Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power

• 15-06-2020 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Just wondering if Paddy Power is honouring free bets carried forward from Cheltenham that had an expiry date on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They should do as it wasn't your fault they closed.
    If they don't, Facebook and Twitter are where you should go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Done a bet on the Masters over the weekend and backed John Rahm Top European w/o UK & Irish golfers. I done him in a double with Johnson best of the US golfers and they didn't pay up.

I have sent them a message as to clarify why I wasn't paid.

Anybody on here think of any reason as to why they wouldn't pay?

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Done a bet on the Masters over the weekend and backed John Rahm Top European w/o UK & Irish golfers. I done him in a double with Johnson best of the US golfers and they didn't pay up.

I have sent them a message as to clarify why I wasn't paid.

Anybody on here think of any reason as to why they wouldn't pay?

Both are winners.
    They will probably say, they are "related" in some way even though both are different and have no relevance to the other. :confused: but guessing you did them online so if the system took the bet, no reason why you wouldn't get paid out then.

I'm trying to contact them to see why they haven't paid up. Have heard nothing back yet.

I'm trying to contact them to see why they haven't paid up. Have heard nothing back yet.

Did you get paid yet?

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Did you get paid yet?

No, they told me I wouldn't be getting paid.

In my opinion they done me. PP said that McIlroy was the best of Europe, which he was, but they took my bet W/O UK & Ireland. Just for context I done 6 cross doubles with 4 players.

DJ Best of US
    Rose best of UK/Ireland
    Rahm best of Europe/Contiental
    Oousthozien best of South Africa

Under normal circumstances, lets say I tried to do McIlroy, for both best of Europe and Best of UK/Ireland. They wouldn't accept that bet as the golfer is in the both fields (similar to Rose). I even tried to do Tiger best of previous winners and DJ best of US and they wouldn't accept that bet at the time either as Tiger was in both fields.

No, they told me I wouldn't be getting paid.

In my opinion they done me. PP said that McIlroy was the best of Europe, which he was, but they took my bet W/O UK & Ireland. Just for context I done 6 cross doubles with 4 players.

DJ Best of US
    Rose best of UK/Ireland
    Oousthozien best of South Africa

Under normal circumstances, lets say I tried to do McIlroy, for both best of Europe and Best of UK/Ireland. They wouldn't accept that bet as the golfer is in the both fields (similar to Rose). I even tried to do Tiger best of previous winners and DJ best of US and they wouldn't accept that bet at the time either as Tiger was in both fields.

Yeah the old "related" bets argument. :rolleyes:
    However I assume you did this bet online so it would have shown exactly what the bet was, are you sure you had the bet on the right market?
    If you backed Rahm top Euro w/o UK/Irish, how can they say McIlroy makes the bet a loser as he would be treated as a n/r?
    Assume it's on the right market, the person who settled that market doesn't understand the market that the bet was placed on, "Top European market w/o Uk and Ireland".
    I'd say they are getting confused with that market and Top European market which are obviously different.
    If you are sure bet was placed on the market as stated, then go back to them and ask them to recheck settlement of the market or explain how McIlroy is included in that market if it excludes UK/Irish?

Might be a typo but just noticed there's no mention of "w/o UK and Irish" in that bet you have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

What odds you get on Rahm

Did you place it as Lucky 15, if so then under the interpretations 9 of the bets were impossible to win

gypsy79 wrote: »
    What odds you get on Rahm

Did you place it as Lucky 15, if so then under the interpretations 9 of the bets were impossible to win

13/5 on Rahm.

• Advertisement

Yeah the old "related" bets argument. :rolleyes:
    However I assume you did this bet online so it would have shown exactly what the bet was, are you sure you had the bet on the right market?
    If you backed Rahm top Euro w/o UK/Irish, how can they say McIlroy makes the bet a loser as he would be treated as a n/r?
    Assume it's on the right market, the person who settled that market doesn't understand the market that the bet was placed on, "Top European market w/o Uk and Ireland".
    I'd say they are getting confused with that market and Top European market which are obviously different.
    If you are sure bet was placed on the market as stated, then go back to them and ask them to recheck settlement of the market or explain how McIlroy is included in that market if it excludes UK/Irish?

I went through two different avenues and both said they couldn't dig up the relevant information regarding the markets.

I went through two different avenues and both said they couldn't dig up the relevant information regarding the markets.

If you did it online, there must be a copy of the details on the betslip?
    Put up a picture of the bet on here and we'll have a look.
    One of the biggest golf tournaments of the year, on last weekend and "they couldn't dig up the relevant information regarding the markets" :eek:
    They must have a record of the market you had a bet on.
    What were the two different avenues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Ask them for the SP for the market

13/5 seems a little long and I suspect you bet on a market that you didnt fully understand. I would have expected Rahm to be odds on in the market you described

And you couldnt have won 9 of your bets

If you did it online, there must be a copy of the details on the betslip?
    Put up a picture of the bet on here and we'll have a look.
    One of the biggest golf tournaments of the year, on last weekend and "they couldn't dig up the relevant information regarding the markets" :eek:
    They must have a record of the market you had a bet on.
    What were the two different avenues?

Via ask Paddy on Twitter and then a customer care direct chat.

Via ask Paddy on Twitter and then a customer care direct chat.

Stick up a screenshot of the bet.

Advertisement