Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW9 Transfers

• 07-11-2020 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

International break to get through during it so won't do anything hasty but probably look to do Son > Bruno Fernandes as I don't want Son and Kane with Spurs embarking on a fairly brutal run of fixtures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

International break to get through during it so won't do anything hasty but probably look to do Son > Bruno Fernandes as I don't want Son and Kane with Spurs embarking on a fairly brutal run of fixtures.

Do you have Salah and Kdb/sterling?

I would love a midfield with Salah Bruno and Kdb.
    However to do it I’d need to sell son hamez and Kane and be left with no premium striker.

Or I could possibly find it by downgrading Robertson. Have two free transfers to tinker with over the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I've got Salah, no City coverage at present and happy to avoid them until they click at this point

I've got Salah, no City coverage at present and happy to avoid them until they click at this point

I’ve no city at the moment either but I think they should kick into gear around gw 10/11 with their nice fixture run, possibly top the champions league group (9 points from 3 games so far then they can focus on the league) and have a fit striker back.
    There are some ifs there but I think it’s wise to have a plan to get one in case they are back to their usual selves soon.

Just looked at my team. I think I’ll do son to Bruno in gw 9 when united have west brom at home and save a transfer to have two frees going into gw 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I’ve no city at the moment either but I think they should kick into gear around gw 10/11 with their nice fixture run, possibly top the champions league group (9 points from 3 games so far then they can focus on the league) and have a fit striker back.
    There are some ifs there but I think it’s wise to have a plan to get one in case they are back to their usual selves soon.

Just looked at my team. I think I’ll do son to Bruno in gw 9 when united have west brom at home and save a transfer to have two frees going into gw 10.
    You know that's this week yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hamez out I think. Possibly for Bruno or kdb if I can find the cash (maybe kane to Vardy or Werner). Trying to set and forget this season but every now and then it needs a tweak to remove under performers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Most likely Kane to Vardy and Zaha to Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Probably Son out a I have too many Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably Robertson to City defender.

May do Son to KDB or Bruno for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Ayling out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2FT's, first instinct is to downgrade Kane to Bamford and use the funds to upgrade a midfielder. Either Zaha to KDB or Podence to Bruno.

Feels like Bruno and Bamford will get me points whenever Leeds and United score a few. Seem very central to their teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Think it’s WC time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Maupay has been in my team for too damn long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

KDb in for Foden but how to fund it?

A Son- Soucek/ Podence 1.4 ITB
    B Kane- Bamford (1.8 ITB)
    C Trent- Balbuena 0 ITB

Leaning towards Trent, but was planning on shifting one of Kane/ Son with massive fixture swing- :confused::confused:

skippy15 wrote: »
    KDb in for Foden but how to fund it?

A Son- Soucek/ Podence 1.4 ITB
    B Kane- Bamford (1.8 ITB)
    C Trent- Balbuena 0 ITB

Leaning towards Trent, but was planning on shifting one of Kane/ Son with massive fixture swing- :confused::confused:

I think B is a good shout. Or C if you have double Liverpool defense

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Team is:

McCarthy
    Robertson, KWP, Justin, Chilwell, Coufal
    Fernandes, Saint Maxi, Son, Salah (Stephens)
    Wilson, Ings, DCL

I’ve been doing alright this season by just making one transfer a week and sitting on some under performers - for example, I had Egan for weeks - not sure why because I thought Sheff Utd would suffer second season syndrome and be relegated.

At the moment the team needs a bit of tidying up as I feel Ings (definite due to injury) and Robertson & Maxi need changing. Potentially a -8 but could set me up well coming back from the international break.

As he’s retired from internationals, there’s no real risk getting Vardy in after he plays this GW and he’ll be well rested coming back too.

Any suggestions for Saint Maxi/Robertson alternatives?

Would have 11.2 mil to spend between the two of them if I bring Vardy in for Ings.

Edit: I'm now thinking Ziyech looks necessary after watching MOTD so I could go Maxi to Ziyech and Ings to Adams or Bamford, most likely Adams. Keep Robertson for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lemlin wrote: »
    Team is:

McCarthy
    Robertson, KWP, Justin, Chilwell, Coufal
    Fernandes, Saint Maxi, Son, Salah (Stephens)
    Wilson, Ings, DCL

I’ve been doing alright this season by just making one transfer a week and sitting on some under performers - for example, I had Egan for weeks - not sure why because I thought Sheff Utd would suffer second season syndrome and be relegated.

At the moment the team needs a bit of tidying up as I feel Ings (definite due to injury) and Robertson & Maxi need changing. Potentially a -8 but could set me up well coming back from the international break.

As he’s retired from internationals, there’s no real risk getting Vardy in after he plays this GW and he’ll be well rested coming back too.

Any suggestions for Saint Maxi/Robertson alternatives?

