Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Basq wrote: »
    Opening should probably be in quotes..

They will be able to open the Computing and Electrical departments as they are classified as Essential retail under Level 5, would guess the Furniture side will have to hold off untiil the restrictions are eased.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/stores-reopening.html
    Following the Government’s announcement on October 19th, our stores will remain open for home appliances and essential technology products.

Our in-store Furniture and Bedding departments are closed.

You can shop with us in-store and online for Computers and Electrical items and online only for Furniture and Bedding products. When shopping online you can choose from either Click and Collect, Contactless Click and Collect or Home Delivery for all departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

I see some work going on in the old A-wear shop on O'Connell Street. Does anyone know if someone has taken it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Pistachio19

johnire wrote: »
    I see some work going on in the old A-wear shop on O'Connell Street. Does anyone know if someone has taken it over?

Weekender has it that DV8 is set to open there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Harvey Norman is now open at the retail park.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

johnire wrote: »

They have posters in the windows confirming that it is DV8 and the shopfitters seem to be kitting it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

thats some massive store that HN - was in there yesterday evening , some amount of staff as well. Lovely shop. Great selection. price wise , i felt a bit mixed about it some Items seemed a bit pricey, then some prices you would get from other shops and some price pretty good. And I think they still match other stores prices if they are cheaper , still think they have that going on.
    Surprised how Currys PC world seemed to have 'rolled over' easily and allowed them to open up there just a few doors up . i suppose competition though, and you cannot stop it. - i just wonder with brexit and that what will happen with Currys and the likes of other UK stores in Ireland and whether they are going to be around much longer or if its going to affect them in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Surprised how Currys PC world seemed to have 'rolled over' easily and allowed them to open up there just a few doors up .

What were you expecting?

What were you expecting?

oh i dunno - a bit of "we object as we already have the retail park covered with electrical products and laptops and computers" lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

thats some massive store that HN - was in there yesterday evening , some amount of staff as well. Lovely shop. Great selection. price wise , i felt a bit mixed about it some Items seemed a bit pricey, then some prices you would get from other shops and some price pretty good. And I think they still match other stores prices if they are cheaper , still think they have that going on.
    Surprised how Currys PC world seemed to have 'rolled over' easily and allowed them to open up there just a few doors up . i suppose competition though, and you cannot stop it. - i just wonder with brexit and that what will happen with Currys and the likes of other UK stores in Ireland and whether they are going to be around much longer or if its going to affect them in any way?

Currys a lot cheaper across the board, but as you say HN will price match.
    Most people go to HN to buy things on the never-never.

Haha , was so funny - was in there Sunday and see the stuff (mainly furniture) roped off with a bit of brown string effort , but the sales people were saying 'thats unessential items ..... but if you want anything out from there just ask' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Haha , was so funny - was in there Sunday and see the stuff (mainly furniture) roped off with a bit of brown string effort , but the sales people were saying 'thats unessential items ..... but if you want anything out from there just ask' :D

They would want to be careful who they tell that line to or they could end up closed having just opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

Good news Andy, brown string replaced with nice shiny tape!!

Good news Andy, brown string replaced with nice shiny tape!!

what Black & Yellow now with 'Crime scene - do not cross' ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Not a store, but there is something (a factory of sorts I assume) being built opposite Abbott Nutrition Ltd. in Finisklin. Does anyone have any Idea what the company is setting up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

job seeker wrote: »
    Not a store, but there is something (a factory of sorts I assume) being built opposite Abbott Nutrition Ltd. in Finisklin. Does anyone have any Idea what the company is setting up there?
    IDA are building it. As per Abbott building (IDA built) they will look for an occupier, not aware of anyone lined up for it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Three shops opened in town this week. DV8, The Hobby Shop and Poppy Lane Clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Gipo3 wrote: »
    IDA are building it. As per Abbott building (IDA built) they will look for an occupier, not aware of anyone lined up for it yet

It is an office block

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭glaswegian

magnumlady wrote: »
    Three shops opened in town this week. DV8, The Hobby Shop and Poppy Lane Clothing
    where are they located?
    What does DV8 sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Gipo3 wrote: »
    dingding wrote: »

It is an office block

Ah, I see! Cheers folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

glaswegian wrote: »
    where are they located?
    What does DV8 sell?

DV8 sells clothing for men and women - mostly aimed at fairly young people I'd say.
    It's in the unit on O'Connell St where AWEAR was.
    Poppy Lane looks to be a boutique and is opening in Johnston Court.
    Hobby Shop is at 47 O'Connell St, was there a card and party shop there before? Looks like art and hobby stuff mostly for kids.
    They're all chainstores from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

A new coffee shop opened on O'Connell Street. Rover Coffee Lab - next to Ward's Pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

dee_mc wrote: »
    DV8 sells clothing for men and women - mostly aimed at fairly young people I'd say.
    It's in the unit on O'Connell St where AWEAR was.
    Poppy Lane looks to be a boutique and is opening in Johnston Court.
    Hobby Shop is at 47 O'Connell St, was there a card and party shop there before? Looks like art and hobby stuff mostly for kids.
    They're all chainstores from what I can see.

Poppy Lane looks like a 'pop up' shop. Not really kitted out. Same as last few clothing shops that were in there. Wonder if it's just a short let for the Xmas period,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Petmania will open a shop in Cleveragh in April.

They are currently recruiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

Royal Spice Land opened up a store in Rathedmond Estate (just left of Baker Boys) last week. Unreal selection of spices and Asian fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Yes, I was in it about two weeks ago, nice little place, will definitely go there again. The only issue I had with it was that a couple of items, non perishable items, were very close to their best before date. That said I did purchase a few items that I didn't need, will probably never use and have no idea how to use them.

KFC at the retail park is temp closed & reopening on the 31 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

Anyone know what’s going in to the ground floor unit in the building opposite Lidl in Finisklin? There’s been work going on over the last couple of weeks and an awning and outdoor seating area has gone in. It appears to be a cafe/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Another O Heirs cafe...cant remember the name

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was looking at the Maxizoo website and they say they have a new shop in the Carraroe retail park. Does anyone know where they are? I know where the "old" Petstop is, but has Maxizoo actually opened in the last week?

https://maxizoo.ie/our-stores/maxi-zoo-sligo/

Advertisement