Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a plumber, Claregalway

Options
  • 16-11-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Seems like the pump on our power shower has stopped working. It might be repairable, but is 20 years old, so more likely will need replacing with a new shower unit.

Can anyone recommend a good plumber in the Galway area (we're in Claregalway) for such an installation job?
    (I get the impression lots of plumbers aren't interested in small jobs).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is a DIY job but if you rather have a pro do it you could try Conboy Electrical Sales & Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

I do some DIY jobs but am not confident of doing anything electrical beyond basic stuff. And the only other DIY jobs I dislike more are plumbing-related! :rolleyes:

Having taken a quick look at the installer instructions for the old shower, it doesn't exactly look trival... :eek:

If you put your model into youtube there may be a video to help there.
    Otherwise give Conboy a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

I changed an electric shower there during the summer and like yourself a little nervous but I was amazed how easy it was. Go to your local hardware and tell them the one you have take a picture of it if you want to, you need to replace like for like, turn off mains electric and water, there is just small water pipe and 3 wires. 20 min it job and great job satisfaction when finished. Put a seal around unit after with silicone and your good to go,

Yeah, I usually change these myself too. It is daunting the first time but youtube and other sources are a great help.
    If you change to same model or just change the insert it's a breeze.

This guy is a fun watch in any case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Ours is Mira Event Power Shower, so takes both hot and cold intakes.
    I might take the cover off and take some photos, then go in to Woodies to look for a replacement. I guess if I stick with Mira there's a good chance the pipework already in place will line up alright with the new one.

That's the only bit I'm afraid of - if it's just a case of attaching pipes in place with simple screw-on connectors, I'm sure I can do the job. But if any extra pipe routing with joints is required, I won't know what to do.

Based on my old shower's manual, I guess there will be some post-installation tuning steps to follow too?

Advertisement