Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Eve Box/ Pack

Options
  • 10-11-2020 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

So I’ve never done these but for the year that’s in it, gonna try it. I don’t really want to buy a load of crap for it either outside of what I can’t make.
    So I know the new pjs/ fluffy socks are standard.
    I’m going to print out some Santa colouring pages and I’ve got them a box of crayons. I’m going to make reindeer food out of some porridge and glitter and put it into a little bag. I’ll get a couple of little sachets of got chocolate for them as a treat. What else can I put into them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

screamer wrote: »
    So I’ve never done these but for the year that’s in it, gonna try it. I don’t really want to buy a load of crap for it either outside of what I can’t make.
    I’m going to print out some Santa colouring pages and I’ve got them a box of crayons. I’m going to make reindeer food out of some porridge and glitter and put it into a little bag. I’ll get a couple of little sachets of got chocolate for them as a treat. What else can I put into them?

Please don't put glitter in the reindeer food, wildlife will eat the oats and ingest the glitter too, and\or it will end up eventually in the water sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

screamer wrote: »

What age are they? I usually put cookie mix in so we can bake our cookies for Santa Xmas Eve. There are some lovely story books for Xmas too. Kippers Christmas Eve is a favourite here. bath bomb for their bath too

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

We put, pjs, socks, hot chocolate (bomb this year) a new Christmas bedtime story each, the food for Santa and Rudolph. Just something to tide them over but not enough excitement to keep them awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

If you can get your hands on it the book ' A visit from St. Nicholas' or t'was the night before Christmas as its better known.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

If they don't yet have a Christmas themed mug and/or a egg cup holder, it would be nice and they can use them for years to come !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Christmas music CD or movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Some lovely ideas there guys, thanks a million. I’ll leave the glitter out of the oats, it’ll be all the same to them. They’re 4 BTW, twin trouble, oh and we’ll have a brand new one too! Next year we’ll need safety locks in the Christmas Eve pack to keep baby away from the tree! Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    If you can get your hands on it the book ' A visit from St. Nicholas' or t'was the night before Christmas as its better known.

Love that book, and in honour of the king of Christmas, Clark W. Griswold, read it to the kids every christmas eve :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

We include a Christmas movie that we can all watch in our pjs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Christmas tree decoration with their name or one that represents them eg. Favourite animal...there are so many decorations available now :)

Little snowglobe. You can actually get these with names on them too. Usually in Easons :)

Not sure if they're boys or girls but Dunnes have very cute Christmas themed hair bands :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement