Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did you decide to be vegan (Mod Warning)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

EvanFahy wrote: »
    A nutritious bird compared to the ones raised in confinement houses.

Your birds will have a higher amount of poly-unsaturated fat. Do you notice that your birds fat is more yellowish than a bird from the supermarket?

How many birds did you raise?

Fat was yellow. Raised 21 this year as a test run. Reckon on 15 per batch which can be processed without the need of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EvanFahy

Do you reckon some of these are paid posters ? Paid by the industry to shut down positive conversations ?

I have been open and have even encouraged fair conversation on this forum.

Another personal attack, I have been noting but respectful to other posters on this forum and have been open to what they have to say.

You’re too young and boisterous to understand it’s not an attack.

You’re 16 Evan. Thant makes you a child whether you like it or not.

It’s the same advice i give to my nieces. It’s not condescending or a personal attack.

It’s bloody good solid advice. As a child you need your sleep.

In years to come you’ll look back on being a child as the best years of your life.

Don’t try to be an adult before you are. Enjoy being a child. I miss those years like nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭con747

gozunda wrote: »
    Going by that logic - no one who works should ever post on boards. But to be fair its just more of the anti farming sthick I see used by a very small number. It doesn't reflect well those posters at all imo.

I lived on a farm most of my youth, I know how much time we had per day free. It must have become automated since then.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I have been open and have even encouraged fair conversation on this forum.

Tbh I thought your opening question a fair one. And It could have been an interesting discussion right up you when you were attacked five posts in.Then the thread went pear shaped.

Though I wouldn't be too worried Evan. This is part of the course and sadly not all that unusual. It simply means a small number cant argue with what has been posted and start flinging ****e instead. Its really not a good look tbh.

• Advertisement

Tbh - I thought your opening question a fair one. It could have been an interesting discussion...

Though I wouldn't be too worried Evan. This is part of the course and sadly not all that unusual. It simply means a small number cant argue with what has been posted and start flinging ****e instead. Its really not a good look tbh.

So why don't you and the rest feck off back to the farmers forums and leave the people here who clearly want nothing to do with you alone then lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

con747 wrote: »
    So why don't you and the rest feck off back to the farmers forums and leave the people here who clearly want nothing to do with you alone then lads?

Con 747 and klopp.both of ye are not doing yourselves any favours.

I lived on a farm most of my youth, I know how much time we had per day free. It must have become automated since then.

You question whether some posters are farmers because they have the audacity to post here in reply to farming related comments ...

And then claim yourself to have a farming background lol..

Yeah I've seen that alluded to previously. As I said with your logic no one should be posting. But that seems to be the idea. Shut down discussion eh. Fukin farmers eh?

I'm going nowhere.im entitled to my views and I'm entitled to challenge others Ina respect manner.

You question whether some posters are farmers because they have the audacity to post here in reply to farming related comments ...

And then claim yourself to have a farming background lol..

Yeah I've seen that alluded to previously. As I said with your logic no one shoukd be posting. But that seems to be the idea. Shut down discussion eh. Fukin farmers eh?

Obviously some people on here are just trolls. Not all you great keyboard farmers now. Other people.

• Advertisement

I would be surprised if the few " Keyboard" farmers posting on here actually are real farmers. I would imagine their farms would need a bit of farming to be done while they are on here talking manure all day most days.

Con ur coming across very bitter in that nasty post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Jesus Christ. Farmers should just be banned from posting in this forum. No one is ever going to agree on anything. Our views and even the different schools of science we believe in will always be at odds. Beef and dairy are always going to be in demand regardless of a few veggies posting on a forum, you're not going to lose any money lads, relax.

richie123 wrote: »
    Con ur coming across very bitter in that nasty post.

It must be all the manure I can smell from certain posters affecting me.

Con 747 and klopp.both of ye are not doing yourselves any favours.

How so ?

How so ?

I think the only solution is to leave them get bored by not bothering to engage in their little wind up the vegans game. They can just chat among themselves then about mart prices or whatever. Signing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes. Why did I take the bait ffs. Adios.