Would have 11.2 mil to spend between the two of them if I bring Vardy in for Ings.

Definitely don’t think you need to rush into a -8. You have a lot of players there who will play. Going to be a long 2 weeks with Internationals so wait it out & see who returns injured / Covid.

I’m guessing you want rid of Robertson to free up funds - you are a good defence.

Would you look at Vardy, then a 4.2/4.1 defender. (Kilman) and then using the 7mil on a Barnes, Maddison, Foden type player??

But again I think you can stretch changes over a few weeks with the squad you have

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Definitely don’t think you need to rush into a -8. You have a lot of players there who will play. Going to be a long 2 weeks with Internationals so wait it out & see who returns injured / Covid.

I’m guessing you want rid of Robertson to free up funds - you are a good defence.

Would you look at Vardy, then a 4.2/4.1 defender. (Kilman) and then using the 7mil on a Barnes, Maddison, Foden type player??

But again I think you can stretch changes over a few weeks with the squad you have

I had edited this to say I’m now thinking:

Edit: I'm now thinking Ziyech looks necessary after watching MOTD so I could go Maxi to Ziyech and Ings to Adams or Bamford, most likely Adams. Keep Robertson for now.

Watching MoTD and Ziyech looks a cut above. That would only be a -4. I’d take it as I think his price will sky rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some big decisions to be made. Ziyech, Bruno and KDB on the potential wishlist. Ziyech looks a steal at 8.1. And Son to Bruno/KDB looks an obvious one when you look at their respective fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lemlin wrote: »
    I had edited this to say I’m now thinking:

Watching MoTD and Ziyech looks a cut above. That would only be a -4. I’d take it as I think his price will sky rocket.

That’s the option. Adams is hitting the form we all thought he’d start season with. Bamford good option.

I own Ziyech... honestly i know it’s only 2 games but he is a dream to watch/own .. he creates so much

Plus you get to keep Robertson ... who is no dud & we all know will return double digits very soon

That’s the option. Adams is hitting the form we all thought he’d start season with. Bamford good option.

I own Ziyech... honestly i know it’s only 2 games but he is a dream to watch/own .. he creates so much

Plus you get to keep Robertson ... who is no dud & we all know will return double digits very soon

I think Adams is a better option than Bamford with Ings out. I don’t think Bamford will keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

All be in a different scenario, but remember last season (or maybe season before), everyone kept Alonso for that big double digit score that was due, and never came...

I kept faith with double pool defense for a long time, but with no VVD, their chances of keep clean sheets diminish, and hence getting a double digit score is a lot hard.

Que pool clean sheet with a goal from TAA free kick today after Robbo fouled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

OOP Kane out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Son out I'd say to Bruno. I think owning Kane or Son is enough and Kane looks to have more goals in him at the moment

siblers wrote: »
    Son out I'd say to Bruno. I think owning Kane or Son is enough and Kane looks to have more goals in him at the moment

I think that will be a very common move. I wonder is it worth doing early. As I could see son dropping 0.1 and Bruno rising 0.1 this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I think that will be a very common move. I wonder is it worth doing early. As I could see son dropping 0.1 and Bruno rising 0.1 this week?

I might do it early because I have the exact funds. Not ideal before an IB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think after 3 games in a row of Spurs looking really weak going forward, I'll be doing both Son and Kane out this week.

Yes I'm well aware that there is a real chance that Son and Kane start to perform and it ends up not being a successful move, but given that there is a surplus of quality attacking options who have better fixtures and some with better form, I don't think fear is a good reason to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see the argument for moving on Spurs attackers as their fixtures do turn. I have other fires to put out though and so I've done Saiss to Cresswell.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    I think after 3 games in a row of Spurs looking really weak going forward, I'll be doing both Son and Kane out this week.

Yes I'm well aware that there is a real chance that Son and Kane start to perform and it ends up not being a successful move, but given that there is a surplus of quality attacking options who have better fixtures and some with better form, I don't think fear is a good reason to hold.

I'll be doing the same. I think Vardy in for Kane will be a popular move in week 10.

There's a lot of good options in midfield to replace Son - Ziyech, Jota, Fernandes and Man City mids are the stand out options for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Rashford grealish out Bruno Jota in, done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'll be doing the same. I think Vardy in for Kane will be a popular move in week 10.

There's a lot of good options in midfield to replace Son - Ziyech, Jota, Fernandes and Man City mids are the stand out options for me.

let's be honest here - what form have Man City mids shown to date? Your predicting that they will become good, but unlike Zivech, Bruno and Jota they have no form.

Sterling has 2 goals and 1 assist in 7 games
    Foden has the same and is rotation risk
    KdB has 1 goal and 2 assist in 4 and a bit games
    Mahrez has 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games
    Torres has 1 assist
    The rest have done nothing.

If Jota starts today then he will be value going forward, but will be a rotation risk.

Advertisement