Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

The big one for me right now is do I get Netflix Premium (Ultra HD) and 4 streams without needing to buy Sky Multiscreen.

I'm seeing conflicting things on the Sky site.

"Legal" blurb on the Black Friday Deal
    It's easy to activate Netflix once you've got Ultimate TV Addon, we'll tell you how to do this. If you're an existing Netflix customer, you need to activate that account so they know to stop billing you. You'll need Multiscreen with Ultimate TV Addon to get the Netflix Premium plan, Ultra HD and watch on up to 4 screens. Sky Cinema is €9 a month with Sky Sports after offers expire.

T&C's for Sky Ultimate TV
    To watch Netflix on 4 screens at the same time, and access Netflix in Ultra HD you need Sky the HD and UHD packs with the Ultimate TV Add-on. Please note that in order to watch in Ultra HD on Sky Q you’ll need a UHD compatible TV.

If you link an existing Netflix Premium plan to your Ultimate TV Add-on but don’t have Sky HD or UHD, you’ll move to Netflix’s Basic plan which allows you to watch Netflix 1 screen. Sky HD is required for the Netflix Standard plan which allows you to watch Netflix on 2 screens and in HD. Sky HD and UHD are required for the Netflix Premium plan which allows you to watch on 4 screens and in UHD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

jhammer wrote: »
    Siro listed as unavailable.

Ah, sorry. My misunderstanding. It’s Open Eir in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Soarer wrote: »
    I'd say you're good to go.

I started the sign up and the legal but says existing customers cannot apply. Typical. I'm going to cancel sports and movies from existing package leaving me with basic TV and be broadband only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

bailey99 wrote: »
    I started the sign up and the legal but says existing customers cannot apply. Typical. I'm going to cancel sports and movies from existing package leaving me with basic TV and be broadband only.

You’re technically not an existing customer ie. you’re not in contract.
    Ring them and I’d bet you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Soarer wrote: »
    You’re technically not an existing customer ie. you’re not in contract.
    Ring them and I’d bet you get it.

He may well get it or a different offer, but he certainly is an existing customer. The contract continues on a month to month basis after the initial term (and requires a notice period to terminate), otherwise he wouldn't still be receiving - and paying for - services from them.

His best option here is to begin the cancellation process and see what they offer to keep him, or complete the process and then have his wife/partner sign-up in their name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭ooter

Do you need to have an existing phone line for sky BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭celt262

loyatemu wrote: »
    cancelling Sky is a real PITA, factor in several hours of your day wasted trying to cancel in a years time.

I don't get this i have done it several times over the years and never took longer than 40 minutes. Of course if it does indeed take you several hours and saves a couple of hundred over a year it would be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ush1 wrote: »
    Check with airwire checker. If the VDSL is anything less than 80meg it's probably gonna be not stable and a pain.

I hate being stuck with virgin but no other game in town until eir FTTH. Crazy as I'm in Dublin in an urban area.

What's Airwire like as an ISP do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

My Vodafone 12 month contract expires on Dec 8th, does anyone know if it is possible to sign up today with effect from December so I don't have an overlap?

Seriously good offer , it'll be interesting to see if the other market players counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My Sky tv is out of contract and due to switch off on Friday.

I messaged Sky sales asked them for best price for tv Sky Sports, Sports Extra, HD and Sky go Extra and I was quoted a whopping €105.40

I was expecting €50 pm so I quickly said thanks but no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

My Vodafone 12 month contract expires on Dec 8th, does anyone know if it is possible to sign up today with effect from December so I don't have an overlap?

Seriously good offer , it'll be interesting to see if the other market players counter it.

Your contract only starts at installation date which at this time of the year will be nearer 2/3 weeks away.
    Like yourself I have Vodafone BB which expires on the 5th dec and Im planning to transfer now and await the switch over

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ooter wrote: »
    Do you need to have an existing phone line for sky BB?

If DSL, yes

If over the ESB/Siro network, no (500MB/1GB packages)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

Ush1 wrote: »
    Check with airwire checker. If the VDSL is anything less than 80meg it's probably gonna be not stable and a pain.

I hate being stuck with virgin but no other game in town until eir FTTH. Crazy as I'm in Dublin in an urban area.

Not entirely accurate. For VDSL the quality of the line to the cab determines the stability of the connection. The distance to that cab will determine speed. So you could have 20meg stable connection. And you could have 90meg unstable. Ofcourse a longer cable will be more suscpetible to the elements and may be more unstable.
    I have 30Meg. Run 2 nest cameras + your usual other peripherals around the house without issue. I also have virgin available to me, but for whatever reason thier connection has never been stable for us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just to clarify you can get Sky 4k without multiroom, I currently have it with one box.

