Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

What platform?

Xbox Series X, seems to be happening on PS4/5 and PCs too though. I deleted the corrupted save and the other manual and autosaves seem to be fine at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Seems like it's best to leave this game until they've finished getting the general public testing it for free :)

I started playing Odyssey back in July, I'm about 60 hours into it now and have encountered little to no bugs. Its funny to read comments online though of when that first came out and how glitchy it was. There's a lot to be said for waiting at least a few months for the developers to iron out the kinks and possibly get it cheaper too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I played Odyssey at launch, and didn't really notice any major bugs. Valhalla has it's share though, and i had my 5th hard freeze yesterday. Always seems to happen just before or during the start of a cinematic type thing (camera panning around a ship, over an area etc...). Really frustrating, and definitely makes me want to leave it a while.

It's actually a really enjoyable game when it works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kiith wrote: »
    I played Odyssey at launch, and didn't really notice any major bugs. Valhalla has it's share though, and i had my 5th hard freeze yesterday. Always seems to happen just before or during the start of a cinematic type thing (camera panning around a ship, over an area etc...). Really frustrating, and definitely makes me want to leave it a while.

It's actually a really enjoyable game when it works though.

I played Odyssey and Origins at launch and can't really remember either of them being buggy.

Unity on the other hand...........

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Odyssey was probably the game I had the most hard crashes on PS4. Several times attacking a fort the audio and visuals would start skipping, slowly at first, then increasing until it would freeze completely. I think it might have been because I'd spend extra time at the start tagging all enemies with Ikaros prior to attacking the fort, so maybe that was causing it to glitch out. But I can't think of any game on PS4 that crashed as much as Odyssey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Had one issue where Eivor froze after landing from a jump, thats it.

Minor annoyance on the raids is that there is always a dude in a building with a closed door, so if I stealth everyone I am left with an open fight almost every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Had one issue where Eivor froze after landing from a jump, thats it.

Minor annoyance on the raids is that there is always a dude in a building with a closed door, so if I stealth everyone I am left with an open fight almost every single time.

Easiest way to defeat them is if you hit their weak points with arrows then stun attack

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Easiest way to defeat them is if you hit their weak points with arrows then stun attack

I found an ability that lets me jump into the air and knocks down most enemies, then I just stomp them.

Combat is very easy.

I find it hilarious to kite an animal into a stronghold then just watch. 1 wolf took out 4 enemies :D I wanted to keep him, shame that.

Still on the 1st mission in England, have raided every available place and synced almost every high point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Question do you go back to where the game starts I was trying to scale a cliff for a yellow marker and could not get up. Maybe down to ice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Have had the game completely lock up on my a few times though it may have been down to the overclock on my gpu. Will see how it goes today with the overclock. Also if you're on PC and don't want to pay full price for it, try Ubisoft+(€15.99 a month) and just cancel your sub before the end of the month

• Advertisement

Question do you go back to where the game starts I was trying to scale a cliff for a yellow marker and could not get up. Maybe down to ice

You can go back anytime, on the map screen press SHIFT(on PC) for the atlas.

I went back to fight a legendary Elk then got brave and fought the legendary bear, noped the fcuk out of that one. I`ll come back to him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If it's the long icicles, then no, they can't be climbed, you'll need to find a path around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

30 hours later and I've switched to male Eivor. My only regret is that I didn't pick him from the start. He's great.
    Female Eivor tries way too hard, she's one note and has no emotional variation in tone.
    Similar here!

In Odyssey the female was the opposite, better voce acting, here it's def the male and it adds so much more to the game since I switched to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Tip: you can run while crouching. :rolleyes:

That's one thing that I find an odd choice about Valhalla! In Odyssey there was one movement speed. Now they've gone back to a walk/sprint model :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

How far into the game am I ?
    I've just defeated the lost wolf in Asgard

Some of the world events are quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    How far into the game am I ?
    I've just defeated the lost wolf in Asgard
    You don't have to stay there, you can go back to England after you defeat that wolf

Finally
    leap of faith
    thats been bugging me for ages. Wish I'd build the hidden ones place sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sorry if these have been brought up already but a few early annoyances.
    1. Being unable to sell/dismantle gear is annoying. I've been generally upgrading my "Raven Clan Gear" and most gear I find is just sitting there with no purpose. I assume something they will address in an update.
    2. Jomsviking (Other players characters that you can recruit ( I assume) - Am I missing something with these in the fact that you can only fit 6 people in your squad/boat so why are there so many of them scattered around the place if 6 is your max?. They seem to pop up in every town to be recruited.
    3. Also whats the purpose of your Lieutenant that you customize , where does he/she be?. Maybe he/she is there on raids and I just haven't noticed?

I've stated what seems to be a very very long 11 step process to getting my hands on the
    excalibur
    sword. Hopefully worth it

Appearances are everything

20201118_014719.jpg

Agree ( I wearing the same outfit I started with and using the same 2 axes I started with)
    Seems pointless (more than pointless to me as everyone is dead before I call them in to bust open the doors)
    Again pointless.

I imagine they wanted an editable crew similiar to Odyssey but ran out of time, I had most of the top 10 bounty hunters as my crew in Odyssey. They were bad ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got this highest level gear from a Twitch gaming promo.
    I'll never have to change that out, just upgrade as i get the resources.
    In a way, it's great, I hated the sheer volume of stuff that was floating around in Odyssey.
    Now in Valhalla, when you get a new weapon or gear, you take a look at it, cos it's a rare event. :)

I'm glad they scaled back on the gear and now just have a few sets kind of like the witcher.

Another plus for me is they ditched the side quests completely in favor of the wacky world events. Best thing to happen to the series in years.

I'm not a fan of how the skill tree is laid out in that you have to put points into stuff to uncover the next one so you can see what is in it. I know you can respec without penalty but even at power level 48 that's a lot of points to reallocate.

I knocked the difficulty down to the easiest setting, not because I found it too hard but because I found the combat annoying especially when you have crew with you. The combat really lacks the polish and precision other games of it's kind have. It can be really janky at times with animations or crew getting in the way etc. it's not as but with just me v the AI but still not I'd expect from a AAA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I want to try and get Thors hammer and Excalibur. Which is more powerful . Do I have to be at a certain level to get them ? How do I get them

Finally
    leap of faith
    thats been bugging me for ages. Wish I'd build the hidden ones place sooner.
    I was dieing for all the viewpoint up to then. I built it by accident (thought I was doing the shop) Got the quest and went well damn should have known

Tip: Annoyingly, there are some collectibles you cannot get until you've progressed in the story so if you're struggling to figure out how to find a way wait until yo've completed the area arc.

I tried so long to get into the 1st fortress in Norway and then the hidden passage to be told not available spend too long at it.
    Wanted the book or whatever was inside

Also was everyone also expecting the 2
    Balsim and Hytham to be Templers and not Assassins Well I mean both

Advertisement