Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skerries to Beaumont Hospital commute

• 26-10-2020 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,
    Myself and my partner are considering buying a house in Skerries. Just looking for any info about commuting from Skerries to Beaumont where my partner may be working. Have read lots of older posts about commuting from skerries, but would be great to get some current info re. Traffic, commute times etc.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Train to Howth Junction and then the 17a goes from outside that stop to Beaumont. Personally I'd get a fold up bike and cycle from the station as the 17a must be the worst bus route in Dublin, infrequent and takes forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jane2020

Train to Howth Junction and then the 17a goes from outside that stop to Beaumont. Personally I'd get a fold up bike and cycle from the station as the 17a must be the worst bus route in Dublin, infrequent and takes forever.

Thanks a mill for reply. That's good to know. How would travelling by car be from Skerries towards Beaumont in morning during normal (non pandemic) times? Is it a doable option?

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Depends on the time. In for 7 no problem. In for 9 a bit longer. Bearing in mind the car park in Beaumont is a nightmare to park anytime after 8!

Jane2020 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for reply. That's good to know. How would travelling by car be from Skerries towards Beaumont in morning during normal (non pandemic) times? Is it a doable option?

Thanks for any advice.

yeah I suppose it depends when he's starting. If you were coming off the M1 at the Santry/Coolock exit traffic can be a nightmare there. I suppose it depends on your level of tolerance, I'd take the train every day rather than traffic.

yeah I suppose it depends when he's starting. If you were coming off the M1 at the Santry/Coolock exit traffic can be a nightmare there. I suppose it depends on your level of tolerance, I'd take the train every day rather than traffic.

Thank you. Yeah it would generally be 9 o'clock start. What length of time would you be talking to get in at that time?

• Advertisement

Depends on the time. In for 7 no problem. In for 9 a bit longer. Bearing in mind the car park in Beaumont is a nightmare to park anytime after 8!

Thank you. That's good to know about Beaumont carpark. Would generally have to be in for 9. Would that take up to an hour with traffic from skerries?

Jane2020 wrote: »
    Thank you. Yeah it would generally be 9 o'clock start. What length of time would you be talking to get in at that time?

anywhere between 45 mins and 2 hours I'd say, depending. It's hard to say, he'd have to just try it himself.

anywhere between 45 mins and 2 hours I'd say, depending. It's hard to say, he'd have to just try it himself.

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

Get the connecting dart from Howth Junction and cycle from Harmonstown station.

billyhead wrote: »
    Get the connecting dart from Howth Junction and cycle from Harmonstown station.

Thanks for the tipðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

yeah I suppose it depends when he's starting. If you were coming off the M1 at the Santry/Coolock exit traffic can be a nightmare there....
    Pre Covid, there would be queues southbound on the R132 dual carriageway waiting to join the M1.

(I live in Skerries - If I had to be in Beaumont for 9 and I was driving, I'd be leaving at 7.30 - but then I hate being late so tend to arrive everywhere early).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The 17a runs every 10-15 mins at peak times so I wouldn't say it's that infrequent. The 08:05 17a ex Howth Junction would get you to Beaumont Hospital by half 8 according to the timetable and the later 08:20 would get you there by 08:45 which might be a bit pushing it depending on traffic.

GT89 wrote: »
    The 17a runs every 10-15 mins at peak times so I wouldn't say it's that infrequent. The 08:05 17a ex Howth Junction would get you to Beaumont Hospital by half 8 according to the timetable and the later 08:20 would get you there by 08:45 which might be a bit pushing it depending on traffic.

Thanks a lot. That's great to know.

Pre Covid, there would be queues southbound on the R132 dual carriageway waiting to join the M1.

(I live in Skerries - If I had to be in Beaumont for 9 and I was driving, I'd be leaving at 7.30 - but then I hate being late so tend to arrive everywhere early).
    Thanks. That's great to know.

Advertisement