Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inesis Gear from Decathlon

Options
  • 06-11-2020 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

With the lockdown, have been browsing sites and decathlon have their own brand called "inesis".

Just wondering has anyone any experience of the brand. Seems reasonably priced and looks good.
    Might get some clothes for next year.

Any feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Nothing wrong with their gear, I have been buying it in France on holidays for ages and found them to be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

Their top spec golf ball is getting good reviews. This is from the guys at TXG,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAQGFhrp_OI&t=602s

Mygolfspy review alot of there stuff and generally get good reviews https://mygolfspy.com/?s=Inesis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Had their shorts for the summer and no complaints.
    Druids is another brand u should look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

The mygolfspy guys did a good write up on the company overall last year

https://mygolfspy.com/inesis-purposeful-simplicity/

I like the idea of it. They have about 50 different brands under the decathlon umbrella and leverage the developments in different areas to reduce costs across the board. So you get high quality at a reduced price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Think Levet was sponsored by these guys years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Bought some of their stuff on and off on holidays mostly in Portugal.

All decent stuff and very low prices.

The absolute winner are their tees. I bought a couple of bags of driver tees a few years ago. Theres about ten in a bag and they're unbreakable. Once or twice a year one flies off and I cant find it. Only for that I'd probably still be on tee one from the first bag. Either way still haven't opened the second bag.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I got a rangefinder from them last year, has everything a Bushnell etc has but half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

Bought some of their stuff on and off on holidays mostly in Portugal.

All decent stuff and very low prices.

The absolute winner are their tees. I bought a couple of bags of driver tees a few years ago. Theres about ten in a bag and they're unbreakable. Once or twice a year one flies off and I cant find it. Only for that I'd probably still be on tee one from the first bag. Either way still haven't opened the second bag.
    Serious? That's hilarious. I often joke when i lose a tee or give one to a partner that I'd had it for years, but you'd actually be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Serious? That's hilarious. I often joke when i lose a tee or give one to a partner that I'd had it for years, but you'd actually be serious.

The tees thing is a bit of an ongoing joke between myself and the regulars at this point.

But its true. Prefer them over all the other tees and I literally have them for years. On the downside (for Decathlon) its not much of a business model if people buy a bag of new tees every 3 years or so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anyone ordered trousers before? cant seem to choose a leg length just waist size?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

etxp wrote: »
    Anyone ordered trousers before? cant seem to choose a leg length just waist size?

Bought trousers, seemed long for what would be my waist size but a trip to the local alterations place and 8 quid later and I'd a fine fitting pants. 38 euro including alterations for a pants. The same style in McGurks, albeit it was Nike was 70.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I got a rangefinder from them last year, has everything a Bushnell etc has but half the price.

I have the rangefinder also, haven’t found it great, tendency to fog up and hard to get flag, have found the vibrate unnoticeable. Have I just got a bad one? All the reviews were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

copacetic wrote: »
    I have the rangefinder also, haven’t found it great, tendency to fog up and hard to get flag, have found the vibrate unnoticeable. Have I just got a bad one? All the reviews were great.

Brother got one, its decent but it doesn't have the scan feature my old nikkon has. Find it takes longer to get the flag as you have to press on it exactly

I rarely use it as i have a gps watch but wanted something to get distances to hazards etc. Never had any issues with it so far picking up anything including the pin, normally I'm a disaster with a rangefinder but found this one the easiest to use.

I rarely use it as i have a gps watch but wanted something to get distances to hazards etc. Never had any issues with it so far picking up anything including the pin, normally I'm a disaster with a rangefinder but found this one the easiest to use.

I use Hole19 with Apple Watch for distances, tend to get it out on tricky pins or large greens, but usually then in a hurry and find it slow, especially 150 plus with trees behind green. Which is mostly when I need it. Possibly need to practice with it a bit more or start using in on every hole

copacetic wrote: »
    I use Hole19 with Apple Watch for distances, tend to get it out on tricky pins or large greens, but usually then in a hurry and find it slow, especially 150 plus with trees behind green. Which is mostly when I need it. Possibly need to practice with it a bit more or start using in on every hole

how do you find the apple watch? I tried it and only lasted half a round. Had to connect to my phone and it drained the battery something shocking. Is there any other way of using it?

how do you find the apple watch? I tried it and only lasted half a round. Had to connect to my phone and it drained the battery something shocking. Is there any other way of using it?

Works mostly perfectly and hardly affects battery at all for me (using phone for gps) only issue I’ve had is about once or twice a round it won’t update yardages for a minute or two so could be stuck on a certain shot with a bad yardage. Usually it’s obvious enough. Using Hole19 I’d never take phone out of my pocket, everything on the watch and if playing casual I score and do stats on the watch too. Quickest way by far, yardages are almost always bang on with trolley gps, and other gps of playing partners.

Have read that using watch gps kills battery, or having phone hidden away in bag can cause constant reconnection draining battery too. Not seen that second issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

A friend of mine had the inesis range finder so we compared it to my bushnell, it was maybe 2m out over 130m so good from that point of view.
    however, it was pretty hard to get it to pickup the flag, and only that we had my bushnell we would have been lasering the trees behind the green.

The fact that it doesnt lock on the closes number is poor, means you have to have a steady hand, especially from far away.

Advertisement