Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did you decide to be vegan (Mod Warning)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jh79 wrote: »
    For most additives in processed food there is little evidence that they are responsible for ill effects. Probably more correct to say the high salt and sugar in food is bad for you. If you put loads of salt on your meat it's just as bad for you as a ready meal. Bacon and other cured meats are probably worse than a ready meal.

No not on about 'additives'. Referring to highly processed foods (ultra-processed) and claims that these highly processed / synthesised products being 'better' or 'good for the environment' or other vague sentiments

But yes you would be correct in that processed foods such as cured meats etc also contain significant amounts of salt etc. I believe it was originally done as a means of preservation. Dont see anyone pushing them as healthy tbf.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I would like you to be a mod Klopp. On the ball with the antics in here

Thanks for the Humour Unearthly :D

And no I don't mean that moderation is in anyway a joke - the exact opposite in fact ...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

You posted this.

'Vegans don't know what they want.
    There clueless and live very sheltered lives'

Get the feck out with out your blatant lying

Well true ..I should have first said a small minority..but unfortunately that small minority are the ones that shout the loudest.apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 meggiemegmeg

I went vegan because I really believe eating more vegetables is healthier than eating meat. I didn’t do it for any reason other than that. I didn’t need to eat as much meat as I was eating. I used to have meat every day for my dinner, loved butter and cheese, drank cups of milk. I don’t talk about it much though. Some friends and work colleagues wouldn’t even know I am vegan.

I went vegan because I really believe eating more vegetables is healthier than eating meat. I didn’t do it for any reason other than that. I didn’t need to eat as much meat as I was eating. I used to have meat every day for my dinner, loved butter and cheese, drank cups of milk. I don’t talk about it much though. Some friends and work colleagues wouldn’t even know I am vegan.

Would it be true to say that vegans actually live longer?some of recent studies I've looked at seem to suggest longer lifespans for vegans can any one elaborate on this ?
    Kills me to say it but if there the results so be it.

• Advertisement

But don't you have ever growing markets in China etc where demand keeps rising? Meat and dairy is very much part of culture in Ireland and Europe, I can't see how a few vegans will affect farmer's business.

The vegan food market is growing rapidly.
    There's people eating vegan products who are not even vegan.
    I'd say give it 10 15 years and eating meat could be a thing of the past

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

richie123 wrote: »
    The vegan food market is growing rapidly.
    There's people eating vegan products who are not even vegan.
    I'd say give it 10 15 years and eating meat could be a thing of the past

I don't think so, as China and other countries grow their middle classes they're consuming more and more beef, I think you'll be fine.
    Maybe consumption will drop a little in Europe but I'm sure you'll still have an enormous market for it.
    Also I'm sure you eat some vegan products yourself, like beans, lentils, potatoes etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'm not quite sure you are a vegan if your only other post on boards is going on about all the chocolate you have in your press

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Would it be true to say that vegans actually live longer?some of recent studies I've looked at seem to suggest longer lifespans for vegans can any one elaborate on this ?

Vegans tend to be generally more health conscious so maybe it’s that. There are loads of unhealthy vegans out there.

I don't think so, as China and other countries grow their middle classes they're consuming more and more beef, I think you'll be fine.
    Maybe consumption will drop a little in Europe but I'm sure you'll still have an enormous market for it.
    Also I'm sure you eat some vegan products yourself, like beans, lentils, potatoes etc!

The Chinese are consuming more of everything and buy most of their soybeans and soy oil and meat from Brazil. They've bought up large areas of land in Australia and elsewhere. I somehow think they dont have much thought for anyone tbf.

And nah don't be daft they're not vegan 'products'. That's called food :pac: Omnivores have eaten that stuff since the dawn of farming and even before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EvanFahy

While early studies did suggest a survival advantage for vegetarians and vegans, more recent and much higher-quality evidence has found no difference in lifespan between omnivores and vegetarians and vegans.

This is the conclusion of the largest report I could find on the subject, their was over 265,000 participants that took part

Here is a link to the paper:https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Vegetarian-diet-and-all-cause-mortality%3A-Evidence-a-Mihrshahi-Ding/9b08642465afab42b351ee9ff5b22a0a87ed9520?p2df

*When you click on the link make sure you click on 'Expand Abstract' to read the results.

I would like you to be a mod Klopp. On the ball with the antics in here

You would be my second choice.

Hullabaloo would be my first choice. Takes zero ****. Spots a wind-up a mile away. An active and competent moderator. Heavily involved.

This is from a thread when Gozunda hadn’t a clue what he was talking about.

Tried his usual gaslighting tactics. All his posts were removed and was not allowed to post in the thread again.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021522/1/#post111460118

So my first choice would be Hullabaloo. Then your good self.

Can we make this happen ?

How do we request and then appoint a new moderator ?

I genuinely hope all is well with Tar because he hasn’t been around in a while.

You would be my second choice. Hullabaloo would be my first choice. Takes zero ****. Spots a wind-up a mile away. An active and competent moderator. Heavily involved. This is from a thread when Gozunda hadn’t a clue what he was talking about. Tried his usual gaslighting tactics. All his posts were removed and was not allowed to post in the thread again.
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058021522/1/#post111460118
    So my first choice would be Hullabaloo. Then your good self. Can we make this happen ?
    How do we request and then appoint a new moderator ?I genuinely hope all is well with Tar because he hasn’t been around in a while.

Well well klopp. But OMG a thread on grammar!!! Must be bad eh lol. That said other posters here have said you dont represent them and that's fair enough. Embarrassing comments for you tbf.

