Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

speed vans parking on private property

Options
  • 26-10-2020 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

There's a private speed van parked at the way into kilmacanogue south bound since 4pn its not parked on a designated van parking area its parked on private property also blocking where heavy plant machine has a cul de sac to park in i have it all on footage.i dont think it got me now my question is have they the right to pull in where every they want or at there designated parking spots.When i done my truck course the instructor had the same situation a speed van parked on private property with a sign in back ground saying no parking he took it to court and one his case as van was parked illegally and not in one of its designated parking spots .So if anyone gets a speeding ticket on 26/10/2020 if it were me i would fight in court and if you need footage of where he was parked get in touch there which normally most i see are going 60,65,70 the building works has stopped the for the lock down so speed should be back to normal by now until building resumes.What are you comments on this bad good or indifferent
    Thanks fair man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Just cos you stick a no parking sign somewhere does not make it illegal to park there ...
    It may be illegal to block the access ( that could be a civil matter) ,but thats different to parking on a double yellow , or close to junction ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fair man

Markcheese wrote: »
    Just cos you stick a no parking sign somewhere does not make it illegal to park there ...
    It may be illegal to block the access ( that could be a civil matter) ,but thats different to parking on a double yellow , or close to junction ..
    i think it does when the no parking sign is on private property which you should not be on in the first place Thanks for feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Markcheese wrote: »
    fair man wrote: »
    i think it does when the no parking sign is on private property which you should not be on in the first place Thanks for feedback

I agree with Markcheese, just because there is a sign don't make it so. I've known people to paint yellow lines outside their house.

And if it was private land, it's a civil matter for the land owner to deal with.

Best of luck with your anti road safety campaign. Out of curiosity, were you on your your way to some sort anti lockdown rally or similar??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Your truck license instructor was fined for speeding? And got off on a technicality? And then told his students about it? I think that attitude explains some of the dangerous drivers on our roads.

I think limiting speed enforcement to designated areas defeats the purpose of speed enforcement and works to the advantage of dangerous drivers. Although, I don't think they should cause an obstruction or endanger others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Peregrine wrote: »
    I think limiting speed enforcement to designated areas defeats the purpose of speed enforcement
    it's utterly bananas. makes no sense at all. can you imagine the gardai were to (in general) only be allowed patrol certain areas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i tried to see if the legislation was easy to read, and ran into that problem where road traffic acts are like nesting dolls with holes punched through them, they desperately need to be consolidated.

e.g. from the 2010 act, at the end:
    " (10) The following are repealed:

(a) section 21 of the Act of 2002,
    (b) section 15 of the Act of 2004, and
    (c) section 17 of the Act of 2006."
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2010/act/25/section/81/enacted/en/html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Were I the landowner of a suitable spot to park a speed camera van, my reaction would be, 'if you enjoy your van windows as they are, you should move on'

'i'm well 'ard, even the gardai are scared of me'

I agree with Markcheese, just because there is a sign don't make it so. I've known people to paint yellow lines outside their house.

And if it was private land, it's a civil matter for the land owner to deal with.

Best of luck with your anti road safety campaign. Out of curiosity, were you on your your way to some sort anti lockdown rally or similar??
    no nothing against road safety its very important but it has to be done by the law of the land. when its been carried out to the letter of the law but a government contractor breaking the law parking out of there designated spots is just letting people off and not just road safety there's killers walking because things where not done to the letter of the law.one coming up they fff up the phone masts and calls etc and hes a evil bas...d any way back to government contractors breaking the law they should be made park where allocated and stick to the letter of the law,and where i was going mind your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Were I the landowner of a suitable spot to park a speed camera van, my reaction would be, 'if you enjoy your van windows as they are, you should move on'

You’d threaten to damage the property of a company acting on behalf of DoJ and under the authority of AGS? If you ever do that, please arrange for it to go on YouTube. I need a giggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Your truck license instructor was fined for speeding? And got off on a technicality? And then told his students about it? I think that attitude explains some of the dangerous drivers on our roads.

This attitude stinks. Take your punishment like a man instead of looking to squirm a way out of it.