Jesus Christ. Farmers should just be banned from posting in this forum. No one is ever going to agree on anything. Our views and even the different schools of science we believe in will always be at odds. Beef and dairy are always going to be in demand regardless of a few veggies posting on a forum, you're not going to lose any money lads, relax.

Should be 'banned' now eh. I'd say the aim of the previous little last tirade was to do just that. Tbf the 'farmers' are not the majority throwing insults. And Thelonious. It's a discussion - there's no money involved, relax ;),

This is definitely my new favourite thing and hopefully the current or new moderators take heed -

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021522/1/#post111460118

This is definitely my new favourite thing and hopefully the current or new moderators take heed -

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021522/1/#post111460118

Well you or con 747 point out anything disrespectful said in this thread about vegans?

Well you or con 747 point out anything disrespectful said in this thread about vegans?

So you ask questions but don’t answer them ?

• Advertisement

So you ask questions but don’t answer them ?

Very hard respond to people who just want me silenced.
    Fair enough if I was being nasty
    If people can't handle tough questions without losing the plot thats something they should address themselves.
    Calling on new moderators and thread to be banned is not the way to go about it.
    What con747 said was downright nasty.

If people can't handle tough questions without losing the plot thats something they should address themselves.
    Calling on new moderators and thread to be banned is not the way to go about it.

Absolutely no idea what you’re on about now.

I was referring to your post -

‘ Con 747 and klopp.both of ye are not doing yourselves any favours.’

I asked you to explain what you meant.

Richie - you're not wrong. But tbh I wouldn’t bother. Its just more of the same. Nothing more.

Ha. God love ye.

Victims now are ye ?

Well feel free to post elsewhere.

Ha. God love ye.

Victims now are ye ?

Well feel free to post elsewhere.

I won't be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

From the get go we all knew this was a baiting thread.
    But as vegans we advocate an alternative to the status quo which exploits sentient life. We have to refute the aged traditional narratives and highlight the unnecessary and harmful consumption of animals that only want to live, to minimise the needless suffering, and minimise individual impact on the planet for future generations.

auspicious wrote: »
    From the get go we all knew this was a baiting thread.
    But as vegans we advocate an alternative to the status quo which exploits sentient life. We have to refute the aged traditional narratives and highlight the unnecessary and harmful consumption of animals that only want to live, to minimise the needless suffering, and minimise individual impact on the planet for future generations.

Absolutely disagree.
    You need to be able to back up your arguments and engage with people constructively who have a different point of view.
    Not try to silence them.

You need to be able to back up your arguments and engage with people constructively who have a different point of view.
    Not try to silence them.

True. The OP asked a question. And I think yes people are interested. Unfortunately the thread has been deliberately derailed several times now by the same small number of posters dickisk behaviour. The same ironically crying about moderation. That said - thanks to those who did reply with genuine comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

Why did I decide to be vegan?

Not strongly for health reasons as the dietary advice to consume wholefoods and hardly any meat and dairy, ideally no processed pork whatsoever, apply to meat eaters and vegans. Maybe if it was for health reasons I would be in better shape!

It's a pretty simple reason; paying for an animal to be slaughtered and butchered is horrific. I have always had a dog growing up, grandparents were dairy and sheep farmers (now just beef), but I never didn't like the animals - I would have always considered myself an animal lover. There is a cognitive dissonance between calling oneself an animal lover yet eating them. I'm not sure what eventually triggered it for me, but I cannot reconcile being an animal lover and eating them at the same time.

Pigs are incredibly smart animals and very cute, harmless creatures. Similarly, I remember feeding the little lambs as I held them in my arms, so cute and beautiful. Completely harmless and affectionate, sentient creatures. It sickens me that people would have them slaughtered just to eat them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Absolutely disagree.
    Not try to silence them.

I don't know how you got that from what I posted. I was actually saying the opposite. If you can't interpret simple english then there is no point is there? And the fact that you got a like says it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement