Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhinged - Russell Crowe - 1st film back in US cinemas on July 1st.

Options
  • 12-05-2020 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭

US cinemas reopening for the 4th of July weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Looks good. Reminds me of Falling Down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wonder what, ordinarily, the metrics of success a film of this budget / type would be? Big test of the psychology of customers & Americans really, given their President & some of its news media has been keen to downplay this pandemic's severity.

Actually looks like it might be an entertaining, low-brow thriller; shades of Falling Down with Crowe's character[*]. Not worth risking a cinema for though.

[*] I mean, I assume it's a character & not just a docudrama of a typical day for Russell Crowe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

The trailer gives the entire movie away.

It also butchers a Nirvana song

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This doesn't interest me at all.

Seems like nothing new, very paint-by-numbers. The trailer is the movie.

Also Russell looks rough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Went to it today.
    One of those films that makes you scream 'Oh ffs just go to/call the police' at the screen numerous times. Russell Crowe glorious as a complete headcase. Female lead (for me) so annoying, I was almost on Russell's side. Her character has no development whatsoever. Last 5 minutes seemed terribly rushed.

Overall? Meh. Forgettable enough.
    Interesting experience in the cinema sitting far apart with masks and being ushered out the back door of the Multiplex into a back yard afterwards, rather than going out the main door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Watched it last night. It could have been so much better. I agree with above that Crowe played the part excellent , Jesus he put on some timber :).
    A couple of good scenes with some bloodshed especially in the first 20 mins
    Overall I’d give it 3/5

Advertisement