Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bledisloe Cup 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Another terrible pass from the 10....he needs to get the curly finger asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Basil3 wrote: »
    Fullback is the last place for someone who makes bad decisions

That depends on what type of bad decisions.....
    Petaia has allot to think about at 13- when to pass, run or kick and then organise defense.
    Stockdale is at FB and I wouldn’t dream of putting him at 13 because he is a liability.
    Petaia at FB is amazing in the air and with ball in hand he also reads the game well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,060 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah jaysus noah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ah jaysus noah

Cringey now.

CMcsporty wrote: »
    That depends on what type of bad decisions.....
    Petaia has allot to think about at 13- when to pass, run or kick and then organise defense.
    Stockdale is at FB and I wouldn’t dream of putting him at 13 because he is a liability.
    Petaia at FB is amazing in the air and with ball in hand he also reads the game well.

Playing outside tomoua is perfect for petaia.

Today he has a debutant inside.

He has shown enough in this second half why 13 is better for him

• Advertisement

It's really descending into farce at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The amount of unforced handling errors in this game is making it a complete mess.

That's a disgraceful first phase try for any test team to conceded

But then again, it is hanigan at 6

Jordie's try very Beauden-esque there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Far far too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The video review for Australia will be painful. Their defense has been ridiculously poor for an international team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Has Rennie sat the team down and said "You know those 10-20% offloads? Go for them every. Single. Time"

It's unbelievably stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Wear gumsheilds kids

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Frizzell was basically static, bent over, arm by hip. Tough call IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

stephen_n wrote: »
    The video review for Australia will be painful. Their defense has been ridiculously poor for an international team.

I’m not sure if it’s because they play NZ so often, but I’ve never seen a Tier 1 international team (bar Italy) have so many days where they don’t front up in the tackle. Seem to just drop off one on tackles so often.

• Administrators Posts: 53,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The amount of stupid offload attempts by Australia was incredible.

Was an inexperienced Oz side. Rennie probably gave them freedom to play but they weren't smart enough to reign in. Then again, I'm sure they have all played in the wet before...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    But then again, it is hanigan at 6

Apologies ned, it was mcreight that scrummed blind there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Happy with that. Great start to Super Saturday. Got a few Mitre 10 Cup matches recorded to fill in the time till the 6 Nations kick off, loads of beer in fridge along with leftover pasta and a few new bottles of whiskey for dessert. I love lockdown!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Wouldn't fancy Irelands chances against a NZ side in that form...although it was a young naïve Wallabies side they battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Happy with that. Great start to Super Saturday. Got a few Mitre 10 Cup matches recorded to fill in the time till the 6 Nations kick off, loads of beer in fridge along with leftover pasta and a few new bottles of whiskey for dessert. I love lockdown!!!

Lucky phecker.
    If you strategise correctly, you could be inebriated 3 separate times today.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Lucky phecker.
    If you strategise correctly, you could be inebriated 3 separate times today.

The wife was warned early in the week that Saturday was going to be rugby only. I would be doing nothing else.

It's a dead rubber game but anyone who watched any SR this year will be excited to see Akira Ioane debuting at 6 and Will Jordan debuting on the bench for the final game. Two excitement machines, though Akira can drift in and out (which is probably what held him back for so long).

hahashake wrote: »
    It's a dead rubber game but anyone who watched any SR this year will be excited to see Akira Ioane debuting at 6 and Will Jordan debuting on the bench for the final game. Two excitement machines, though Akira can drift in and out (which is probably what held him back for so long).

cant believe akira is only making his debut now.
    he has carried that blues team for at least 3 years before this season.
    he will be absolutely chomping to prove a point

Australia are giving a debut to a 23 yo blind side in swinton to Tom wright on the wing.
    20 yo harry wilson has 3 caps at 8.
    Paisami at 12 and Petaia at 13 both have 2 caps.
    Tom Banks at full back is almost considered an elder player with a grand total of 4 caps already.
    on the bench you have uncapped angus bell, twice capped liam wright, single capped tate mcdermott and Noah Lolesio, with dangunu with 3 caps.
    so all these 11 players together have a grand total of 18 caps
    not to mention Reece Hodge plays his first game for the aussies at out half.

Thats an incredible level of inexperience and i think this could turn even more ugly than last saturday

I guess Rennie wants to build his team from the ground up, but yes it could get ugly.

On the ABs side, Asafo Aumua and Cullen Grace are also debuting off the bench. Aumua is also an excitement machine, think Laumape as a hooker (the Canes/Wellington tend to produce a lot of attacking hookers, Tyrone Thompson is another coming through). Grace is a workhorse, wasn't overly impressed by him but obviously his metrics are good. So could be a rusty game from both sides.

Here's hoping it's a good watch, Suncorp is a great ground for Rugby (of either code).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Delighted to see Akira get a chance, probably the best back row in the world who hasn't played test rugby. Surprised they moved Ardie to 8 though and didn't just slot Akira in there.

Akira has a tonne of ability but there was issues with his work rate I fitness that kept him from making the ABs. At least thats what I heard from rugby people back home. He was being given work ons by the AB management and it has only been this year that he has done them. He did get called up in 2017 abd played against the French XV in a mid week match.

Grace is one that there was a lot of talk about earlier in the year. Absolute work horse.

Really looking forward to seeing Aumua. The highlights package of him when he was playing under 20s is incredible. Think he got a hat trick in the final.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Akira has a tonne of ability but there was issues with his work rate I fitness that kept him from making the ABs. At least thats what I heard from rugby people back home. He was being given work ons by the AB management and it has only been this year that he has done them. He did get called up in 2017 abd played against the French XV in a mid week match.

Grace is one that there was a lot of talk about earlier in the year. Absolute work horse.

Really looking forward to seeing Aumua. The highlights package of him when he was playing under 20s is incredible. Think he got a hat trick in the final.

He was incredible to watch that year. Glad he's finally made the step up.

Any idea what happened to the 10 from that side. I think his name was Falcon.

• Advertisement

Tiaan falcon.

Missed all of super rugby 2019 with a blown achilles....which should have been his break through year, after 3 chiefs caps in 2018. Only made one appearance for the chiefs in 2020 and is off to Japan now.

Advertisement