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these please?

Options
  • 21-11-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi, my son did his Santa letter earlier and looking for the following pc games, I haven’t a clue and he’s cute enough and wrote abbreviations, and one know what these are?
    CK3
    VIC3
    HOI 4

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Crusader Kings 3, Victoria 3 (not out as far as i know), dunno the other one but someone will, prob some other strategy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Crusader kings 3
    Victoria 3
    Hearts of Iron 4

Have a look on the steam store.

Hoi 4 seems to be Hearts of Iron 4.

As always, Google is your friend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hearts of iron is the other I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Thanks, went straight to Amazon to be honest, I could of course googled though. Amazon threw back just dodgy results, I though he might be testing me, last year for Santa I’d imagine.. I over thought it, thanks a million!

• Advertisement

gogo wrote: »
    Thanks, went straight to Amazon to be honest, I could of course googled though. Amazon threw back just dodgy results, I though he might be testing me, last year for Santa I’d imagine.. I over thought it, thanks a million!

You get those games on the steam store, he more than likely has a steam account, maybe get him some steam credit, there all here https://store.steampowered.com/

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

gogo wrote: »
    Hi, my son did his Santa letter earlier and looking for the following pc games, I haven’t a clue and he’s cute enough and wrote abbreviations, and one know what these are?
    CK3
    VIC3
    HOI 4

Thanks a million!

Looking at the type of games those are, think your son might have designs on taking over the world!

Lol, he’s just gone 11, asked for a gaming pc for Christmas and these are the games he’s looked for, I’m checking out steam here, he’s has nothing at all yet, most expensive Santa letter I’ve ever been handed, he can take over the world no bother if it means he can pay for this stuff himself.... last year his present was to go see his team play (Swansea), right at the start of covid, I lost ferry costs, tickets everything, so he basically lost his Christmas present too .. so said fcek it, if this is what he wants!

Those wouldn't be taxing games on a computer, certainly wouldn't need a gaming pc for them. They also could be a little over his head.
    Has he already a playstation or xbox, could get him similar ones for them save you shelling out for a pc with a decent graphics card.

Those wouldn't be taxing games on a computer, certainly wouldn't need a gaming pc for them. They also could be a little over his head.
    Has he already a playstation or xbox, could get him similar ones for them save you shelling out for a pc with a decent graphics card.

No never looked for a new PlayStation or Xbox, has an old Xbox 360, belonging to my brother, he plays strategy games a good bit, there are some old ones on a computer at home, think my nephew used to have them and he obsessed with them since. Spends his time watching walk throughs and even takes the odd notes, it’s because he doesn't have pS or an Xbox that I don’t really mind buying it... has his heart set. He understands what he’s looking for, he’s smart out.. as in we have had his IQ tested smart.

Oh and he told me they were....... educational 😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

How smart can he be...he supports Swansea! :D

I kid of course.

Fair play to him, grand strategy would not be the usual choice of game for an 11 year old, but if that's what he's he enjoys its probably something to encourage as I would actually consider them educational.

You've definitely got a smart kid on your hands there, when you said last Santa I thought you meant 14 or so.

Don't worry, if he's learned anything from all those strategy games he will keep the Santa gig running a few more years yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fisher99

Hi, this is:
    Crusader Kings 2
    Victoria 3
    Hearts of Iron 4

I love the Hearts of Iron series, so I played very much in it and spent some nights in hard online matches)

Advertisement