Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably one of the few times where it's not a compliment to say he doesn't look as heavy as he did with Heavy Machinery

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Interesting that Riddle and Seth are now on opposite teams for SS and Rollins seems to have genuine animosity towards Riddle and said in a recent interview he has no desire to work with him ever

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lana through the table weekly a face push for her, leading to her winning for Raw at SS and a title reign down the line

I'd say they could do something like have Lana be the reason Nia gets eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Lana through the table weekly a face push for her, leading to her winning for Raw at SS and a title reign down the line

That what Meltzer is reporting that Bruce Prichard thinks putting Lana through a table every week will have the WWE Universe feel sorry for her and turn her into a Mega Babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say they could do something like have Lana be the reason Nia gets eliminated

Lana gets the win with a crappy roll up I expect. She'll stay in it because the rest won't tag her in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »

Then Jax puts her through the table taking her out of the match then she gets up at the last min when SD think they have won and get a roll up?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ali just looks dodgy in his new role, like one of the lads you could you prowling nightclubs on a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That what Meltzer is reporting that Bruce Prichard thinks putting Lana through a table every week will have the WWE Universe feel sorry for her and turn her into a Mega Babyface.

It has potential to lead to a nice Mania moment of Lana putting Jax through a table perhaps.

I can see Lana indirectly or directly costing Jax the SS match, her tag titles and eliminating her from the Rumble, though paying for it by going through a table each time.

Will it work.... god knows, probably not.

Have the WWE currently any top face female over near as much as Becky was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It has potential to lead to a nice Mania moment of Lana putting Jax through a table perhaps.

I can see Lana indirectly or directly costing Jax the SS match, her tag titles and eliminating her from the Rumble, though paying for it by going through a table each time.

Will it work.... god knows, probably not.

I like Lana and I know she's trying her best, but jaysus her whole in ring performance is still brutal. While I'd love to see Jax jobbing to her the idea of them sharing a ring scares me tbh. Jax can barely keep her sh1t together against accomplished performers never mind someone who struggles like Lana does.

Lana has all the athletic attributes she is a world class dancer so she is well able to have the muscle memory to lean moves and choreograph a match.

Maybe she needs to go the Macho Man way and work whole matches over and over move for move with her opponent before going live with them.

Then again how many wrestlers do that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have the WWE currently any top face female over near as much as Becky was?

No-one even a fraction close.

"The Man" run was lightning in a bottle. When WWE blatantly push someone to the moon, there is usually a little or a lot of fan pushback but the fans were fully onboard with that push.

She went over in promo segments with Edge and Cena, had a promo with The Rock, won the Rumble, won the main event of Mania, held two titles, held one for a year and got cheered all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

J. Marston wrote: »
    No-one even a fraction close.

"The Man" run was lightning in a bottle. When WWE blatantly push someone to the moon, there is usually a little or a lot of fan pushback but the fans were fully onboard with that push.

She went over in promo segments with Edge and Cena, had a promo with The Rock, won the Rumble, won the main event of Mania, held two titles, held one for a year and got cheered all the way.

And also gave Austin a stunner!

Is Drew getting the title back from Orton tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not a prayer. I reckon Roman will interfere after 5/10 minutes.

I reckon there’ll be shenanigans from the Fiend and we’ll get fiend v Drew with no build up...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not a prayer. I reckon Roman will interfere after 5/10 minutes.

I think the fiend will interfer this will lead to a triple threat match between Orton, Fiend and Drew.

Going by SD it does look like they are going with Reigns vs Drew but this is WWE an **** knows what they will do

Orton vs Reigns has had no build up whatsoever

This week needs the invasions to happen considering it's this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really seems like Survivor Series in general has had a terrible build. It's mostly just infighting between all the teams. The rosters have barely interacted or even mentioned each other in some case. Have zero hype for SS this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Raw seems so bland nowadays, I never watch wwe anymore but still check out results etc but can't remember a time it's ever been this bad..

Retribution could have been interesting but its literally job squad 2.0.

Anyone that shone in NXT more often or not get buried

I don't know is it writing or vinces stubbornness but when was the last WTF moment like punk quitting with the title, stone cold getting, run over, nexus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Seems only fair. I wonder how much?

His troublesome behaviour backstage and reputation just always seems to catch up with him.

It's a storyline fine, I'm sure, for laying hands on Adam Pearce last week.

Did he pull his lad out again?

Hardly.. this is some Kayfabe ****e.. needless to say I’m a complete slave to this; they could do absolutely anything and I’ll still watch

It is a kayfabe fine for putting is hands on Adam Pearce.

Imagine he actually did pull his lad out again or sh1t in a female talent handbag again and only got a fine in the same week they sacked a female talent for having a social media account they could not control.

That would be Vince and the WWE to a tee.

Asuka deserves so much better than tagging with the generic blondes.

AJs bodyguard makes Braun Strowman look like a normal sized human

• Advertisement

Listening to that Taker promo it really shows how much better commentators and colour men were back then to the bland corporate ones today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement