Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many lights for a Christmas Tree

• 04-11-2020 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi

So I am looking at fairy lights and I am wondering how many lights would be ideal for a 6ft Christmas Tree. I do like it to be nicely lite.

Would 500led or 700leds be best?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

700!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

LoopyL wrote: »
    Hi

So I am looking at fairy lights and I am wondering how many lights would be ideal for a 6ft Christmas Tree. I do like it to be nicely lite.

Would 500led or 700leds be best?

Thanks!

As many as you can feasibly fit on. Then throw on an extra set for good luck :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The usual rule of thumb is 100 lights per foot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have 1,500 lights on mine- they are compact lights and barely cover my slim 7.5 ft tree! :D

Posy wrote: »
    I have 1,500 lights on mine- they are compact lights and barely cover my slim 7.5 ft tree! :D

Hope you don't live near an airport :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haha, they are only little twinkle lights so I don't think the tree can be seen from space. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

At least 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother always says you can never have enough lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

500 is enough unless you like tying yourself in knots with the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

As kid it was like a competition in school as to how many lights we had on our tree. I think less is more now.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Haha, they are only little twinkle lights so I don't think the tree can be seen from space. :pac:

Then you don't have enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

we have a 7ft tree & we put 1000 warm white LED's on it. We also have a 6ft slim tree that we put about 600 (of the same type) on. The big one could be visible from space if we didnt have a roof over it, the slim one gives off a nice warm glow. It boils down to taste really.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My slim 7 footer has a nice glow with 300 tiny white twinkle lights. I can't imagine what double or triple that would be like, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

https://www.admiral.com/xmas-tree-calculator

This will tell you how many baubles and lights you need. Not a perfect science, but will give you a fair idea.
    Handy for someone like me that bought a new bigger tree and decorations this year, and didn't really have a clue if I had enough.
    I guess the true test will be the day I decorate it :)

Advertisement