Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Schools

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭thomas 123

khalessi wrote: »
    You would think people who are not teachers, would have better things to do then troll the teacher and lecturing forum.

Just reading over posts here and defending teachers and the lack of testing/contact tracing in other forums, point being don’t expect a public forum to be explicitly for teachers just because its in a section on a public board and don’t attack non teachers for posting in here.

Maybe if ye want it to be more selective of your members message a moderator and have them make it read only unless you message for posting rights?

For the record I completely disagree with the last person that “wandered in”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have to say that nearly every teacher I know doesn't want schools to close but we all want things to change. Personally I think all children from 4th up should be wearing masks at all times while on school grounds. Obviously this also applies to secondary as well.

The issue is once the teacher is out of sight the masks come off and there is zero social distancing....that was I see in my PP school anyway.

The numbers reported on the Facebook page are vastly lower than reality, I know of 3 schools that have 2/3 cases each where they are showing up as one as they have no confirmation letter so don’t count the cases....they still exist and were transmited within the classrooom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭amacca

solerina wrote: »
    The issue is once the teacher is out of sight the masks come off and there is zero social distancing....that was I see in my PP school anyway.

The numbers reported on the Facebook page are vastly lower than reality, I know of 3 schools that have 2/3 cases each where they are showing up as one as they have no confirmation letter so don’t count the cases....they still exist and were transmited within the classrooom.

The dont socially distance even when teachers are in sight in a lot of places.........the bar for what is acceptable is very low when there arent serious consequences for stepping out of line

Thats what happens when you slowly erode teacher authority year on year

Could actually do with teachers really being in charge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

amacca wrote: »

Michael Martin is actually a trained primary teacher!!!

Careful what you wish for 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

amacca wrote: »
    The dont socially distance even when teachers are in sight in a lot of places.........the bar for what is acceptable is very low when there arent serious consequences for stepping out of line

Thats what happens when you slowly erode teacher authority year on year

Who erodes teacher authority?

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1022/1173303-irish-schools-covid/

Finally a journalist is brave enough to raise the issues we have with regards to the difference of close contacts in an educational setting and elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1022/1173303-irish-schools-covid/

Finally a journalist is brave enough to raise the issues we have with regards to the difference of close contacts in an educational setting and elsewhere

I was starting to wonder if we were the only school told to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Asti ballot result should be out next week.
    How do you see it going? It was such a mixed bag, I just don't see it getting a Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

How do you see it going? It was such a mixed bag, I just don't see it getting a Yes.

There were too many questions and too many ballots. And I don’t understand why ballot 3 had so many questions. It was more like a survey.

I’d say it might carry on some of the issues, hard to argue with high risk teachers staying home.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »

Hmmmm,wonder what's going on.

Hmmmm,wonder what's going on.

@CatrionaGolden Tests by the Department show that some of the sanitiser on sale does not comply with regulations governing the content & efficacy of such products. Some of the product contains methanol rather than ethanol. Prolonged use of such sanitiser may cause dermatitis, eye irritation 2/3
    @CatrionaGolden upper respiratory system irritation and headaches. This product may not remain on the market or be made available for use 3/3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

@CatrionaGolden Tests by the Department show that some of the sanitiser on sale does not comply with regulations governing the content & efficacy of such products. Some of the product contains methanol rather than ethanol. Prolonged use of such sanitiser may cause dermatitis, eye irritation 2/3
    @CatrionaGolden upper respiratory system irritation and headaches. This product may not remain on the market or be made available for use 3/3

Oh ffs its one travesty after another in schools at the moment.

Holy fcuk.

The FDA stated that it is critical that anyone exposed to hand sanitizers that contain methanol seek treatment immediately to reverse the effects of methanol poisoning, which can potentially lead to nausea and vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, coma, nerve damage or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Christ kids have been using it!!!
    Another DOH fu*k up

Holy fcuk.

The FDA stated that it is critical that anyone exposed to hand sanitizers that contain methanol seek treatment immediately to reverse the effects of methanol poisoning, which can potentially lead to nausea and vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, coma, nerve damage or death.

You would have to question the timing of this .......how long have they known?

You would have to question the timing of this .......how long have they known?

Well it's use has been banned in the US since June.

I thought schools were promised this kinda sh!t was done with?

https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/2...er-covid-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Don't blame principal for leaving the office at 9pm, enough is enough.

This link working.
    https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/22/county-roscommon-primary-school-to-close-tomorrow-after-covid-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

......and Norma quiet as a mouse.

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    ......and Norma quiet as a mouse.

She should be quiet. Tomorrow, well later today is the day that a lot of schools lose a teacher due to developing school status.

Remember when she promised in the dail that no schools would lose a teacher this year, BIG FAT LIE.

Well done everyone on making it to mid term !
    Staff and students have earned this break
    I hope it’s not interrupted by any changes tbh
    Just want to take the week off and get back into it after Halloween.
    The back is broken off the year now !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well I want to post a (rare) positive post here.My child had an absolute ball at school today.They all wore their costumes, they did their socially distanced parade and disco in the yard and they all had "movies" and sweets in their classrooms.The school and preschool did a superb job, especially this week and I cannot thank them enough for giving the little people in my house some bit of normality in their world, which has been turned on its head since March.It's a credit to the schools in question here, who have been doing their absolute best since early September.

shesty wrote: »
    Well I want to post a (rare) positive post here.My child had an absolute ball at school today.They all wore their costumes, they did their socially distanced parade and disco in the yard and they all had "movies" and sweets in their classrooms.The school and preschool did a superb job, especially this week and I cannot thank them enough for giving the little people in my house some bit of normality in their world, which has been turned on its head since March.It's a credit to the schools in question here, who have been doing their absolute best since early September.

Same in my sons primary .
    They were not allowed bring any props but wore their costume .
    He had a great day .
    It was one of the first things I thought of when the news about the hand sanitizer possibly closing schools today broke .
    He would have been one sad young boy !

Same in my sons primary .
    They were not allowed bring any props but wore their costume .
    He had a great day .
    It was one of the first things I thought of when the news about the hand sanitizer possibly closing schools today broke .
    He would have been one sad young boy !

Ours weren't allowed props either. Loved all the photos I got parents today of their kids and friends dressed up. Smiles on their faces showed all I needed to know that they are happy.

We are all happy to be in school once it is safe. Personally think changes need to be made to keep them open.

loved school today, it was the first day that was what it used to be, fun craic spontaniety, teachers dressed up and kids and they laughed and had fun. It was lovely. We also had a member of staff leave which made it an emotional day for most as they were there a lonnng time. Just a really sweet day. Need more of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

loved school today, it was the first day that was what it used to be, fun craic spontaniety, teachers dressed up and kids and they laughed and had fun. It was lovely. We also had a member of staff leave which made it an emotional day for most as they were there a lonnng time. Just a really sweet day. Need more of them

Great to hear.

Appreciate all the effort yous have put in.

I moved school this summer after a decade and a half in the school
    Didn’t get to say goodbye to staff or students
    We all assumed we would be able to meet up at mid term or by Xmas at the latest
    Won’t happen now
    Sad :(

Won’t happen now

Aww Km I send a huge hug, it is so tough not being able to properly say goodbye to people you care about, not to be even able to hug goodbye. We just were saying the night out will be in the future. Hope times get good enough soon that you get your proper goodbye soon. Ive been there a long time and its like a second famiy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Won’t happen now

You will celebrate dude. It will happen. Some stage.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement