Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poison around docks!

• 10-11-2020 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭

If anybody is walking dogs around there keep them on lead until this is checked out. They're not sure who put it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Asking people to keep their dogs on a lead...omg you monster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If anybody is walking dogs around there keep them on lead until this is checked out. They're not sure who put it up.

Sorry. Forgot the screenshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's unclear what this is.

Was xylitol spread deliberately?
    Is EPA and ECLG trying to warn us?

It's "dog leash", not "dog lease". This makes me think it's not a government sign.

Last year at least 5 dogs were poisoned around the city https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30951097.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Contact Galway Harbour Office 561874 its on their property, I see the Environment Protection Agency logo on it so it must be them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Contact Galway Harbour Office 561874 its on their property, I see the Environment Protection Agency logo on it so it must be them.

Unless a loon is pretending. The spelling as biko pointed out is strange.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That looks dodgy as ****. The EPA have nothing to do with endangered species, that would be National Parks and Wildlife Service, and nor do the EPA take actions like that, they are very much a monitoring and compliance agency. I can't think of any endangered species down there that would be threatened by dogs either. I'm thinking it's a bogus sign put up by someone who isn't happy with unrestrained dogs or their 'leavings'.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭mikep

That's definitely dodgy.
    EPA do not lay poison...

Some looper pissed off with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭stopthevoting

The Government department logo beside the EPA logo is out of date. That wording of "Environment, Community and Local Government" is no longer used since 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

https://twitter.com/OwenHanleyLives/status/1326302770320842752

The signs are fake, but whoever faked them might still have left poison. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭timmyntc

An extreme reaction to stepping in dogsh*t by someone

• Advertisement

It looks to be printed on Corri board too, so presumably whoever it was had to go to a printer to get it done...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Zzippy wrote: »
    It looks to be printed on Corri board too, so presumably whoever it was had to go to a printer to get it done...

Check the back of the sign there might be a Printing Company name on it.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Check the back of the sign there might be a Printing Company name on it.

I know they have to do it for election posters, but they don't generally do it for signs like this. Not on any I've gotten printed in the past, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭thesandeman

EPA statement:

Screen-Shot-2016-04-20-at-4-22-55-PM-0-0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

But Xylitol? Isn't that a hippie sugar replacement, that isn't that bad for you?

Maybe it isn't great for dogs. It must be either a hoax or some grumpy nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CCat

Xylitol is toxic to dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

It was on the finnegan show yesterday.it’s some local fcukers who got the hump after standing on a barkers egg.they were following a line of investigation according to the council spokesman so they must know who put them up.
    As others have said they made a mess of the spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Easy solution folks: keep your dogs under control, and pick up their ****. They people wouldn't be inclined to do this sort of thing.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a "look what you made me do" defence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Easy solution folks: keep your dogs under control, and pick up their ****. They people wouldn't be inclined to do this sort of thing.

Blatant victim blaming. Not all dog owners behave badly, yet all could have their dogs poisoned by this action.

If you have a dog, you'll know no matter how close you keep it, their nose is closer to the ground and they'll find/eat something before you have time to react. Even if they are at your heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kevincaomhin

Are you serious? Honestly, poor dumb animal dying in pain is a fair response to another dog poos not been cleaned up ?

Some people are just cruel.

Cool the jets folks, thanks
    Dog owners may have triggered the response but we will have to wait until the investigations are finished to find out the root cause of the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you serious? Honestly, poor dumb animal dying in pain is a fair response to another dog poos not been cleaned up ?

Some people are just cruel.

There are signs up. But has there been any indication of any actual poison laid?

From the article I posted above
    However, the City Council has confirmed that an investigation showed no poison was placed at any point.
    So at least the CC did not place poision.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kevincaomhin

There are signs up. But has there been any indication of any actual poison laid?

I do not know but it seems no poison laid. For most people, it is easier to get the poison than to get the sign.

Do you actually think this behaviour is ok? Whether poison is laid or not the threat is there.

Advertisement