Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Definitely starting to take longer,ordered something yesterday and today...both prine and both won't be here until November 9th.

Got an An Post delivery today (Sunday) ...an Amazon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm finding that I'm getting delivery dates that are about a week out, but I'm getting them in a day or two.

I ordered something Friday evening, it was expected to arrive the following Thursday, but it arrived Sunday.

I'm finding that I'm getting delivery dates that are about a week out, but I'm getting them in a day or two.

I ordered something Friday evening, it was expected to arrive the following Thursday, but it arrived Sunday.

Actually that's just happened, ordered Saturday....said delivery next Monday but arrived today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Looks like my Amazon Logistics fulfilled order from the other day has gotten lost after the driver couldn’t locate my address. Only option I was given when I spoke to customer support was a refund. No option to reschedule delivery etc.

Separate to this, I received a duplicate order, was attempting to return it, the person I spoke to had no way to generate a return label because I am in Ireland.

Previously they would have used An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Separate to this, I received a duplicate order, was attempting to return it, the person I spoke to had no way to generate a return label because I am in Ireland.

Previously they would have used An Post.

I spent two hours on to numerous customer services agents last night but finally got issued with a postage paid return label for a faulty item. They had previously sent out a replacement and a pay for postage label, my argument was that it was not my fault I had to return the original one. Interestingly the original label had a UK address, the prepaid one (which numerous agents told me they couldn't generate) is to An Post in Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Caranica wrote: »
    I spent two hours on to numerous customer services agents last night but finally got issued with a postage paid return label for a faulty item. They had previously sent out a replacement and a pay for postage label, my argument was that it was not my fault I had to return the original one. Interestingly the original label had a UK address, the prepaid one (which numerous agents told me they couldn't generate) is to An Post in Portlaoise.

The lady gave up after a few mins and said to keep the duplicate items. Will keep an eye on my card to ensure I am not charged again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Got my first 2 deliveries by Amazon Logistics yesterday and today. I live near Blanchardstown but their mapping software tells the drivers I’m in Carrickmines, even though my Eircode was included. Both times the drivers called and said they were outside my house but were actually on the other side of Dublin. They’ve assured me it’s fixed now but the driver today told me their mapping software was “sh**e”.

I tracked a package recently and it had me wondering what route planner, if any, they used.

I started tracking it in the afternoon when I could see it was less than 10 minutes from my house. It subsequently travelled all over my side of the city, up to a half hour away, before coming back this direction hours later. Just when I thought I was about to receive it when it went through the adjacent area, the driver went back to the depot at about 8:30 with the package. In doing so, they drove past the entrance to my road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hurrache wrote: »
    I tracked a package recently and it had me wondering what route planner, if any, they used.

I started tracking it in the afternoon when I could see it was less than 10 minutes from my house. It subsequently travelled all over my side of the city, up to a half hour away, before coming back this direction hours later. Just when I thought I was about to receive it when it went through the adjacent area, the driver went back to the depot at about 8:30 with the package. In doing so, they drove past the entrance to my road.

Similar thing happened today. Showed the package as being 6 stops away and located in the estate next to mine.

Seemed to pander around there for a good long time. Then went off in the opposite direction to me. Spent time there. Returned to the estate next to mine. More waiting, then off again and finally to my estate.

Probably eircodes confusing the sh*t out of them considering there's very little rhyme nor reason to the way they are structured.

Oh, was meant to add, the number of stops never changed all day. Don't think it did with another delivery by them either.

How do they decide who to use? I've a bigger package on the way but that's with An Post, the last 3 were with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Hurrache wrote: »
    How do they decide who to use? .

I'd love to know .

Someone I know who works in a An Post delivery office recently ordered 3 items and put down the office as the delivery point figuring they would get the items when they came in as they had done in the past .

Instead amazon 3 times sent one of their couriers to the office to deliver the items .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I don't know what's going on with Amazon deliveries at the moment. I've got one item coming through An Post, their tracking cannot find it but should be here soon although it has been lying in some warehouse in UK for almost two days now according to Amazon tracking. Another one coming through them, finally left but no idea where it is and it took several days for it to leave. And then I've got another order that has been sitting at Amazon for two days now without any updates even though the products were in stock.