To be honest I wouldn't bother. There's no channels, just a few movies and few on demand shows. The difference in quality is hardly noticeable apart from the crisp Sky intro. I've been meaning to call them to cut the 4k, just need to double check I don't lose anything.

Currently paying €57 for Signature, Cinema and 4k which is a decent price in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,290 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

anyone actually get through the online ordering process

just keeps failing for "technical difficulties"

no sh!t - a quick look at the chrome console and it's awash with errors

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Hi guys, does anyone know if I can use the SKY GO app on an android tv?? Was considering buying an Android Tv instead of subscribing to Multi-room if it will allow it??....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

phester28 wrote: »
    ya changing is not for everyone though. I've experience of it first hand where the change over does not go well and you are left with no BB or phone for 1.5 weeks. spending hours on the phone being asked the really stupid questions (have you tried plugging it out and back in again) when I know that it was a line fault due to the local exchange not being set up correctly.

Would not like to be without during lockdown as I need it for work

I get that it's not always easy but you can typically just call to negotiate a new deal.

I'm with Vodafone for broadband and called yesterday asking their best price to stay with them. I got quoted €40 a month so I gave them notice on the phone that I wanted to leave at the end of the month (when my contract is up).

Got a phone call today with an offer of €30 per month to stay with them. I accepted - even though the Sky offer looks great. I just don't follow football so the extra just isn't worth it for me and the convenience of not changing was also appealing.

15 minute wait time on the phone yesterday and a 3 minute chat. 10 minute phone call today getting the offer and accepting it. Yes, it's a slight pain but under 30 minutes for a €120-€300 saving over the year is going to be worth it for almost everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

tadgho wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know if I can use the SKY GO app on an android tv?? Was considering buying an Android Tv instead of subscribing to Multi-room if it will allow it??....

You can't I'm afraid, Sky have blocked it in order to stop people doing exactly that. I've tried every sort of screen mirroring software etc that I could get my hands on but no luck.

As far as I can see the only way to get sky go on a TV is either by getting sky go extra or by hooking up a hdmi from your laptop

In terms of the thread topic, this is a fantastic offer, probably the best deal on sky I've ever come across.

I did some reading yesterday and it's not possible nor is Chromecast. They've done something to prevent the signal out over HDMI.

In my case I'll get a HDMI splitter but will be the same signal to multiple TV's.

Do you get Sports UHD without buying the UltraHD + HD package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

It def won't work on an Android TV/box.

It will however work on a PlayStation/Xbox, I'm not sure which versions though

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If DSL, yes

If over the ESB/Siro network, no (500MB/1GB packages)

I am moving into a new self build house in January. Even though I wont be using this offer until then , tempted to go ahead with it if ordered the end of November, it would prob be mid/late December before I'm connected anyway so its worth it in my opinion

I'm out in the countryside , so it would be DSL i would have. I have no phoneline connected to my house as of yet. My question is where do I start with this/ Do I have get openEir to put in a phone line for me now & does anyone know how I go about it & whats the cost?

Any info appreciated
    SponsorGate

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I went ahead and cancelled as they would not match the offer. Going to get my daughter to reorder online. Hope there is no gap in service.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

sue97 wrote: »
    I went ahead and cancelled as they would not match the offer. Going to get my daughter to reorder online. Hope there is no gap in service.

what was the best offer they gave ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

My deal was €63 and for the first 12 months for TV/BB. The best they would do was still over over €80 despite several calls and actually cancelling in the end. My service is due to end soon but it's not possible sign up someone else until service is fully cut.

I'll likely switch to Virgin soon as I can't be without BB due to WFH. Any idea if there will be a Virgin Media Black Friday special deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Del007 wrote: »
    It def won't work on an Android TV/box.

It will however work on a PlayStation/Xbox, I'm not sure which versions though

It'll only work on PlayStation and Xbox if you have Sky Go Extra. Ordinary Sky Go used to work on both but not anymore

lawred2 wrote: »
    anyone actually get through the online ordering process

just keeps failing for "technical difficulties"

no sh!t - a quick look at the chrome console and it's awash with errors

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

El Sueño wrote: »
    It'll only work on PlayStation and Xbox if you have Sky Go Extra. Ordinary Sky Go used to work on both but not anymore

Hi! Is Sky Go Extra an extra subscription and if so any idea how much p/m? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi! Is Sky Go Extra an extra subscription and if so any idea how much p/m? Thanks!

6 euro pm

• Advertisement

Are Sky actually installing though? In the current climate I can't see installer paying house visits

Advertisement