Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 254 - Khabib v Gaethje

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,643 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Khabib fights again it should be at welterweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

[PHP][/PHP]
    eagle eye wrote: »
    So he says something nice and he's a clown?
    You are unbelievable.

If you think he's sincere you're unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If you think he has retired then I have a pouch of magic beans I'd like to sell you. This is basically him telling Dana White to pay him serious money for his last ever fight. His father said he wanted him to retire at 30-0 so he will retire at 30-0. He will be using this to leverage GSP or McGregor to essentially outbid each other money wise when it comes to PPV points. Dana was talking about Ferguson or Chandler being no.1 contender if they fight which I don't think Khabib will be going for. Ferguson coming off a KO loss to the guy you just beat handily is not a great ending to your fight record and a Bellator fighter who got knocked out by a FW not long ago isn't close to being good enough either.

It will be GSP or McGregor. One gives Khabib a rubber stamp of GOAT and the other gives you the biggest PPV fight of all time, not just in MMA, but quite possibly boxing also. I'd say it would reach 4 million buys if they rematch.

Khabib isn't done, unless his father told him to quit after his next fight while on his deathbed and Khabib is keeping that private then I think he will fight one final time. This just gives him all the leverage against the UFC and possibly Mcgregor/GSP.
    I dunno, he seems genuine. He's not the flippant type. Although I would love to see him fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

If you think he has retired then I have a pouch of magic beans I'd like to sell you. This is basically him telling Dana White to pay him serious money for his last ever fight. His father said he wanted him to retire at 30-0 so he will retire at 30-0. He will be using this to leverage GSP or McGregor to essentially outbid each other money wise when it comes to PPV points. Dana was talking about Ferguson or Chandler being no.1 contender if they fight which I don't think Khabib will be going for. Ferguson coming off a KO loss to the guy you just beat handily is not a great ending to your fight record and a Bellator fighter who got knocked out by a FW not long ago isn't close to being good enough either.

It will be GSP or McGregor. One gives Khabib a rubber stamp of GOAT and the other gives you the biggest PPV fight of all time, not just in MMA, but quite possibly boxing also. I'd say it would reach 4 million buys if they rematch.

Khabib isn't done, unless his father told him to quit after his next fight while on his deathbed and Khabib is keeping that private then I think he will fight one final time. This just gives him all the leverage against the UFC and possibly Mcgregor/GSP.

You must not know Khabib at all.

Money is not his motivation.
    This was not a ploy for extra cash.

It’s possible he may fight GSP or the welterweight champ for the 30 but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

So he says something nice and he's a clown?
    You are unbelievable.

Give over.

"Yours sincerely the mcgregors "

Laced with sneer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm naive enough to believe he's retired
    he strikes me as a man that wont come back for anyone now
    that he's given his word

gsp though? the dream fight even tho gsp wouldn't have a prayer at this stage of his life.

dave1982 wrote:

All you have to go on is the words out up. No hint that he is not genuine so no reason to doubt it unless you know him personally

dave1982 wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

What is insincere about such a basic congratulations/condolence tweet? What an utterly stupid comment.

I could see GSP coming back again if there was a mega fight and he felt it would add something to his legacy. I could see Khabib looking at the same fight and shrugging his shoulders.

I don't see what beating a near 40 year old with memory problems who has won one fight in the last 7 years would add to Khabib's legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Still think he's sloppy as fuk on the feet Khabib, if that rumoured Mayweather fight had ever happened it would have been pure farce ............not fussed to see the back of him never been my cup of tea ..........if he'd had tried going up a weight with serious wrestling sharks I'd have been interested

He's beat Gaethje, Porier, McGregor (after near 2 yrs out), Iaquinta, and RDA......the rest of his 29-0 meh who knew

Goat? not for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭vafankillar

pity to see khabib retired. would have like to see him fight a few more times, but it's understandable, it's the same kind of commitment that made him who he is.

I do think had Mcgregor gone from the Alvarez fight straight to khabib he might have done it, but he went off the rails imo and all that boxing **** and antics ruined his flow completely. yeah he showed flare against cowboy but that wasn't exactly top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Gsp at 155 ?

All you have to go on is the words out up. No hint that he is not genuine so no reason to doubt it unless you know him personally

"It's so unfortunate that that young man outside Lidl is always just a Euro short for his bus home."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Haha are you trolling because that's total nonsense

"It's so unfortunate that that young man outside Lidl is always just a Euro short for his bus home."
    What is that crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Tweets on the screen during the fight rot my hole

Seemingly khabib fought with a broken foot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Aww poor Khabib. I might cry myself now.
    That was so lousy. I wanted to cheer but I wanted to cry too.

What is that crap?

If you actually go through your life taking people's words and not their previous actions and statements and general awareness into account then that's the kind of thoughts that logically follow. Or ya know, you can use some cop on.

that gave me a right laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I don't see what beating a near 40 year old with memory problems who has won one fight in the last 7 years would add to Khabib's legacy.

Same guy had won 0 fights in four years and came back and beat the middleweight champion.

Because names and star power matter when it comes to general perception. If McGregor had beaten Mayweather it would be rightly lauded as an incredible feat, embellishment of his legacy. Nobody would be going around saying he beat a 40 year old retired lad.

Just me or does Dana sound a bit off / slurring his words on the presser? Seemed exhausted.

mdwexford wrote: »
    You must not know Khabib at all.

Money is not his motivation.
    This was not a ploy for extra cash.

It’s possible he may fight GSP or the welterweight champ for the 30 but I doubt it.

I do know Khabib, paid attention to him since his win against Dos Anjos over 5 years ago. I know his father and Allah were basically his guiding lights. We can't know what Allah has asked of him but we know his father was adament at 30-0 being a perfect record to retire with and we never got any indication to the contrary since he passed away. I'd bet my life that he fights again and retires in front of a crowd. I'd bet my house on it being GSP at Welterweight. Money is not his motivation, sure, but he's a very intelligent man who would know his worth and know if he is not getting what he believes he's worth.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Haha are you trolling because that's total nonsense

Are you drunk? His father said Khabib will retire at 30-0. His father passes away, Khabib "retires" at 29-0. No. Excuse me for putting 2 and 2 together. Must be trolling. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I do know Khabib, paid attention to him since his win against Dos Anjos over 5 years ago. I know his father and Allah were basically his guiding lights. We can't know what Allah has asked of him but we know his father was adament at 30-0 being a perfect record to retire with and we never got any indication to the contrary since he passed away. I'd bet my life that he fights again and retires in front of a crowd. I'd bet my house on it being GSP at Welterweight. Money is not his motivation, sure, but he's a very intelligent man who would know his worth and know if he is not getting what he believes he's worth.

What about him saying to his Mother, who didn't want him to fight without his Father that this would be his last fight? Said something along the lines of making her a promise.

If you actually go through your life taking people's words and not their previous actions and statements and general awareness into account then that's the kind of thoughts that logically follow. Or ya know, you can use some cop on.
    You are so full of crap on this subject. If McGregor wants a to insult he doesn't hide it. That's how little you know

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Seemingly khabib fought with a broken foot.

Dont believe that for a second if hos foot was broke hed have been cutting weigh on a bile instead of running surley, The UFC vlog he was running every day before the fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭vafankillar

mcgregor's tweet for anyone that missed it

ElIAHhMXEAIzNPK?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Taking nothing away from Khabin but Justin was absolutely awful off his back

• Advertisement

After all the covid protocols on fight island it ends with 4 lads spitting into each others shoes and drinking beer from said footwear . Heheheh

Advertisement