The orders I made a week or two ago all arrived fairly quickly (An Post and Amazon delivery) and now it seems everything is just stuck with nothing much happening.

Is it the lockdown in UK approaching, phase 5 here or what? Anyone else have a feeling it's just getting more difficult to do online shopping with the delivery times getting longer and longer?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

An Post tracking doesn't start until An Post receive it. Both organisations are becoming more obtuse as it goes along. Amazon tell you its dispatched even if its going from an Amazon Italy fulfilment centre to Amazon Germany and then through a few in the UK. Depite them giving you the An Post tracking number. It could be 3/4 day before An Post see it. I noticed last night that An Post are back up to 3 working days on the arrival text, despite getting it here next day most times. Also, they aren't updating the tracking a lot of the time - I have one notified yesterday, according to the tracking its still in Dublin sorting office, yet its sitting on my desk. Happening with quite a lot over the last 2 weeks.

I don't know what's going on with Amazon deliveries at the moment. I've got one item coming through An Post, their tracking cannot find it but should be here soon although it has been lying in some warehouse in UK for almost two days now according to Amazon tracking. Another one coming through them, finally left but no idea where it is and it took several days for it to leave. And then I've got another order that has been sitting at Amazon for two days now without any updates even though the products were in stock.

The orders I made a week or two ago all arrived fairly quickly (An Post and Amazon delivery) and now it seems everything is just stuck with nothing much happening.

Is it the lockdown in UK approaching, phase 5 here or what? Anyone else have a feeling it's just getting more difficult to do online shopping with the delivery times getting longer and longer?

Cross posting from another thread. Mines the same, left Merseyside at around 4am Monday and that's the last update, An Post don't have it on their system, and it was scheduled for delivery today.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    Also, they aren't updating the tracking a lot of the time - I have one notified yesterday, according to the tracking its still in Dublin sorting office, yet its sitting on my desk. Happening with quite a lot over the last 2 weeks.

Same here, parcel delivered today despite no update from An Post that it had left their sorting office until around the time it was delivered, tracker saying it's now out for delivery.

We've been trying to figure out how Amazon chooses which courier to use but still no idea. Stuff you'd think they'd deliver themselves come via An Post and vice versa.

Going slightly off topic but if I could just figure out how to make online shopping easier for customers, I'd be a millionaire. I wonder how many hours I've spent in the past year ordering stuff, trying to get all the needed info for the seller for the delivery, tracking the delivery, spending time frozen in my window, calling/messaging the courier firms, organising new delivery times, explaining where my house is, searching for the parcel located "in a safe place"... It cannot be this difficult in 2020, can it?

I must say An Post has been the one giving me the least trouble. Ok, so lately they've tried to cram everything they possible can through the letterbox but everything has arrived safely and pretty much on time. Only had one delivery yet by Amazon and it went ok so luckily I don't have bad experiences with them (and hope I won't).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had to buy a bath plug for £3. They shipped it via UPS.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whiterebel wrote: »
    I had to buy a bath plug for £3. They shipped it via UPS.....:confused:

SanDisk use UPS for RMA. Massive envelopes back and forward for an item the size of s 5c coin.

Last mile choice is probably just based on load/capacity and not any kind of interpretation of addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

Ordered an item from Amazon on Tuesday last week on a limited time deal. It was intended as a birthday gift for a relative, which admittedly I was a bit late in getting. Delivery was expected Monday this week but it didn't come, and the tracking hasn't been updated since it was disptached from Fife on Thursday. Got on to the customer service chat and they've said it's lost, likely won't arrive and issued a refund. Unfortunately the deal since ended and it'll now cost me over twice the price, as well as being a late gift.

I know obviously postage and delivery is especially mad at the moment and I'm not expecting something for nothing but I can't help feeling a bit short-changed here. Have to say after the experiences mentioned here and my own one I'd be a bit wary of depending on Amazon now coming close to Christmas, if there was any alternative.

I just ordered two products, I have prime. No prime delivery available. One saying delivery 12 November, the other 16 November. Hope they arrive much sooner than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭TheChizler

wandererz wrote: »
    Probably eircodes confusing the sh*t out of them considering there's very little rhyme nor reason to the way they are structured.
    They're not designed to have a structured looking format, under the hood the system is entirely structured. Amazon obviously aren't using Eircode as their primary lookup tool, if using it at all.

Rumour has it there is 200,000 parcels banked up at Dublin Port as the An Post depots can't accept any more (they are jammed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Got this in an email from Amazon. I am guessing they singled out the product for its popularity and the potential number of issues related to having it routed through Parcel Motel by Irish customers:
    "We noticed that you may have used a freight forwarder when you ordered your Xbox Series X.
     We’re pleased to confirm that this item is now available for delivery to addresses in the Republic of Ireland.
     You can update your orders delivery address to an Irish address by following these steps:"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Had a package from Amazon left at the front door during the week, driver rang the door bell and headed back to the van. I opened the door to find the unexpected item with a name and address that wasn't mine, the house number and general estate was correct but that's it.

Driver was still in the van sorting packages so returned it and said he was in the wrong area and had the incorrect address. Wonder how many similar packages are incorrectly delivered and kept since no signatures required upon receipt so near impossible to prove where it was delivered?

Rumour has it there is 200,000 parcels banked up at Dublin Port as the An Post depots can't accept any more (they are jammed).

Wow, where does this come from? :eek:

Had an An Post delivery yesterday. Got two other parcels delivered by Amazon still somewhere. One is due today but no sign of it yet and another one is somewhere last seen in Germany. And one has been waiting to be dispatched since Monday. We'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Heard this too. Also shown a video of trucks backed up outside a depot waiting to be unloaded. How normal this is I dont know.

Ordered 2 things Thursday, one yesterday. All due 12-16 November when I ordered. All dispatched and arriving "Monday" so likely tomorrow. All delivered by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭wandererz

OK, this is seriously cool for Ireland.

Ordered something at 6.45am this morning.
    Amazon says delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

They probably have it stocked in their Rathcoole (or whatever) warehouse and hence can provide next day delivery in the Dublin area.

Happy days!... If it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Ordered a watch for my niece for her birthday and had it delivered directly to her. Package was damaged when it arrived and watch missing. No problem says Amazon, another one is on the way. Arrives today, package intact but watch missing from box (i.e. empty case). Again, Amazon says very sorry, we'll send another. What's going on? Having it sent straight to me this time so I can check straight away and refuse delivery. They have said they'll refund me if the third one doesn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

They probably have it stocked in their Rathcoole (or whatever) warehouse and hence can provide next day delivery in the Dublin area.

I ordered something today 3 PM, arriving 16 Nov - prime item but no prime for Ireland
    I ordered something 1 Nov, delivered 7th (on a Sat by Anpost)- prime item but no prime for Ireland
    I ordered something else 1 Nov, estimated delivery today, but only a message that it is delayed came today. Prime item, but no prime for Ireland
    I ordered something 27 Oct, nothing delivered, it is lost (got refund.. )prime item but no prime for Ireland

So not so seriously cool for me I must say. I complained but got the line : Not everything is applicable to Prime delivery in Ireland versus UK..
    Strange, since I have always had 2 day delivery until Covid started... I understand it has (had) an impact, but no way I keep paying £7.99 per month for no benefit..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nothing is stocked in Ireland, its just a sorting office here. Your item is being flown overnight from Manchester or Birmingham.

Using it in the UK is super nice, ordered a new phone at 10PM and it was in the Doddle location at 8.30AM the next morning. We're edging closer to that.

• Advertisement

I understand it has (had) an impact, but no way I keep paying £7.99 per month for no benefit..

Give the volume of packages we get, rhe free postage alone covers that fee. By and large we get 2 day or faster delivery, unless an item is out of stock and it tells you the expected date of delivery before ordering.

Advertisement