Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Endurance Racing 2023+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Starting to see some attrition now. The 30 car had a heavy crash and is out. The ByKolles car had a big crash too, but is now back to the pits. The Jackie Chan DC car is stopped on track as was the 16 G-Drive.

The 8 is now in third place due to brake cooling issues, but should catch the 1 Rebellion easily enough once the safety car goes in.

Two Irish drivers to watch out for. Both in GT - Charlie Eastwood in the 90 Aston. And Matt Griffin in the 55 Ferrari.

Bit of a lull at the moment so studying my spotter guide and I've noticed there's a third Irish driver. Well, Irish/Cypriot - Ryan Cullen. Though I've also seen that he was born in Somerset. Anyway, he was in the 16 which is retired now.

Charlie Eastwood's 90 is in second in class, half a second off the lead, after 11 and a half hours of racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

So will the 7 Toyota be able to get back onto the podium. Will Toyota 8 hang on from here. Close race in GT Pro

Eastwood leading in GT AM

Brake worries for the Rebellions. They're still running close together in 2nd and 3rd. Now engine temp issues for the lead car in LMP2, though his lead is 2 minutes.

Charlie Eastwood's car is leading by 2 min 50 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Number 3 Rebellion having issues restarting at pit stops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Safety Car out with 38 mins to go

Green with 22 minutes to go. Three cars within a second fighting over second in GT Am

5 seconds between the top 2 in LMP2 with 6 minutes to go

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That was a really entertaining race despite the lack of LM P1 competition, P2 was a hard push the full 24hrs evidenced by the amount of brake and suspension failures

But a class win for Charlie Eastwood in GTAm is outstanding! Huge day for Irish motorsport and his TF team

Yeah, was a good race. The unreliability in P1 helped keep the interest there. The other classes were all close for most of the race.

Great result for Eastwood. Pity the Irish media are unlikely to pay much attention to it.

Very good result for the 50 team. Three rookie drivers, with very little prototype experience finished 9th in P2 (13th overall).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Wasn't able to see any of it this year sadly due to other commitments. Sounds like it was decent race, though the monsoon rain predicted never came :)

So that's the end of LMP1 at Le Mans. Shame it went out with a bit of a whimper as the Rebellion challenge never really took hold. Really looking forward to the hypercar era. I think there are good times ahead. It leaves some great memories though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

toyota-gr-super-sport-prototype_100761911_l.jpg

The new Toyota GT Hypercar made an appearance at the weekend. Even in the camo it looks nice!

Peugeot-Le-Mans-Hypercar-1-e1600662774301.jpg

And Peugeot released a teaser.

Endurance racing really should kick into another gear with these new rules. Great idea to get more entrants.

^^ That is one ugly toyota imo, maybe the angle doesn't do it any favours.

Can't wait for the hypercar era alright. So happy imsa and the aco have finally worked together on an equivalence formula. Having the top LM class eligible for sebring and the petite le mans is fantastic. Back in the audi vs Peugeot days, those along with LM itself were my favorite races of the year.

In case anyone is interested Nurburgring 24 is on this weekend. 2 and a half hours in. Very wet and forecast to rain pretty much to the end. Very impressive driving standards so far given the conditions. Hopefully will be this wet for f1 race there later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGapfk2q-s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

That would be amazing and that thing looks bloody class!

That would be great.

Spa 24hrs is on this weekend.

Any context behind that tweet? Would be great news if true.

Looking forward to Spa 24 hours. First time i will get to watch it live. Good timing with the lockdown :) .

I see Spa 24h is on sky sports F1. Will keep an eye on it. The greatest track we still have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Caught a few hours of Spa 24hr yesterday, I do like some motorsport on a Sunday morning. I think it's going to be an interesting six hours to go in this

• Advertisement

Yeah it's been a great race so far, though this morning was a bit of a mess with a lot of FCYs. Race leader #63 lambo crashed out this morning through eau rouge. Hard to pick a winner at the point.

PsychoPete wrote: »

Yeah there was 3 similar accidents there in a short space of time. #52 ferrari spun there, incredibly didn't hit anything. 60s later the #63 leader spun crashed. That crash you posted occurred a few mins after the FCY for the #63 ended. Treacherous conditions. More rain forecast before the end!.

Yeah there was 3 similar accidents there in a short space of time. #52 ferrari spun there, incredibly didn't hit anything. 60s later the #63 leader spun crashed. That crash you posted occurred a few mins after the FCY for the #63 ended. Treacherous conditions. More rain forecast before the end!.

The rain is here

Last 30 mins has been amazing, the advantage swinging back and further between wet runners and slick runners, several lead changes. Looks like wet tyres are the way to go now.

Nice of Sky to cut off the race for some F1 build up nonsense

It's live on youtube. Incredibly wet now. Like spa 1998 all over again.

Yeah I've switched over to YouTube

Ridiculous from a pay tv channel. Just as the restart was coming and the spray everywhere

• Advertisement

Great shots at the bottom of eau rouge

Advertisement