A microcosm of everything that's wrong with cute hoor Ireland.

I think limiting speed enforcement to designated areas defeats the purpose of speed enforcement and works to the advantage of dangerous drivers. Although, I don't think they should cause an obstruction or endanger others.[/QUOTE

And no instructor not caught speeding just pissed government contractors breaking the law they are paid to enforce

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

More fantasies, might aswell dream awake as dream in bed.

markpb wrote: »
    You’d threaten to damage the property of a company acting on behalf of DoJ and under the authority of AGS? If you ever do that, please arrange for it to go on YouTube. I need a giggle.
    yep, 'but your honour, i *want* people speeding past my house' will be an interesting defence.

This attitude stinks. Take your punishment like a man instead of looking to squirm a way out of it.

A microcosm of everything that's wrong with cute hoor Ireland.

no if the government ministers and friends of guards got away with these speeding point for long enough without being caught. let the law bye"ing public get to use the word and letter of the law to get off technicality or not the government f..k.. up letting there contactor park on private property and when you see judge in court explain and as i said i have footage,for those needing it

it's utterly bananas. makes no sense at all. can you imagine the gardai were to (in general) only be allowed patrol certain areas?

your missing the point not gardai the speed van which are giving allocated parking spots

i tried to see if the legislation was easy to read, and ran into that problem where road traffic acts are like nesting dolls with holes punched through them, they desperately need to be consolidated.

e.g. from the 2010 act, at the end:
    " (10) The following are repealed:

(a) section 21 of the Act of 2002,
    (b) section 15 of the Act of 2004, and
    (c) section 17 of the Act of 2006."

Thanks

bit extreme but you are right

'i'm well 'ard, even the gardai are scared of me'

just shows your easy to wind up

markpb wrote: »

now no fire lighting lads please they should just park where there allowed by law

• Advertisement

yep, 'but your honour, i *want* people speeding past my house' will be an interesting defence.

no houses in place in question where van was foe km"s

Witcher wrote: »
    More fantasies, might aswell dream awake as dream in bed.

by the look of your avatar you use horse anyway won't get you reg lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Your truck license instructor was probably telling you porkies.

People love creating stupid stories like that which gullible people believe.

BTW, I got stopped by a garda for dangerous driving, but because he wasn't wearing his hat, I got off on a technicality. :)

Yep, some people still believe that a garda has to have a cap on and some people believe that a van cannot be situated off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The occupier or owner of the site may well have bestowed permission to the speed camera operator to park there. Can you prove in court that they don't have permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Mature folk will remember the old N8 at Cullahill in county Laois, where a Garda car would park up in a private house driveway with line of sight of the downhill approach to Cullahill from the Cork direction. So nothing new here.

cml387 wrote: »
    Mature folk will remember the old N8 at Cullahill in county Laois, where a Garda car would park up in a private house driveway with line of sight of the downhill approach to Cullahill from the Cork direction. So nothing new here.

I think that technically, they are only classed as parked when theres no one in the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

no nothing against road safety its very important but it has to be done by the law of the land. when its been carried out to the letter of the law but a government contractor breaking the law parking out of there designated spots is just letting people off and not just road safety there's killers walking because things where not done to the letter of the law.one coming up they fff up the phone masts and calls etc and hes a evil bas...d any way back to government contractors breaking the law they should be made park where allocated and stick to the letter of the law,and where i was going mind your own.

Would you ever cop on, the stench of BS of ye.

New profile offering speeders that broke the law a possible way to get off on a bogus technicality That's what you're really trying to do, making out that you're some sort of hero/ justice vigilante.

And if you reply to this and expect people to reply or take you seriously, try use some punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Post the footage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

have to ask , fair man, what Law are they breaking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

no if the government ministers and friends of guards got away with these speeding point for long enough without being caught. let the law bye"ing public get to use the word and letter of the law to get off technicality or not the government f..k.. up letting there contactor park on private property and when you see judge in court explain and as i said i have footage,for those needing it

Look mummy, the bigger boys got away with it. Boo hoo.

Life isn't fair, fair man.

Advertisement