Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staking CryptoCurrency

Options
  • 30-08-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Staking cryptocurrency means you are holding cryptocurrency to verify transactions and support the network. In exchange for holding the crypto and strengthen the network, you will receive a reward. With staking you can generate a passive income by holding coins.

These are the coins I'm staking at the moment.

MATIC reward is 35%

ONT reward is 5% down from 16%

What are Boardies staking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

VET, ALGO, XTZ & SXP at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Tezos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

CRO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

RasTa wrote: »
    Tezos

Axion next month when its live. Passive income is one of its main aims. A high interest, time locked savings account.

XIO also when their flash staking app is launched next month. Staking rewards are paid out up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Speculator wrote: »
    Staking cryptocurrency means you are holding cryptocurrency to verify transactions and support the network. In exchange for holding the crypto and strengthen the network, you will receive a reward. You can also call the an interest. With staking you can generate a passive income by holding coins.

MATIC reward is 35%

You will have to try harder than this Revenue Commissioners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Speculator wrote: »
    Staking cryptocurrency means you are holding cryptocurrency to verify transactions and support the network. In exchange for holding the crypto and strengthen the network, you will receive a reward. You can also call the an interest. With staking you can generate a passive income by holding coins.

MATIC reward is 35%

Not staking at the moment, but I have BAND and KAVA and thinking it might be a good way to hedge if the market gets a bit bumpy for Alts in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Staking meh. Masternoding is where it's been at for the last few years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

any stakers out there, you can now stake your Zilliqa on the ATOMIC wallet for up to 29% returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    any stakers out there, you can now stake your Zilliqa on the ATOMIC wallet for up to 29% returns

I offloaded my ZIL a few months ago.

I'll be staking my Axion come Monday morning. Staking is a guaranteed 8% (but that is based on 100% of tokens being staked). If 50% of tokens are staked the rate becomes 16% and so on. Additional interest is gained on the big pay day dates also for those who are staked for 350+ days. Earlier stakes get a better share rate of BPD's.

There are huge penalties for ending a stake early (50% I believe). So it's a big incentive for people to stick with their commited stake length rather than break out early of the price jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Been staking my Matic past 3 months. Been great passive income and at 30% apr can’t go wrong. Celsius network are offering 16% I think atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

How is 30% staking rewards feasible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Been staking my Matic past 3 months. Been great passive income and at 30% apr can’t go wrong. Celsius network are offering 16% I think atm.

Where are you buying Matic?

Irish_rat wrote: »

It’s not always going to be 30%. It will be much much lower as more people stake on it. Matic is backed by Coinbase and already on Coinbase custody so it ain’t some scam.

Where are you buying Matic?

Crypto.com is cheapest. Can buy also buy on binance,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Irish_rat wrote: »

It's an artificial token creating more artificial tokens, the staking rewards can be whatever they want.

Obviously a project needs to put all sorts of mechanisms to discourage token holders from selling and diluting the value of the extra tokens being created - some do a better job of this than others.

Advertisement