Though tbh don't think I want to be a mod here. Thanks all the same. :pac:

gozunda wrote: »
    Well well klopp. Can't help yourself lol.. That said other posters here have said you dont represent them and that's fair enough. Embarrassing comments for you tbf.

Though tbh don't think I want to be a mod here. Thanks all the same. :pac:

Can’t help what ? Ponting out the truth ?

You were instantly put in your place and that moderator spotted you a mile off with your bull**** tactics.

Thread banned and disposed of.

If that moderator was on this forum you wouldn’t be and that would be a blessing for all that care about animals and would would like to discuss it without you gaslighting.

I’ve zero interest in representing anybody. I don’t have the illusions of grandeur that you may have. I say that because you seem happy (deluded) with your self appointed spokesperson role for all the farmers. I doubt they all want you representing them but alas here you are anyway.

Hullabaloo had your number (spoofer and gaslighter) and I hope they are the new additional moderator on this forum.

Can’t help what ? Ponting out the truth ? You were instantly put in your place and that moderator spotted you a mile off with your bull**** tactics. Thread banned and disposed of. If that moderator was on this forum you wouldn’t be and that would be a blessing for all that care about animals and would would like to discuss it without you gaslighting. I’ve zero interest in representing anybody. I don’t have the illusions of grandeur that you may have. I say that because you seem happy (deluded) with your self appointed spokesperson role for all the farmers. I doubt they all want you representing them but alas here you are anyway. Hullabaloo had your number (spoofer and gaslighter) and I hope they are the new additional moderator on this forum.

Even more personal attacks on posters and nothing to do with the thread or topic.

I have no interest in having any discussion with you and considering your frankly vile and continued toxic hatred of farmers.

But there we are...

It wasn’t a thread on grammar. It tried to be.

But it became a thread on gaslighting. Your favourite tactic.

And you were busted in an instant. Charged with gaslighting and abandoned.

The poor moderator even made the point that they were aghast at having to do that for the first time ever in that forum. You set a precedent.

You need a new t-shirt. ‘I represent all farmers and gaslighting is my tactic’. Shame.

gozunda wrote: »
    I have no interest in having any discussion with you and considering your frankly vile and continued hatred of farmers.

But there we are..

Ha. More gaslighting.

You’re a very sad bully and I can’t imagine all the farmers are happy on boards with your self appointed representation of them all.

Maybe you should allow time before you post. Then you wouldn’t have to spend so much time editing your posts.

Maybe you should allow time before you post. Then you wouldn’t have to spend so much time editing your posts.

The last few post are completely unjustified

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭con747

I would be surprised if the few " Keyboard" farmers posting on here actually are real farmers. I would imagine their farms would need a bit of farming to be done while they are on here talking manure all day most days.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

It wasn’t a thread on grammar. It tried to be.
    But it became a thread on gaslighting. Your favourite tactic. And you were busted in an instant. Charged with gaslighting and abandoned. The poor moderator even made the point that they were aghast at having to do that for the first time ever in that forum. You set a precedent. You need a new t-shirt. ‘I represent all farmers and gaslighting is my tactic’. Shame.

Lol. Christ you don't half write some crap Klopp.

Anyway I really think you should read this. Its more suited to your own comments above tbh.

http://together.guide/are-you-a-gaslighter/

For reference to your 'gaslighting"
    A common method of gaslighting is known as the “double-whammy,” in which the gaslighter puts down the victim, waits for the victim’s response, and then attacks the victim’s judgment, perspective, or questioning of the original attack.

Btw I represent myself. Could just as disingenuously ask who you appointed you as the forum representative. ...

con747 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if the few " Keyboard" farmers posting on here actually are real farmers. I would imagine their farms would need a bit of farming to be done while they are on here talking manure all day most days.

Why would someone want to fake being a farmer:confused:, sounds a bit mad to me and frankly a bitter comment just to try and start another dispute.

I have very often wondered about this. There is no logic to the amount of time some ‘farmers’ have.

Surely the subsidies aren’t that good ?

Do you reckon some of these are paid posters ? Paid by the industry to shut down positive conversations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Ha. More gaslighting.

You’re a very sad bully and I can’t imagine all the farmers are happy on boards with your self appointed representation of them all.

Nasty thing to say about Gozunda. Great poster, may not always agree with him but that's what boards is about, discussion and being respectful to each other. Its you that's the bully with your conduct from the last few posts.

EvanFahy wrote: »
    Why would someone want to fake being a farmer:confused:, sounds a bit mad to me and frankly a bitter comment just to try and start another dispute.

Evan. It’s getting a bit late for you now.

16 year old children should be getting to bed early.

You’ll thank me for that advice in years to come.

I have very often wondered about this. There is no logic to the amount of time some ‘farmers’ have.

Surely the subsidies aren’t that good ?

Do you reckon some of these are paid posters ? Paid by the industry to shut down positive conversations ?

Some people have little else to do apart from antagonising people on a Vegan forum to get their kicks. If they are getting paid someone deserves a refund.

Evan. It’s getting a bit late for you now.

16 year old children should be getting to bed early.

Another personal attack, I have been noting but respectful to other posters on this forum and have been open to what they have to say.

Well at least you admit your here for a dispute.

Another personal attack, I have been noting but respectful to other posters on this forum and have been open to what they have to say.

A pity you were not as open when you started the thread, the one you had to change the title of because it was misleading.

• Advertisement

Going by that logic - no one who works should ever post on boards. But to be fair its just more of the anti farming sthick I see used by a very small number. It doesn't reflect well those posters at all imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement