Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Gas in Woodquay = Gone Gas :(

Options
  • 29-10-2020 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Is Great Gas in Woodquay shut down for good or being renovated or something does anybody know?!:( Drove in the other day to find the Pumps have vanished! Couldn't believe it. Always the cheapest fuel in town! There's no other place as cheap! Maybe that's why they're closed down!:eek: Can't believe they're gone. Their counterpart in Claregalway is still open as far as I know.

2nd cheapest after Woodquay used to be the place out in Westside at Dunnes Stores / McDonalds. But they havn't been cheap in a long time...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not listed on thier website now, or was it ever listed ?

Google maps says "Permanently closed"

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

bit of a shock alright, i wonder if it will reopen again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That was unmanned right? Or at least part-time. Been a long time since I was in the city

The unmanned ones are being rebranded to Certa to match the stations the owner bought off Tesco. Probably re-open after getting newer pumps etc in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

L1011 wrote: »
    That was unmanned right? Or at least part-time. Been a long time since I was in the city

Used to be manned, then semi manned, then unmanned for the past year or so.

Often found Applegreen to be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

bohermore is cheapest lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Always questioned woodquay, great for a car wash but was wary of what was in the fuel. Through no speculation other than my own, Outside of woodquay bothermore is the cheapest, then apple green tuam rd. Lough atalia cirlcle K is sometimes good but they change there prices throughout the day so its hard to know

Advertisement