Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toro, Mini Kegs, Sub and Blade?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I do believe in all my years on boards this is my 1st visit to this sub.

I recently discovered the sub tap?
    And after taking a look over on beerwulf say the Blade, blade looks fantastic but is hugely pricey IMO.

Is there anyone using a Sub on here that could share a review or opinion?
    Curious as to how they stack up with other home draught set ups?

I did have a single tap cooler set up for a while but TBH found it quite wasteful as unless the beer use was regular and heavy, it tended to just stagnate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

I was just about to start a thread on these, as Beerwulf have advised that they cannot deliver to ROI, so I was hoping there might be another option here that provide a similar service?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Corvo wrote: »
    I was just about to start a thread on these, as Beerwulf have advised that they cannot deliver to ROI, so I was hoping there might be another option here that provide a similar service?

I don't know of any supplier thats ships torps to Ireland because of the added duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Corvo wrote: »

I wonder if parcel motel or addresspal delivery is an option for these?
    Some of the beerwulf Sub and torp bundles are great value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

banie01 wrote: »
    I wonder if parcel motel or addresspal delivery is an option for these?
    Some of the beerwulf Sub and torp bundles are great value.

Neither accepts alcohol.

L1011 wrote: »
    Neither accepts alcohol.

Yes, but I've had many deliveries of spirits via both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

banie01 wrote: »
    Yes, but I've had many deliveries of spirits via both.

Which is illegal

L1011 wrote: »
    Which is illegal

Yes, but my redbreast, Jura and other spirits still taste great.
    But I do take your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Importing of alcohol via courier is illegal without a proper licence and the promotion of such is against this forum’s charter. OP, your first visit here may be your last. Please take note!

The Gloomster!

your first visit here may be your last. Please take note!

The Gloomster!

Rather than take a ban, I'll take your eloquent advice and interpret slightly differently and keep the visit count to just the one.

Thanks for advice and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Ok so on the original point. Anyone have experience of these? I'm actually in UK these days so was thinking of getting one, not a big drinker but if it was nice.. Then...

• Advertisement

Ok so on the original point. Anyone have experience of these? I'm actually in UK these days so was thinking of getting one, not a big drinker but if it was nice.. Then...

Given the lack of any actual opinion on the products in question on this thread.
    I went and had a look elsewhere for opinions.
    Found the homebrewforum.co.uk and this thread
    There is also a more well read and responded boards.ie thread here.

From what I've read and the opinion I formed from watching a few videos.
    It seems to be a bit too gimmicky for practical use and chilling could be an issue.
    It's a nespresso for beer and I'm a bean to cup kinda guy :D so its a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 galtsdrift

You can get the kegs for the Phillips one from one supplier in Ireland. Heineken don't even sell the blade here I don't think. The Krups thing is junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 galtsdrift

I take it the commies in government still won't let irish people buy the blade

Advertisement